Cloud 45. Gaylord Raided......again

beourbud

My guess is you live off the gubmint (much respect), so don't come in here crying about not getting a job because of your skin color. Like you even applied..

You are officially the second person on this site that I'm blocking. Not because what you say bothers me so much as you have brought absolutely nothing of value to the table (unless you count bad grammar and ignorance) in the time that I've spent reading this forum. No need for your clutter. 

Peace

I don't think phaque lives off the government. I think he gets a paltry monthly payment in the form of SSDI, after being T-boned in a car accident by some young kid. He paid into the system for years while working productively. From what I know of him, he'd far rather be working and paying into the system still.

My guess is you live off the gubmint (much respect), so don't come in here crying about not getting a job because of your skin color. Like you even applied..

You are officially the second person on this site that I'm blocking. Not because what you say bothers me so much as you have brought absolutely nothing of value to the table (unless you count bad grammar and ignorance) in the time that I've spent reading this forum. No need for your clutter. 

Peace

I was self employed most of my adult life, I paid taxes, I paid self employment taxes(ssi taxes) I was in an auto accident and can no longer work, I am collecting ssdi and I am darn proud of it, I paid into it, I deserve it, people who dont pay into it dont deserve it, ilegal imigrants have no business collecting anything from a state or our federal government, the only thing they deserve is a ticket back to their country of origin!

And Im sick of people collecting wellfare all of their live's and teaching their children to do the same thing!  most of them have never worked a tax payiing job in their life!  None of the ilegals have!  they only cost us money via hospitals, prisons, schools, wellfare, etc!  And they send most of their money home, so they dont even pay taxes spending money!

I honestly cant tell you how proud of myself I am that you blocked me!  :butt2:

I was self employed most of my adult life, I paid taxes, I paid self employment taxes(ssi taxes) I was in an auto accident and can no longer work, I am collecting ssdi and I am darn proud of it, I paid into it, I deserve it, people who dont pay into it dont deserve it, ilegal imigrants have no business collecting anything from a state or our federal government, the only thing they deserve is a ticket back to their country of origin!

And Im sick of people collecting wellfare all of their live's and teaching their children to do the same thing!  most of them have never worked a tax payiing job in their life!  None of the ilegals have!  they only cost us money via hospitals, prisons, schools, wellfare, etc!  And they send most of their money home, so they dont even pay taxes spending money!

I honestly cant tell you how proud of myself I am that you blocked me!  :butt2:

you never get to the point, tell us how you really feel already man :P    phaq's morning= :cold::cigar::gym:  :judge:  :kfu:  :bong2:  :drinking-coffee:  :fpc: 

So I finally heard back from Karen O'Keefe in regards to caregivers being connected to patients. She said that she does not recall, but believes they had envisioned caregivers only transferring cannabis to the five patients designated to them. She also stated that they supported expanding the law to regulate dispensaries, and was disappointed by the bills falling short (and recently being hijacked with bad provisions).

Here was my original email,

Over the years there has been a lot of confusion as to the protections offered by the Michigan Medical Marijuana Act (MMMA). I am writing not to understand current interpretations of the law, but instead to better understand the original intent of the MMMA and ballot proposal. More specifically my question is in regards to non-connected, registered caregiver to registered patient transfers; were these intended to be legal?

The reasons for this are as follows,

1. The ballot proposal never mentioned caregivers having to be connected to patients. It simply stated that a registration system should exist and that registered caregivers could grow limited amounts for qualifying patients.

2. Section 4(j) allows out-of-state medical marijuana cards to have the same effect as in-state, and allows “a person to assist with a visiting qualifying patient's medical use of marihuana”. Therefore, 4(j) allows non-connected transfers to out-of-state patients, which is also relevant to in-state cards since they are given the same effect.

3. Section 4(b) provides protections and limitations for connected caregiver/patients.

4. Section 4(e): “A registered primary caregiver may receive compensation for costs associated with assisting a registered qualifying patient in the medical use of marihuana. Any such compensation shall not constitute the sale of controlled substances.”

a. Based upon the MSC ruling that section 4(b) already includes sales and compensation via ‘transfer’ (Michigan v McQueen), statutory interpretation requires that 4(e) cannot be interpreted the same; as 4(b) also protects against any controlled substance violations.

b. Section 4(e) must therefore be given its own effect. The section intentional excludes any mention of being connected, unlike section 4(b)’s “to whom he or she is connected” and provides more limited protections.

c.  Furthermore, since the only activity being considered here is the transfer of medical marijuana for compensation between any (‘a’) registered caregiver and any (‘a’) registered patient for the patient's medical use, such activity should not constitute the sale of a controlled substance; i.e. no laws would be violated.

With these aspects in mind, I find it difficult to believe that the MMMA did not intend for non-connected, registered caregiver/patient transfers. I'm hoping that you can offer some insight.

I wouldn’t say too much insight was provided lol, but that is what she seems to be saying in terms of their intent.

I have difficulty accepting it is that simple however, because the law clearly allows someone not connected to an out-of-state patient to assist them with the medical use of marijuana (4j). This assistance includes acquisition, possession, cultivation, manufacture, use, internal possession, delivery, transfer, or transportation.

I also still think the MSC screwed up in McQueen, but they based their opinion on a poor interpretation of section 4d rather than the implications of including  ‘compensation’ and ‘sales’ in 4b. They ultimately made 4e redundant and thus went against standard statutory interpretation rules. It’s disappointing when our top courts can’t base their decisions on the standard rules of law, but instead create kangaroo courts.

I will agree with you that the law was not written great.  It leaves gaps of coverage. I will agree that the Michigan courts are dominated by conservative justices with no interest of defaulting to patient protections. But, this just the way it was and is for a long time to come.

Sorry alphabob. I would have written the law much better, but it wasn't  my money. When I have 1.5 million buckos I guess i get to write the law.  Until then, do not expect the legislature or the courts to be fair.