Don’T Block Detroit Access To Medical Pot

bobandtorey

I lived in Detroit for years and never had a problem with access to cannabis. Before dispensaries were even considered.

How much harder could it be now?

420 peace Wild Bill i do agree but it wasn't that easy for someone that may be new to using cannabis or maybe they did back when they where younger 

How much harder could it be now? i agree it's a lot easier today to know someone that knows someone to get your cannabis from but back inn 2007 - 2008 the dispensaries that started up did help many 

people would sign up with the State then go out and buy their cannabis without the wait time of growing their own it's a lot less risker then going out and getting a Court date of your own 

it is only my opinion and hope it make sense 

I do agree and things would be almost perfect i would like to Add one thing Cannabis would be Free to anyone that could not pay for it 

What commodity is guaranteed free to those who can't pay for it?

How do you decide where the line is between those who can't pay and those who just don't want to pay?

Same Old Same Old Same Old...

LeoCourts steeling and dealing,

Courts raking in Huge Revenues, prisons overcrowded Families destroyed

The Dispensary Lobby Juana hook up with Leo/Courts. = Monopoly for the dispensary and further job security for Leo / Courts. Aka. Continued raids, busy courts and jails and prisons

The dispensaries , even still illegal , are trying a hostile takeover of Our Good Law MMP. And eliminate the patient from growing their own meds by any means possible.

We the People Voted to Grow Our Own or have someone help us with that. Thats it..

Dispensaries were never mentioned, needed or wanted.

They have injected themselves like a virus, to profit from our sick and poor.

Same Old Same Old

We Can Stop the Reefer Madness !

Abrogate, Print your own petition, get some sigs. Turn them in. It's Easy

We Can Do This!

"They have injected themselves like a virus, to profit from our sick and poor."

Well stated brother.  :goodjob:

While I feel they can be a part of the 'industry' they should not be allowed

a monopoly.  Is there a 'need'?  I don't think so.  A desire for easily accessable

expensive herb?  Sure, there is a market for it.

As an ONLY choice.. oh he ll NO.

Patients need to wake the heck up.

there are no arcades in detroit. theres hardly any arcades in the entire metro area.

What? no chucky cheese?

Peace

correct. no chucky cheese in the city of detroit. no zapzone's either. no dave n busters.

a few of those in the burbs of course.

according to google there is a bounce house on 8 and grosbeck, which has an arcade.

http://www.bouncehouseonline.com/

http://www.offworldarcade.com/

says its at 2701 Bagley - Detroit, MI.

dunno if its still there.

As long as any drug is too expensive or unavailable for a large portion of users there will be a black market. It’s the central reason beyond profits why they continue to increase yearly opioid production, because many would turn to heroin if cut off. With supply from Mexico drastically decreasing, it is clear that black market marijuana has been taking a hit due to increased local availability and better price/quality ratio. Any monopolization will have difficulties as the people are against it.

The whole idea of having to grow medical marijuana indoors is what I see as the central issue.

1. Electrical demand will be too much for the grid in 5-10 years with everyone growing indoors. This will cause the price of electricity to increase especially during peak hours. There’s several feedbacks involved including climate change, efforts to reduce carbon emissions, human health and A/C usage that will significantly increase demand, cost and blackouts.
  2. Many people who need medical marijuana do not have the cash to pay for an indoor grow setup or the cost of utilities.
  3. It encourages home invasions or break-ins rather than someone grabbing a plant from your backyard.

So unless all the indoor growers start investing in solar cells, geothermal, ect., the farmers market type setup would only be viable in the short term. Perhaps the better idea would be to commercialize it and have insurance cover medical marijuana for various conditions; or maybe have highly efficient commercial setups along with self/caregiver grows (including outdoor).

Edited by Alphabob

As long as any drug is too expensive or unavailable for a large portion of users there will be a black market. It’s the central reason beyond profits why they continue to increase yearly opioid production, because many would turn to heroin if cut off. With supply from Mexico drastically decreasing, it is clear that black market marijuana has been taking a hit due to increased local availability and better price/quality ratio. Any monopolization will have difficulties as the people are against it.

The whole idea of having to grow medical marijuana indoors is what I see as the central issue.

1. Electrical demand will be too much for the grid in 5-10 years with everyone growing indoors. This will cause the price of electricity to increase especially during peak hours. There’s several feedbacks involved including climate change, efforts to reduce carbon emissions, human health and A/C usage that will significantly increase demand, cost and blackouts.
  2. Many people who need medical marijuana do not have the cash to pay for an indoor grow setup or the cost of utilities.
  3. It encourages home invasions or break-ins rather than someone grabbing a plant from your backyard.

So unless all the indoor growers start investing in solar cells, geothermal, ect., the farmers market type setup would only be viable in the short term. Perhaps the better idea would be to commercialize it and have insurance cover medical marijuana for various conditions; or maybe have highly efficient commercial setups along with self/caregiver grows (including outdoor).

I agree their will be No More Tumbled weed  i'm all for that

Oh i forgot Thanks 

Edited by bobandtorey

• Electrical demand will be too much for the grid in 5-10 years with everyone growing indoors. This will cause the price of electricity to increase especially during peak hours. There’s several feedbacks involved including climate change, efforts to reduce carbon emissions, human health and A/C usage that will significantly increase demand, cost and blackouts.
  • Many people who need medical marijuana do not have the cash to pay for an indoor grow setup or the cost of utilities.
  • It encourages home invasions or break-ins rather than someone grabbing a plant from your backyard.

Don't forget about the positives of growing cannabis outdoors. Cannabis absorbs carbon dioxide like Homer Simpson absorbs beer. Large amounts of cannabis grown outdoors might help to alleviate global warming/climate change.

To complete the circle, make it perfect, they could sentence unsanctioned sellers to marijuana producing details. They could actually make us grow it and clean it for them. Free labor. Experts laboring for free room and board with shackles.

Is for greater good of Glorious Homeland, comrade!

Let the people that can grow Grow all they want it will be Free for all in a few months people will be paying others to take it away

My local grow store provides free nutrients for cannabis plants grown outdoors. Local farmers decided to grow all the corn they could this year, just to give away the excess for free, since my local gas stations now provide FREE TRACTOR FUEL VOUCHERS to all free corn growers.

Why hasn't MI fed the hungry children on the streets, or the hungry veterans sleeping on the side of the road with free food for all. No laws need changing, nobody goes to jail, no voting necessary, no signatures needed, no dress up costume play at city hall, no in fighting, no divide and conquer, no door to door, no SWAT, nothing but hungry Michigan residents being fed.

OK Free for all   that will work 

Then the elves will take time out of their cookie making to make your marijuana. And winnie the pooh will sit in a chair and do your cleaning. High tea at noon with free weed all around. It used to be sooo much work! Now that it's free we can all relax and have beautiful and bountiful marijuana anytime we want to.

Oh, free the weed didn't mean make it free? It meant make it free for people to work at growing it if they want to? It's always going to be the fruit of someone's labor? Dang. Well, there you have it, weed is never going to be free. Maybe beer? Dang, that takes work too. 

I can agree to all comments Free the Weed 

The only way to take the profit out on cannabis is for all to be able to grow it in their back yard 

You must really hate profit. I used to pick worms for my aunt's bait shop and made a handsome profit of a penny a worm. Free The Worms is what everyone was saying. LOL That stinkin' worm picker is gettin' rich. 

Everything in context. Someone needs to get paid for picking the worms. So there will be some sort of profit for them, I hope, or they must be slaves. 

They call them Night Crawlers lol!  The church at the end of my street used to water their lawn every day, as soon as it got dark we ran down there with our flash lights and cans and were catching 2 at a time (slimy love making worms) My pa would give us a penny a worm also, he had more worms than he knew what to do with lol!  I only lived a block away from lake st.clair so we fished off the docks all summer!

Peace

You must really hate profit. I used to pick worms for my aunt's bait shop and made a handsome profit of a penny a worm. Free The Worms is what everyone was saying. LOL That stinkin' worm picker is gettin' rich. 

Everything in context. Someone needs to get paid for picking the worms. So there will be some sort of profit for them, I hope, or they must be slaves. 

Free The Worms!

Bawahahahahahahahahahaha!

I love it!

Peace