Guns And Mmm Patients

If you are concerned about the feds and your personal medical business, your concern is misplaced. Under this legal theory, it is unsafe for patients or their caregivers to grow or possess medical marijuana. Is that your advice to folks?

I am concerned for those caught using their cannabis while shooting guns is all.

You shouldn't be taking your medications and hunting at the same time. 

I'm sure that well over half of the hunters out there take some sort of medication. 

They say that allergy medicine can make you impaired. So don't take it? Or do you learn to take it responsibly. We all should know the answer to this. We shouldn't have to teach it here where everyone should already know it. But hey, we can do remedial stuff for you. 

full circle?

do you believe that  "taking your meds and hunting at the same time is not a good idea at least from a law office standpoint of advising patients on ways to avoid court costs?

It's wrong from a human rights stand point for sure. And the Act says that we shouldn't have our privileges taken away on just a technicality. 

I am concerned for those caught using their cannabis while shooting guns is all.

Who? 

I don't think it is a good idea to put oneself in a position where a forest ranger or some other type of cop is going to walk up on you while you are smoking a joint and carrying a rifle, as you may be tested, hassled, etc (because of the baseless prejudices we are speaking of on this thread), but I do not think that medicating prior to hunting is a real issue for patients at all.

Because we test positive all the time even if we are not under the influence and can prove that. 

If you are concerned about the feds and your personal medical business, your concern is misplaced. Under this legal theory, it is unsafe for patients or their caregivers to grow or possess medical marijuana. Is that your advice to folks?

thats my advice. no marijuana = cant be charged for marijuana crimes.

dont use/grow til its legal.

i'd like someone to make a list of all the marijuana crimes a patient is violating, both state and federal. e.g. manf, possess, driving around, possess firearm, working at a job, maybe buying from someone else. internal possession while driving through a school zone, just those things.

We know that we test positive all the time if our condition was actually bad enough to get a rec for medical. 

So we know that we will test positive when we are not under the influence IMPAIRED.

So if you want to go along with testing positive proves that you are under the influence then you have decided to give away your rights under false pretenses. 

We can form two lines here. Get in one or the other. It's that simple. But don't threaten to punch me in the face or beat me up because I didn't get in your line. And don't say your opinion is fact and mine is BS. Because my opinion lands squarely in the right because our human rights should not be falsely taken away. Stay in your line if you want to be left along at home, not driving or hunting. And the people in my line will continue to push for our basic human rights, drive and hunt all we want to when we know we are not impaired. It's your choice. 

thats my advice. no marijuana = cant be charged for marijuana crimes.

dont use/grow til its legal.

i'd like someone to make a list of all the marijuana crimes a patient is violating, both state and federal. e.g. manf, possess, driving around, possess firearm, working at a job, maybe buying from someone else. internal possession while driving through a school zone, just those things.

They are really good at messing us up. Like they did with your petition drive. Have you given up? You quit until they decide to let you out from under their thumb someday? You are still here posting. You must not have quit. 

Im not saying what abomb said was ok, I also dont like to see people get banned from the site (specialy me lol) a small vac may be in order but no a full out bann!

I have never read where abomb did something like what was done in this thread, I know I have personaly attacked a few with my words and even tried to get them to come to me so I could take out my frustrations on them,,,,,,,Im sure if some one took me up on it we would be friends at this time, we most def would have burned one to get our sick body's ready for a throw down lol,  but once our meds kicked in Im sure we would have put our difference's aside!

I know the site cant allow certain things, I dont know if abomb has been put on vac on here before or not, I do know he appoligized to me in pm after he said what he said,,,,,Im not saying it was right!.........we all make mistakes and have bad days,  most of us dont work, we have very little cash, and along with disability's comes depression!  I truly beleive abomb had a bad day!  Im pos he didnt expect this thread to blow up the way it did!  He made a thread saying he dont think people should use mm and guns at the same time,,,,,,,,,That is his beleif, are we not allowed our own beleif's?

I would like to see abomb back on the threads, I have never seen him do something like he did here, he has been a member here for along time,,,,,,I beleive we should all get a 2nd chance maybe a 3rd 4th and 5th, (i was banned for life many times lol)  this thread is still going, the person that started it is not able to appoligize or at the very least acknowledge his words could have been used differently as to not make personal threats!

I find myself agreeing with both sides on some of the arguements in here, im doing all I can to not like both sides of the argument!

This is a site for people to learn about our law, how to grow, and what ever other questions they may have for some of us who have been pt's from the beginning!

once again im not condoning personal attacks on the site, I would like to see abomb allowed back, like I said Im unaware of any other kind of behaviour like this that he has done,,,,,,,,,I know I wake up mad at the world some times!

Peace

Im not saying what abomb said was ok, I also dont like to see people get banned from the site (specialy me lol) a small vac may be in order but no a full out bann!

I have never read where abomb did something like what was done in this thread, I know I have personaly attacked a few with my words and even tried to get them to come to me so I could take out my frustrations on them,,,,,,,Im sure if some one took me up on it we would be friends at this time, we most def would have burned one to get our sick body's ready for a throw down lol,  but once our meds kicked in Im sure we would have put our difference's aside!

I know the site cant allow certain things, I dont know if abomb has been put on vac on here before or not, I do know he appoligized to me in pm after he said what he said,,,,,Im not saying it was right!.........we all make mistakes and have bad days,  most of us dont work, we have very little cash, and along with disability's comes depression!  I truly beleive abomb had a bad day!  Im pos he didnt expect this thread to blow up the way it did!  He made a thread saying he dont think people should use mm and guns at the same time,,,,,,,,,That is his beleif, are we not allowed our own beleif's?

I would like to see abomb back on the threads, I have never seen him do something like he did here, he has been a member here for along time,,,,,,I beleive we should all get a 2nd chance maybe a 3rd 4th and 5th, (i was banned for life many times lol)  this thread is still going, the person that started it is not able to appoligize or at the very least acknowledge his words could have been used differently as to not make personal threats!

I find myself agreeing with both sides on some of the arguements in here, im doing all I can to not like both sides of the argument!

This is a site for people to learn about our law, how to grow, and what ever other questions they may have for some of us who have been pt's from the beginning!

once again im not condoning personal attacks on the site, I would like to see abomb allowed back, like I said Im unaware of any other kind of behaviour like this that he has done,,,,,,,,,I know I wake up mad at the world some times!

Peace

That's the deal. I said we had differing opinions and he said his was FACT. Then threatened with physical violence to change my opinion. We could have lived in our different lines. Him staying home and me driving and shooting. But he wouldn't let me go and live it my way with my opinion. You have made the point against his attitude, not for it. 

You know resto, I'm pretty sure that's the same sort of justification that drunks and alcoholics used for themselves. Maybe if they're in a bit of a stupor they should adjust their beer dosage before hunting, eh? But hey man, I'm sure double standards are just a passing fad, am I right? 

Phaq you may have read a little too much into it-go smoke another one and chill before hopping onto some trolls D.

Ha, I didn't think you meant literally, but of course you should not actually be smoking while shooting. That is plain stupid, and has nothing to do with marijuana itself.

So should you be able to smoke a cigarette while shooting?  I guess i just really don't understand what you are saying.  What about being impaired by mj, you aren't answering the direct question.  So people shouldn't be judged just by MJ but by impairment, we agree. If you can smoke a cigarette and shoot or a joint and shoot, as long as your not impaired then we are on the same page.  but I don't think you should be able to shoot at a public outdoor or indoor range if you are impaired on anything.  Maybe people didn't understand the context and that's where things got misunderstood.

There is a double standard, yes. Because the standards for alcohol and cannabis are different according to law and science, as they should be.

No they shouldn't be, it's about impairment, every drug is different, and alcoholics can drive well on a higher BAL then someone on their first drink, the whole system is screwy.  Every person IS different, in MJ, alcohol, opiates, there are classes of metabolism and reactions to each drug out there.  Your problem is in thinking the alcohol levels are some standard in the first place.

Probably because this site doesn't represent alcoholics or patients or dispensaries or testing, etc.etc.

Edited by Norby

Peace

Man you have changed so much since I first came here, very good words my friend.  You are a great guy!

That's the deal. I said we had differing opinions and he said his was FACT. Then threatened with physical violence to change my opinion. We could have lived in our different lines. Him staying home and me driving and shooting. But he wouldn't let me go and live it my way with my opinion. You have made the point against his attitude, not for it. 

I wasnt trying to make a good or bad point, I was only pointing out that people with disability's wind up with some type of depression!

I make mistakes, im far from perfect,  I have my beleif's and am sure alot of people might not agree with mine, it dont mean Im right or wrong or that any one else is!

I dont know if this was abomb first attack or not!  I usualy wind up forgiving and forgetting most of the nasty arguments I have had in here!

Peace

Everyone here only answers the things they want and ignore the questions they don't have answers for(denial).  I don't have time for this.  It really doesn't mean ANYTHING anyway, we can't do shiit with what we say on this board.  Has this board ever unified behind ANYTHING? Keep the dillusion going if it helps you though.  Banging my head off a wall hurts though, and I don't think I'll keep those bad ruts in my life.  have a nice day all.  Dig in those heels it's going to be a long one! 

To me this Should be a safe place for patients to discuss things, not a pllace guarded of thoughts so that politicians don't get any ideas. Not a place that's against dispensaries because that is against some patients(divide and conquer, are you in on it?), not an answer(exact opposite) of the police unions).

Might as well not reply to me I'm not reading anything anymore(since no one answers my questions why should i pay attention to what you are saying), just coming into the room to speak my mind.

And this is DEFINITELY not a place where an administrator compares a patient and caregiver to Bill Shuette.  What patients are you guarding?

If you think your posts here are meaningless, why post? I don't think your posts are meaningless, I am just wondering your motivation under that belief.

Truth and getting people together, maybe someday I'll understand enough to get it right, to say the right things to make people understad this is all fluff, never a reason to get feathers ruffled, or kick someone out for an idea no matter how close they hold it), we CAN NOT accomplish anything alone, but together......, anything is possible.  In a conversation you try to find out WHAT IS(meaning no one thinks they are "right over another(dromans fault possibly if it's true what resto said) right, in an argument it's to BE right.  If what resto says is true for him, might not be true for another and there has to be laws for basics, not on your property and not in your home but to think that you have to fight as there is NOTHING bad that can come of MJ is insane.  I was "addicted" as I was running away from blame in my life and MJ got me thru but it also held me back and let my stomach get a lot worse, my fault, not entirely but mostly.  To say no one can talk about that and tehre is no MJ addiction is not right, maybe for you there isn't but you have to realize there is way more out there than any of us understand.  I would never give power to an org because they have beliefs, not ideas.  Beliefs are dangerous.  I now see this place is what's good for patients?  Mission statement: whatever we say is good for them because we know law and how it's played so listen to us. 

Not saying it doesn't do great things, it's helped me tremendously.  But I can't be all in because it's fixed in it's belief, by admin stadards at least, and that's not me.  I'm still learning.  And so should an org, not just play a law/political game.

They are really good at messing us up. Like they did with your petition drive. Have you given up? You quit until they decide to let you out from under their thumb someday? You are still here posting. You must not have quit.

petition drive ain't dead yet, I've been bugging those milegalize guys non stop. now they are following my advice. expect some news soon...

My wife taught me, when you want to tell someone something, think of why they should or shouldn't do it that way and ask them what isf this happens or what if this scenerio.  Maybe they found an answer to why you think they should do what they want to or think the way they want.  But you guys don't seem to have answer, you justify or skip it.  So now I have to find other ways to further converse instead of argue.  eventually I'll give up though and just have a great time with y'all at events.  I don't like conflict anymore, I'm tired and there is tooo much yet I have to do in this life.

If you think your posts here are meaningless, why post? I don't think your posts are meaningless, I am just wondering your motivation under that belief.

See your good at it.  If someone attacks you ask questions till they tire themselves out.  But not answering my questions and picking and choosing what you answer and ask, I'm done with it.

Can't wait to see you in a few weeks, things are so much easier in person.  Every statement needs another paragraph of explanation here since people are so touchy and explanations are hard without context and arm movements and diagrams.  Not my circus, not my monkeys. This isn't fun and I have things to do, hope you guys work things out.

My opinion(just an opinion) if your within the limits set forth by the mmma, then it would make sense to say that your not in possesion of an illegal drug, or commiting an illegal drug crime, thus nullifying any felony fire arms possesion set forth, since if they cant give you a drug charge, then they cant give you gun charge related to illegal drugs correct? This wouldnt apply to people caught with more plants or usable meds on hand than should be, so no section 8 defense.

That is not going on here. It is a fight that there is nothing inherent in medical marijuana use that is bad. I.e. no penalty for use of marijuana, subject to the limitations of sections 4 and 7, and the defense of section 8. It is not nearly as far-reaching as you state. You may think we are discussing the edge cases now, but we are right at the meat of constitutional protections for patients and their caregivers. It is way more important than you are giving credit.

So, what I'm hearing is that something posted here could affect that?  I think you are giving posts here more weight towards some kind of political decision than is the actual truth.  If that is the case then what can I post to make a difference in the decision, please do tell.  I didn't think pushing keys on a keyboard had so much weight.  Maybe I'm missing something?

And to copy and paste one thing out of context because you have no other answers for any of my other questions is very telling.  You can admit that you don't know everything, it's ok.  But what you are doing is just trying to prove you are right(argument) and you don't want to look at it any further, so I'll stop beating my head against a wall now it's starting to hurt.

See you soon Zap, your a great man.