Guns And Mmm Patients

Norby, I am sorry to see that you are frustrated with the board.  You make some great points.

On the other hand, perhaps your expectations are too high.  While all of us are capable of thoughtful and supportive posts, to expect such posts is not very realistic on your part.  Many folks check in periodically looking for cannabis news and do not personally follow other posters.  You may have stated your personal issues publicly here, but to expect people to 'know you', is again, expecting too much, imo.

I post on another board, a sports board, and started a cannabis thread.  By and large, I am despised on that board.  Anything I post in any other thread is immediately met with statements like, 'Stoners have brain damage.  Stick to your weed thread, idiot.'   Do those statements bother me?  Not anymore because I have put about 5 posters on 'Ignore'.  I never respond to these azzholes anymore.  If I am curious, I can read the post but if I am not in the right frame of mind for their crap, I don't read it.

So, I feel bad that your feelings have been hurt by postings.  I seriously do Norb.  You seem like a nice guy...genuine.  The truth is though, you can't let certain posters ruin your experience here.  You are expecting too much to expect everyone to be supportive.  In fact, on the internet, you need to expect that some people will try to push your buttons.  I am not saying that is right but it is what it is. 

Go sit on the back porch, smoke a little and see if you can see my point.  Come back soon.

Norby, I am sorry to see that you are frustrated with the board.  You make some great points.

On the other hand, perhaps your expectations are too high.  While all of us are capable of thoughtful and supportive posts, to expect such posts is not very realistic on your part.  Many folks check in periodically looking for cannabis news and do not personally follow other posters.  You may have stated your personal issues publicly here, but to expect people to 'know you', is again, expecting too much, imo.

I post on another board, a sports board, and started a cannabis thread.  By and large, I am despised on that board.  Anything I post in any other thread is immediately met with statements like, 'Stoners have brain damage.  Stick to your weed thread, idiot.'   Do those statements bother me?  Not anymore because I have put about 5 posters on 'Ignore'.  I never respond to these azzholes anymore.  If I am curious, I can read the post but if I am not in the right frame of mind for their crap, I don't read it.

So, I feel bad that your feelings have been hurt by postings.  I seriously do Norb.  You seem like a nice guy...genuine.  The truth is though, you can't let certain posters ruin your experience here.  You are expecting too much to expect everyone to be supportive.  In fact, on the internet, you need to expect that some people will try to push your buttons.  I am not saying that is right but it is what it is. 

Go sit on the back porch, smoke a little and see if you can see my point.  Come back soon.

This bolded part is de humanization. That's where the trouble starts. Once a person or group is reduced like that then the radicals will come in and think it is alright to use normally unthinkable means to destroy who they hate. Like smashing their faces in until they take their last breaths. 

Your right, but if people helped they wouldn't have failed.

Sorry, I won't be able to hang at the MMMA booth at the country fair or hang at the campgrounds

We the People are Winning and will continue to win without you or me.

We are a Medical State, We dont want any greedy recreational monopolies

You and your lousy legal lies. Lost

If you want unity Abrogate is the model. Nothing else will pass and anything the fcknjudicial comes up with will be ignored.

Free the Weed

Edited by beourbud

To bring this back on topic though, Look how canna users can work thru issues without violence or the threat of.

It's the antis that do not have the capacity to resolve their issues without violence or threats.

If there is a justification for owning a firearm for protection, it's to protect us from the tobacco smoking/chewing, beer/alcohol drinking, pill popping gun nuts.

Let's give Peace a Chance

I try to love my neighbor at least one a day. Love, pass it on.

Edited by beourbud

I don't expect anything, I have aspergers.  I am very smart but unless social rules are spelled out for me I don't know how to act. I don't get the simple things in social interaction. Make fun of it, my wife does.  I'm just trying to find my group and get along in the world, I see things from lots of different perspectives and it's confusing, tell me when I'm getting a little aspy. 

This new info kinda makes me have to look at things in a new way.  I'm not going to recluse from the world again but I need help in figuring out this new situation.  I just don't get it when people don't want me around, my interaction is basically thru exchange of information, I call it a blind spot and I have lots of them.  I don't know how better to explain it.  This is me?  I see a view and I try and present a different view, it makes things confusing but I do that to make decisions and I can't not be me.  I've had to bow to how others see things my whole life but few try and look at things from a different perspective than their own.  I need to feel safe to be able to present my view.  I'm sorry I can't follow a template and suppress my questions I have for myself to figure how to act.  It's my nature to try and have people see things from the other side, I feel sometimes there is no answer and I explore that.  If I rock the boat too much from the programmed template of interaction here let me know.  I don't know what else to say. If I don't fit, let me know I'm quite fine moving from group to group, I've done it my whole life.  I don;t have "friends" I have activities partners.  It's  different way of living caused by neanderthal DNA which was inbred for 100,000 years before they interbred with Homo Sapiens, it's a much deeper, non social programming. I feel better with animals than humans and I just lost my dog this week and need distraction, that's why I'm here and have my panties in a bunch.  So that's me.  Neanderthals lived in small groups and they had to stick together no matter what happened, they had to rely on themselves a lot.  I'm programmed to want to keep teh group together.  If it falls apart I leave it's just how I'm programmed.  I don't know how else to explain it.

Adn I'm completely fine with who I am now that I understand why I am like I am.  Just trying to get thru with this new info and get better at being out in the world. 

And i should add I have lifelong friends who love to be around me, I don't want anyone feeling sorry for me.  I'd rather get the ques and be around people who enjoy who I am.  I have friends all over the country that are muslim, gay/lesbian, redneck, hippie, gun nuts, anti gun nuts, christian conservative, cops, liberal, corporate, drs. scientists, etc.etc.   But I don't keep in touch but could go there tomorrow and not miss a beat because they know me and I've been around them long enough to know how to take things.  I'd help any one of you on the street whether I knew who you were or not, or whether we argued or see eye to eye or fought day in and out. I don't "fit in" in this world because I was meant to change it and I take that seriously.  I'd rather not waste my time if I'm not getting it and don't fit in.  but no one answers my questions, they just pick one and try to tear that apart to take focus away from teh hard questions I ask, which is not good for eaither of us since there is another way.  But if you say I shouldn't do something I'm going to ask why and continue questioning until i fully understand it.  that's why my wife won't let me take free classes with any of her collegues.  Cause I'm a pain in the donkey if i don't get it.

Edited by Norby

Fun read.

Norby... Totally gained respect points. I ran out of likes but would'v hit u up on another couple of posts. Id have to put u in the category of decent, reasonable, and perfectly cool dude.

Grass... Thanks for keeping the frog, i was way confused for a minute.

Phaq... Made me laugh out loud w the deer 'come'. Upload the extraction process to youtube please...?

Dro... Assuming ur ip wasnt blocked... I totally get your point about some people needing/deserving a beat down, without passing any personal judgement re resto's qualifications... That's not my bone to pick. But in principle, yes totally agree w u dro. Look, if someone fuks ur wife... He deserves to get his dik knocked into the ground. If someone steals from u... Deserves for u to find out and make a point. If someone lies about u... Deserves a punch to face. If someone rapes ur kid... Probably deserves a bit more in truth.

There used to be a day where if a person acted out of line, it was the correct thing (the responsible thing) to step in a put him back in place. Like if a guy is beating on a girl in front of you... It was perfectly respectable to intervene and help out, up to and including knocking his dik into the dirt. Not all acts of violence are inappropriate, and sometimes it is warranted and even beneficial... Yes, a guy will learn a thing or two after beat down. Now a days, you would get charged w a crime, and if u had any money, sued by girl beater, and he would win. A lot is wrong w that.

There was clearly a point in all of that, and w what dro was suggesting, in principle, is perfectly fine. It wasnt out of line, it wasnt over the top, it wasnt backwards. And to suggest anyone should have actually been afraid of him irl... That is just twisting the reality to suit an agenda. It was very clear to me that he wasnt actually suggesting that he would actively seek out resto and do him physical harm, in reality. Maybe if they did meet, and resto really stepped over a line, then whack... But i would wager resto would've needed to further draw that out. Point is... He wasnt going columbine on anyone, and that was very clear. He was quite lucid in his thinking imo, re his critiques, he knew what his gripes were... He wasnt crazy w rage, lol. Come on, keep it real here.

I disagree w him re the absolute line of where and when to smoke, but that is perfectly fine, and shouldnt b a reason to belittle his points/opinions, or to outright ban a guy for expressing perfectly reasonable thoughts... Just because u disagree. That's how it all read to me at least. His personal line is not where mine is, okay, i can respect that, and would likely feel perfectly safe around him w his guns, even if he crossed that line and smoked. I do not expect for him to ever go nuts on me, unless maybe i stepped out of line... C how that works? In a simpler time...

Fun read though.

Fun read.

Norby... Totally gained respect points. I ran out of likes but would'v hit u up on another couple of posts. Id have to put u in the category of decent, reasonable, and perfectly cool dude.

Grass... Thanks for keeping the frog, i was way confused for a minute.

Phaq... Made me laugh out loud w the deer 'come'. Upload the extraction process to youtube please...?

Dro... Assuming ur ip wasnt blocked... I totally get your point about some people needing/deserving a beat down, without passing any personal judgement re resto's qualifications... That's not my bone to pick. But in principle, yes totally agree w u dro. Look, if someone fuks ur wife... He deserves to get his dik knocked into the ground. If someone steals from u... Deserves for u to find out and make a point. If someone lies about u... Deserves a punch to face. If someone rapes ur kid... Probably deserves a bit more in truth.

There used to be a day where if a person acted out of line, it was the correct thing (the responsible thing) to step in a put him back in place. Like if a guy is beating on a girl in front of you... It was perfectly respectable to intervene and help out, up to and including knocking his dik into the dirt. Not all acts of violence are inappropriate, and sometimes it is warranted and even beneficial... Yes, a guy will learn a thing or two after beat down. Now a days, you would get charged w a crime, and if u had any money, sued by girl beater, and he would win. A lot is wrong w that.

There was clearly a point in all of that, and w what dro was suggesting, in principle, is perfectly fine. It wasnt out of line, it wasnt over the top, it wasnt backwards. And to suggest anyone should have actually been afraid of him irl... That is just twisting the reality to suit an agenda. It was very clear to me that he wasnt actually suggesting that he would actively seek out resto and do him physical harm, in reality. Maybe if they did meet, and resto really stepped over a line, then whack... But i would wager resto would've needed to further draw that out. Point is... He wasnt going columbine on anyone, and that was very clear. He was quite lucid in his thinking imo, re his critiques, he knew what his gripes were... He wasnt crazy w rage, lol. Come on, keep it real here.

I disagree w him re the absolute line of where and when to smoke, but that is perfectly fine, and shouldnt b a reason to belittle his points/opinions, or to outright ban a guy for expressing perfectly reasonable thoughts... Just because u disagree. That's how it all read to me at least. His personal line is not where mine is, okay, i can respect that, and would likely feel perfectly safe around him w his guns, even if he crossed that line and smoked. I do not expect for him to ever go nuts on me, unless maybe i stepped out of line... C how that works? In a simpler time...

Fun read though.

Indigro !!

good to see you. I liked your post but dont like the like limits :P

Someone would have to assure me that he was incapable of violence. But he has already tried his best to assure me he is capable of violence. Not sure why you'd hope to have him back, do you know him personally?

Yes, I have met him 5 times, more than any other person on the board, 1 of the 2 "friends" I've made since I got here.  Capable of violence, not against me.  Someone threatening his family, someone who compares him to the fla shooter and a woman who killed her baby?  I'd personally feel sorry for someone who said stuff like that to me because htey are obviously so affected that they'd think of that.  I don't "know" anythiing all I know is that someone mustve done something to illicit such a response.  Or droman is hurting.  Most people I've seen say stuff like that in teh internet are the same people who I scheduled a fight with in high school only to hug and say we're sorry got a lot on my mind.  I actually want to apologize to a guy from high school because I now see I can be taken as a wise donkey and I got him mad enough to punch me in the face, but I later found out his father was dying and he was just lashing out.  I don't know but I stick up for my friends since I never got them to feel that way about me.  So I don't know, was Phaq capable, did u guys know him back then?  or just give time outs?  I don't know.  I wouldn't want to come back though being compared to Shuette and the fla shooter.  That would make me realize I'm not wanted.  When people say I don't fit in and should go back to NY I don't know if they are lashing out because they don't like an idea?  i don't see how someone could make that decision from words on a screen so.....  I stay, because some seem to like my ideas.  It's hard for me to know how to take things.  It's hard for me to know what his priorities are on being here. So basically I have no answers only ideas, and i'm not sure which is right, I'd need more info.

And to clarify I'm not hurt, maybe I was back then, when I didn't understand and heard it often but I imagine what it would be like for someone else to be met that way.  Words on a screen will never "hurt" me unless I don't understand them.  Then I obsess to understand but there are always too many possibilities so I never take it personally.  I just don't want to punish people with my ideas if their heels are dug in, does me or them NO good at all.  i like to have fun not torture people.  But it's hard to tell if I'm helping.

But everyone can see the threat of physical harm as bad, I'm just trying to understand why no one sees the pushing buttons up to the edge and comparing people to the fla shooter as bad.  Just trying to understand, don't feel bad for me, I'm healed. I do see your point as stated, my point was the other questions.

And I have 3 people blocked here to preserve the peace and do the same thing.  Just wondering if it's worth it.

Edited by Norby

if you can help just a person or two with your presence then its worth it Norby.

I've paid close attention to your cannabis pairings and results. I trust your cannabis

reviews and look forward to your project fruits.

To better understand the forum I've accepted that some things cant be discussed in the open.

Its not always the way it is that matters, but the way its portrayed that matters. What is and

what should be are causes of disruption issues. Speaking opinions concerning what is may seem to readers

as written in stone, when it might not be. Talking about what should be seems to be,  or the way it could be, or the way you want it to be--.. thats the rah rah,-- not posting about what is. 

One issue I find with this type of direction is the groups doing the direction must be totally trusted to follow. While ideals may be sound and agreeable the messengers can ruin the chance of acceptance of a particular ideal. If a handful of posters decide what is and what should be, squash any other opinion with zeal, to the point of calling out others as anti's, dea, cops, dispensary owners, leo etc, only keeps other valuable posters from expressing, in an attempt to avoid being attacked by a poster for a differing view.  That gets you here.

what we end up with is the ideals of a few posters, jogged back and forth, with no room for outsider opinion, speak louder and more often to get the point cemented,  works better in a living room than  a world accessible public website imo. When others  disagree with the groups' opinions, and  fear  being called a LEO in a cannabis forum, they likely wont post much, as we see. The few that wish to participate, possibly for higher learning and understanding, or just arguments' sake are holed up until they go with the herd,....you remember your sophomoric years right.?.... 

Luckily there are new posters often. Unaware of the politics they feel free to offer their take without fears.  During those times others get a moment to regroup.  Hang in there, your moment is approaching again soon!  Its easy maybe, if you agree with the mission of the forum/thread continue to support it, if not, dont.

have a great day Norby!

Zap... You have got to admit that the group jumped on dro pretty quickly w his opinion, which granted, he did assert w/o much compromise. Okay, granted he put himself into a position that most of us (including me) disagree w the absolutism thereof, but it is his belief, and he acts accordingly in his life, and disagrees w others on the point. That is all true, and very obvious insofar as the 'context' of his following comments.

On that point, the comments of aggression... Pretty much any person that finds themselves committed to a position, and has a group of others attacking that position, they dig in further... Become more adamant, set in deeper, and become hostile(ish) in their response. We have all done it, and will do it again. It is a basic human response we all share, whether or not we want to acknowledge this. He had a very predictable response.

On that last point, the obvious nature of his comments... It wasnt a truly sincere intention of action. There isnt a day that i go out into public and think to myself, 'that mf is such a fukn idiot, he deserves to be removed from the face of the planet'... Or something of the like. I am faced daily w the absurd behavior by my fellow humans, and there is a lot of human behavior we all disagree w. I may think, or even voice, my discontent w them, and even do it in a heated and agressive manner (depending upon the topic and how much it effects me). I may even feel rage and hate at a particular idiot, but it doesnt go to action, in a physical sense of a beat down. But if you get me to talk about it, or express my inner thoughts on the person... Some scary things will get spoken. Doesnt ever mean it will happen in reality though. We all do this, all of us feel those things, bit it rarely ever becomes a reality. Dro simply expressed his inner thoughts outwardly, while in the context of being attacked... the same thoughts we all secretly have. Even expressly non-violent people (deep down and secretly) have feelings of anger and rage.

But you say dro self-admitted he was a violent person... BS. He was at that point of being fully dug in, and people tend to take the next step and even more agressively defend the stupid things they previously stated to orginally defend the first position that started the whole thing. So yeah, you boxed him into the position of doubling down on his previously expressed thought of bashing a guys head in... So he acknowledged that yeah, he 'is a violent person'.

It was obvious what was going down, the whole event... Just basic schoolyard crap that we have all been through, and continues to happen in adult life just the same. Obvious, and super easy to c... Assuming u werent directly involved and heated up w some internal (and hidden/secret) anger and rage yourself. All of it, both sides, each player... All of it, super easy to see.

The point has moved on to something more relevant, and more real, than dro and his interaction w resto... Something that matters to the extended community... Banning people for super silly small chit like expressing themselves where things get heated. And especially when the mods take a side and actively contribute to the hostility. You played a role in the stir up, you really did. You are also so invested that you arent seeing things like the rest of us that came into it late. You'r jaded in your interpretation of dro's behaviors and intention. And now you r trying to create this false moral high ground where dro stepped way out of line and is a feloniously violent person... Where that is the real reason he was banned. BS. You are playing into resto's position that he was somehow 'harmed' and is in real fear based on the supid little exchange they shared. BS. Resto isnt in any danger, and hamming up such an argument just isnt believable. You are not seeing things clearly.

I guess the only reason i care to comment is that iv seen very similar behavior here already, and i no longer consider you to be truly neutral in these situations of banning and excluding and censoring other people, especially since they disagree w u on certain points. Iv even seen it get downright petty and mean, on ur part along w the other actors. This is how it comes off to the rest of us, those not so directly involved.

Its odd, because after you shut down dro... There were a few good posts here and there that could have opened up the conversation to some of the deeper issues just there, just out of reach from superficial discourse... We coupd have exposed much more, if moderated in a certain fashion that would take a seemingly bad situation and turning it good. But then the ban hammer comes down, along w some insincere claim to justify, and issues get unexplored, mutual understanding fails, and further alienation results.

Belive it or not, my criticism isnt intended as an attack, but i only really care to improve the situation is all. 2cents, and a pocket lint ball.

It wasn't about choosing sides or freedom of speech or expression, he said he wanted to sit on his chest & hammer fist him to death, that's a clear threat regardless of why it was said or how he was feeling, it was a clear threat, totally against the rules of the forum so he had to go, that's it, even I can see that. So how bout let's all take a quick break, medicate in your favorite way, & come back & talk about mmj & guns. Peace

High, jjmah... Yes, i totally agree in that i myself havent ever REALLY wanted to actually KILL someone, but sure as heck iv spoken and thought the words? In all honesty to yourself, haven't the both of u done the same? Doesnt everyone? He just typed those words to make a point, and yeah, maybe it isnt such a good idea to do, but it wasnt any real intent to actually really do it.

A little detachment and common sense in the matter is all im trying to bring out. He was just doing what any other person does w attacked/threatened, but just chose to express the feelings/thoughts is all. The whole thing could have been easily de-escalated, just like the cops could easily do the same if they chose to. It could have been handled differently w just the slightest of effort, and bet he would have ended up publicly apologizing through further posting if it was better directed.

And zap... Yes there were some great posts... I particularly agreed w norby's concerns, of which the main points seemed to have been dismissed, hence my taking the effort to try. Again, im not here to screw w ya, not really. ;-). Overall, i think u do a good job in a very tough position. But yeah man, he could have been saved vs cast into oblivion. And this place, imo, needs a larger, more active community of regulat posters. Again, u r in a tough spot overall, so dont get me too wrong w reading this.

You shouldn't be taking your medications and hunting at the same time. Handling firearms is best done in a clear state of mind, so lets avoid being a newspaper article/headline that ends up being used against the movement in the future, k?

back on topic

Agreed AbominableDro-Man !

more words of wisdom shared by lots in the medical community.   Even if my job depended on it, like if I was a cop/lawyer/judge  I couldnt in good conscience suggest that using drugs while shooting guns is acceptable or even legal today. Stay safe, use common sense, avoid cops/lawyers and judges for best results

if you got a weapon and meds in the trunk im pretty sure your going to go to jail.."

thanks Willy, for keeping patients safe with common sense.

OP's post !!!!-------- "So I was inquiring about traveling with both, not hunting under the influence. I appreciate the concern though. I understand what one person can do to an entire idea and or movement."  (or thread even!) 

ah...clarification before the storm... thanks Hopewakefield420

lookee here!!   Turns out OP had  NO intention of smoking cannabis while in his deer blind after all!!!  smart guy I'd say, practicing common sense. Sorry your important thread was railroaded. could start another one?? 

So, this is a thread about guns and cannabis?  Hmmm

It seems a distinction should be made between strictly rec users looking for a head buzz versus medical use to treat a condition.  Personally, if I needed to hunt, I would need to take medicine to treat pain and muscle spasms or my groans alone would be enough to scare off any game...lol 

Is it OK today to take vicodins/norcos and flexerils and then go hunting?  If so, then I would think I should be able to take cannabis based medicine to treat these conditions.  If not, then probably cannabis medicine should not be used either.  (Note: not legal advice, just my opinion)

Anyone know whether those prescription drugs would be allowed while hunting?

So, this is a thread about guns and cannabis?  Hmmm

It seems a distinction should be made between strictly rec users looking for a head buzz versus medical use to treat a condition.  Personally, if I needed to hunt, I would need to take medicine to treat pain and muscle spasms or my groans alone would be enough to scare off any game...lol 

Is it OK today to take vicodins/norcos and flexerils and then go hunting?  If so, then I would think I should be able to take cannabis based medicine to treat these conditions.  If not, then probably cannabis medicine should not be used either.  (Note: not legal advice, just my opinion)

Anyone know whether those prescription drugs would be allowed while hunting?

Like I said, it's a complex topic that shouldn't be discussed by people who get emotional on the topic.  Anyone can buy a gun and anyone over 21 can buy beer, but you can't do both at the same time, as far as i know in any state(an open beer while shooting a gun, or be under the influence) and alcohol isn't even comparable to MJ.  But it's allowed to do both.  All droman was saying, because I'm level headed and agree, was not to go to ranges after cutting down a plant and blazing a whole blunt, or not hunt on public land and smoke a joint in your stand.  I took it the right way and agree and he didn't have to dig in.  If you want to discuss all the intracacies of public land, private gun ranges and your own private land, well, they are all different according to that broad statement.  Now someone who is defensive and angry would automatically think he meant you can't smoke on your own private property and use a gun or if you are always medicated you should never use a gun to protect  yourself.    So if people don't chill the fuk out and be specific without judgement( I mean we ARE ALL patients here who the MMMA mission statement says they want to protect. 

I won't leave and I was joking about the cannabis cup and attending the booth, but my time here is directly proportional to how the group gets along, I just don't need or want this divisive habitat.  I don't want to think everytime I come on here how we can't even support the same legalization effort even though the STATE was able to band together for us, it's embarassing. 

So thats my take on it.

So, you can take your prescription medicine, even controlled substances, as long as you are not visibly impaired?  Shouldn't the same allowance be given to users of cannabis based medicine?

YES!!!!! but visual impairment and reeking of pot at a range, well, some may not take it that well, just as they wouldn't be ok with someone walking in with a pistol in a valium daze or nodding off on opiates.  And that reflects on the whole community.  I make sure i am showered and no pot shirts on when I go to the range and if I saw someone glass eyed and smelling and obviously impaired, with a legalize it t shirt on, I'd not be happy.