House Bill 4357 (2015) Establish Permissible Level Of Thc In Blood For Certain Individuals

http://legislature.mi.gov/doc.aspx?2015-HB-4357

March 18, 2015, Introduced by Rep. Lucido and referred to the Committee on Judiciary.

A bill to amend 1949 PA 300, entitled "Michigan vehicle code," by amending section 625 (MCL 257.625)

(8) A Except as otherwise provided in this subsection, a

person, whether licensed or not, shall not operate a vehicle upon a

highway or other place open to the general public or generally

accessible to motor vehicles, including an area designated for the

parking of vehicles, within this state if the person has in his or

her body any amount of a controlled substance listed in schedule 1

under section 7212 of the public health code, 1978 PA 368, MCL

333.7212, or a rule promulgated under that section, or of a

controlled substance described in section 7214(a)(iv) of the public

health code, 1978 PA 368, MCL 333.7214.

However, this subsection does not apply if the person is a qualifying patient who has been issued and possesses a registry identification card, and if he or

she has in his or her body a tetrahydrocannabinol content of less than 5 nanograms per 1 milliliter of blood. As used in this subsection, "qualifying patient" and "registry identification card" mean those terms as defined in section 3 of the Michigan medical marihuana act, 2008 IL 1, MCL 333.26423.

Edited by t-pain

also this one, apparently.

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/documents/2015-2016/billintroduced/House/htm/2015-HIB-4356.htm

HOUSE BILL No. 4356

March 18, 2015, Introduced by Rep. Kesto and referred to the Committee on Judiciary.

A bill to amend 1927 PA 175, entitled "The code of criminal procedure," by amending section 48 of chapter XVII (MCL 777.48), as amended by 2013 PA 24.

11 © The offender operated a vehicle, vessel, ORV,

12 snowmobile, aircraft, or locomotive while the offender

13 was under the influence of alcoholic or intoxicating

14 liquor, a controlled substance, or a combination of

15 alcoholic or intoxicating liquor and a controlled

16 substance; or while the offender's body contained any

17 amount of a controlled substance listed in schedule 1

18 under section 7212 of the public health code, 1978 PA

19 368, MCL 333.7212, other than less than 5 nanograms

20 of tetrahydrocannabinol per 1 milliliter of blood if

21 the offender was a qualifying patient who was issued

22 and possesses a registry identification card under

23 the Michigan medical marihuana act, 2008 IL 1,

24 MCL 333.26421 to 333.26430,

Edited by t-pain

ok so my mom goes to wallmarts about every other day, she has never gotten a ticket in her life, she is doing rx's for her pain, she is on vicoden and xanax so if she was to get pulled over for swerving or something she would get dui,,,,,,why does all of the prescriptions including methadon, oxci''s and all the rest of the opoids and other pills that are addicting and most def do influence your life/driving and just in general a normal life all say dont operate heavy machinery untill you are used to the effects of this medication!

welll I have to tell ya I have been using mj since I was 9yrs old regularly, I have had two accidents in my entire life, and I was not at fault on either of them and it was proven.

how come we dont hear of older folks with their lil pill carriers (not the rx bottle) not gettting arrested for dui?  mm is not as big of a factor as opoids in people on the road, I will admit I cant realy burn one if I have to drive more than an hr, I get the nods and usualy have to pull over at a rest area and take a nap so I can be an alert driver the rest of the way!

Why are mm users being arrested at an alarming rate and not others on rx's?

Peace

Well, here is the dooshbag ya can thank for licking the MSP/PAAM's arsehole and weighing in on something he has absolutely no clue about:

post-31484-0-32090400-1426778677_thumb.jpg

I am a Republican. I suck. My voters are idiots who vote for me because they are idiots.

DISTRICT
State Rep. Peter J. Lucido was first elected to serve the 36th District in November 2014.  The district covers part of Macomb County including Bruce, Washington and part of Shelby townships and the Village of Romeo.

"less than 5 nanograms of tetrahydrocannabinol per 1 milliliter of blood"

So, is this the "active" stuff that stays in your blood for a few hours ??

Or, is this the stuff that is stored in your body for around a month ??

Huge difference in the two.

I'm still waiting to see what impairment to the point of a hazard looks like. To lick and stick a 5ng/dl limit is capricious and arbitrary. If they do their science I might agree to reasonable limits. Does anyone really think they will study that without bias?

• 3 months later...

"less than 5 nanograms of tetrahydrocannabinol per 1 milliliter of blood"

So, is this the "active" stuff that stays in your blood for a few hours ??

Or, is this the stuff that is stored in your body for around a month ??

Huge difference in the two.

i'm no Lawyer and i say 

So, is this the "active" stuff that stays in your blood for a few hours ?? Yes

Or, is this the stuff that is stored in your body for around a month ?? No that has already been ruled on  the Koon case

They still have to do a road test we all know that you are not stoned after about 2 hours then the THC drops down 

We all know most of us are not stoned enough to impair our driving once we get used to the drug. I can pass a road sobriety field test no matter how much I smoke or when.  And I smoke the most powerful cannabis strains there are at times. There 's a lot of BS going around about cannabis driving impairment. Try not to buy into it. 

ok so my mom goes to wallmarts about every other day, she has never gotten a ticket in her life, she is doing rx's for her pain, she is on vicoden and xanax so if she was to get pulled over for swerving or something she would get dui,,,,,,why does all of the prescriptions including methadon, oxci''s and all the rest of the opoids and other pills that are addicting and most def do influence your life/driving and just in general a normal life all say dont operate heavy machinery untill you are used to the effects of this medication!

welll I have to tell ya I have been using mj since I was 9yrs old regularly, I have had two accidents in my entire life, and I was not at fault on either of them and it was proven.

how come we dont hear of older folks with their lil pill carriers (not the rx bottle) not gettting arrested for dui?  mm is not as big of a factor as opoids in people on the road, I will admit I cant realy burn one if I have to drive more than an hr, I get the nods and usualy have to pull over at a rest area and take a nap so I can be an alert driver the rest of the way!

Why are mm users being arrested at an alarming rate and not others on rx's?

Peace

Because most everyones investment portfolio counts on citizens consuming mass quantities of prescription medication, not natural cannabis. Stocks, profits,dividends......follow the money

I can agree that people are consuming prescription medication and a lot but some is still needed for different sicknesses cannabis would be my first choice if i had it to use but it may not work as well after a Doctor get done cutting on you because after you get home it does hurt a lot    

We all know most of us are not stoned enough to impair our driving once we get used to the drug. I can pass a road sobriety field test no matter how much I smoke or when.  And I smoke the most powerful cannabis strains there are at times. There 's a lot of BS going around about cannabis driving impairment. Try not to buy into it. 

Thanks i'm glad your legs work but some couldn't pass because of medical reasons or have no legs or maybe one leg