Clare County Compassion Club

Herb Cannabis

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The organization is national, it does have patient involvement, the board is not only comprised of dispensary owners, and they do not solely exist to promote "their business model"

Why didn't you fix the mess around your local area before you went forward with language that only makes things worse for the home grower?

I know the 'problems' for the home growers in your area, the mess, makes you money. That is a matter of common sense.

So they have one guy that was from Colorado?, the dispensary owners are patients? and the board has their legal counsel on it besides the dispensary interests? and they are directly focused on pushing their business model(4271) now?

Seems very parsey.

Is this just your belief, or can you substantiate it?

It should also be recognized that directly following my post describing a prominent issue on these forums, a perfect example of the behavior ensued.

Heres there last 4 press releases i see on RedOrbit. Seems focused.

Michigan Supreme Court Medical Marijuana Ruling Reinforces Need For Definitive Dispensary Legislation

2013-02-13 16:26:36

DETROIT, Feb. 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The National Patients' Rights Association today said that the recent Michigan Supreme Court decision of People v. McQueen reinforces the desperate need for definitive laws related to medical marijuana provisioning centers in the state. "Never has the timing been more urgent to get a definitive law in place as it relates to medical marijuana provisioning centers," said National Patients' Rights Association spokesman Drew Driver. "The real...

National Patients' Rights Association Opposes House Bill 5681

2012-06-11 10:24:46

DETROIT, June 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The National Patients' Rights Association (NPRA)--a Michigan-based alliance of leading medical marijuana advocates working to protect patient rights--today announced opposition to a proposed administrative change to the public health code. House Bill 5681, introduced under the guise of helping ensure the quality and purity of medical marijuana, would essentially lead to the equivalent of a...

National Patients' Rights Association Analyzing Michigan House Bill 5580 And Will Make Formal Recommendations To Lansing

2012-05-16 06:27:36

DETROIT, May 16, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The National Patients' Rights Association (NPRA)--a Michigan-based alliance of leading medical marijuana advocates working to protect patient rights--today announced it is in the process of a thorough analysis of Michigan House Bill 5580 (creating new act for state and local regulation of marijuana dispensaries) and will provide formal recommendations and opinion in the coming weeks. Specifically, the NPRA is studying the HB 5580...

National Patients' Rights Association Seeks Input On Michigan Medical Marijuana Policy As It Relates To Dispensaries

2012-04-25 06:24:42

DETROIT, April 25, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The National Patients' Rights Association (NPRA) -- a Michigan-based coalition of leading medical marijuana advocates working to protect patient rights -- today announced it is seeking input from both members and all other interested parties to identify and discuss practical legislative framework that specifically addresses formally legalized medical marijuana dispensaries in the state of Michigan. According to the NPRA, more than three years...

Is this just your belief, or can you substantiate it?

It should also be recognized that directly following my post describing a prominent issue on these forums, a perfect example of the behavior ensued.

'These forums' are doing fine and making sure things are substantiated. So your perfect example is a perfect example of claims that are easily substantiated with published material.

Difficult to put a number on just how many Caregivers in Ypsi got boxed out by their competition... dispensaries and dispensary owner(s). Now CG's cannot provide for patients without a truckload of redtape. Somebody helped sell-out those CG's. Some of the same ppl will go on to further double-talk while being opportunistic Jezebels helping to 'swipe' all r buttz with stinky distribution bill.

"Butt we have the words Patient and Caregiver on our stationary".

Difficult to put a number on just how many Caregivers in Ypsi got boxed out by their competition... dispensaries and dispensary owner(s). Now CG's cannot provide for patients without a truckload of redtape. Somebody helped sell-out those CG's. Some of the same ppl will go on to further double-talk while being opportunistic Jezebels helping to 'swipe' all r buttz with stinky distribution bill.

"Butt we have the words Patient and Caregiver on our stationary".

Even if we can't totally pin Jamie down on helping with those ordinances that killed all the residential home growers. We can see that the language he promotes NOW makes a civil infraction of growing in your home, a criminal offense, so they can send in Johnny Law, and put you in jail for it.

Similar to your previous (false) premise about NPRA in this thread, that you were questioned on and chose to not respond to, your statement appears to be based on your personal image of NPRA, and not the reality of NPRA.

Athough, your statement is not grounded in fact, you present it as if it were. I assume that your intent is for people to read it as fact and to skew the image of others to help support your unsubstantiated assertions.

NPRA is a relatively new organization with national aspirations. They claim to have established at least a minor presence in 2-3 other

states, so far.

NPRA was initiated by dispensary operators, but the board consists of dispensary operators, patients activists, grow shop owner, financial experts and legal counsel.

I am not in NPRA, I was involved for a short time, and know many of the people in the organization.

The organization is currently concentrating on 4271 and increasing the chances of success for the bill in the legislature by working with a professional PR company and lobbying firm.

In general:

This approach of misinforming is a major issue for these forums and one that keeps getting expressed and, seemingly, ignored.

Perhaps, those participating ought to spend more time searching for and considering the truth rather than doing everything possible to support a particular theory, whether it holds weight or not.

Of course, in this case the problem could have been solved by simply stating that the things said are the author's opinion, instead of the author trying to present it as truthful information.

Imagine the possibility of more people wanting to engage in civil discussions and work together to vet through these serious issues and concerns, if misinformation and the systematic ganging up on those who may disagree, was not such a prevalent issue here.

Who other than the element banding together to force a calculated perspective, benefits from this?

Certainly not the community at large.

The moderators are not at fault. Although, making a concerted effort to distinguish opinion from fact, and calling out those who post similar statements as if they were definitive proofs, I think, would help shape things a bit and contribute to a more comfortable environment for others to participate in rational exchanges.

There is a great potential here, but the environment has to get to be considerably more inviting before it will ever to be realized.

what other states? Please provide links with proof?

Jamieuke, CPU is also national. But we have no activity in other states. I do not believe I posted any exaggeration. Please post it up and I will comment. Just because we do not wish to give dispensaries grow rights and unlimited ability to transfer between dispensaries does not make us all out against said dispensaries.

XXXX

By the way, you never answered my questions either.

XXXX

Edited by mibrains

Jamieuke, CPU is also national. But we have no activity in other states. I do not believe I posted any exaggeration. Please post it up and I will comment. Just because we do not wish to give dispensaries grow rights and unlimited ability to transfer between dispensaries does not make us all out against said dispensaries.

he is in a way of depenssary and maybe worried about leo coming to raid him cut him some slack

Edited by mibrains

Dispensary owners are deeply concerned their cash cow is on the line. Now they are desperate to push any new legislation through, along w compromising caregivers. Local home based CG's are of little, to no, use to them.

Wise words...

Dr. Bob

To add to that, classifieds that offer caregiver service here and other places are not being responded to in any measurable numbers. I argue that most patients have workable arrangements without needing dispensaries, there are loads of caregivers willing to help, and arguments that patients are being somehow violated without a retail option are hyperbole and just plain bullschit. Several caregivers here have mentioned that they cannot find patients.

Tell us please Jamie, how it is that dispensaries are necessary?

Edited by mibrains

You stated incorrect information about an organization as if it were fact. That is the issue, and it is indicative of an unfortunate culture that has evolved here. A prime example of the issues I raised have been being demonstrated ever since my post describing this issue. I could have used many examples in this thread alone, but since it was the second time you did it to the same organization- I used your post. You are certainly not the only guilty party.

Your vision of NPRA is not something that is merely a different way of looking at things- you flat out described them in a way that is not truthful.

If I seem frustrated, it is because the incredible opportunity to have healthy exchanges of ideas, on a site with a lot of potential viewers and participants, is being squandered.

If you want to know the presence that NPRA has in other states- research it. Go to their site, call the President Adam, or a spokesperson and ask them about NPRA and who constitutes the board, the membership, what they have done, what they are doing etc., but don't assume things then present them as if they are solidly immersed in reality. Adam was the one who told me of the establishment of NPRA presences outside of Michigan, if you care to learn more, I would start with him.

Better yet, help to contribute to an atmosphere that would be conducive for representatives of NPRA to come on here and explain the association for themselves.

Of course, you could simply specify that these things exist in your vision and that it is your opinion and that you have not researched it- it is just what you think.

If you preface those assertions as being your opinion, that is perfectly appropriate. Then, if someone were to care how your opinion was derived, the discussion can continue. Or, if you include the reasoning for your opinion, someone may want to challenge and/or discuss that.

There is nothing outrageous about wanting to establish a forum that encourages people to support what they are asserting. As it stands now, the MMMA is an uncomfortable place for attempting to be a part of the forums, unless one wants to subscribe to some very narrow views, or doesn't mind putting up with a barrage of empty chatter and false assertions, to work in a point- that will likely not be considered if it turns out to be contradictory to those who would rather beat their images into people, than engaging others and their perspectives as a way to seek the truth.

I don't know what question of yours that I did not answer, but if it is not rhetorical or basking in a false premise- I would be happy to respond to it.

Edited by mibrains

You stated incorrect information about an organization as if it were fact. That is the issue, and it is indicative of an unfortunate culture that has evolved here. A prime example of the issues I raised have been being demonstrated ever since my post describing this issue. I could have used many examples in this thread alone, but since it was the second time you did it to the same organization- I used your post. You are certainly not the only guilty party.

Your vision of NPRA is not something that is merely a different way of looking at things- you flat out described them in a way that is not truthful.

If I seem frustrated, it is because the incredible opportunity to have healthy exchanges of ideas, on a site with a lot of potential viewers and participants, is being squandered.

If you want to know the presence that NPRA has in other states- research it. Go to their site, call the President Adam, or a spokesperson and ask them about NPRA and who constitutes the board, the membership, what they have done, what they are doing etc., but don't assume things then present them as if they are solidly immersed in reality. Adam was the one who told me of the establishment of NPRA presences outside of Michigan, if you care to learn more, I would start with him.

Better yet, help to contribute to an atmosphere that would be conducive for representatives of NPRA to come on here and explain the association for themselves.

Of course, you could simply specify that these things exist in your vision and that it is your opinion and that you have not researched it- it is just what you think.

If you preface those assertions as being your opinion, that is perfectly appropriate. Then, if someone were to care how your opinion was derived, the discussion can continue. Or, if you include the reasoning for your opinion, someone may want to challenge and/or discuss that.

There is nothing outrageous about wanting to establish a forum that encourages people to support what they are asserting. As it stands now, the MMMA is an uncomfortable place for attempting to be a part of the forums, unless one wants to subscribe to some very narrow views, or doesn't mind putting up with a barrage of empty chatter and false assertions, to work in a point- that will likely not be considered if it turns out to be contradictory to those who would rather beat their images into people, than engaging others and their perspectives as a way to seek the truth.

I don't know what question of yours that I did not answer, but if it is not rhetorical or basking in a false premise- I would be happy to respond to it.

Even if you did find this tiny little error in someone's post it doesn't equate to any sort of 'culture' here. Your focus should be on the more important aspects of what has been posted. Like why didn't you fix the mess in your local area before you wrote language that makes that mess worse?

To add to that, classifieds that offer caregiver service here and other places are not being responded to in any measurable numbers. I argue that most patients have workable arrangements without needing dispensaries, there are loads of caregivers willing to help, and arguments that patients are being somehow violated without a retail option are hyperbole and just plain bullschit. Several caregivers here have mentioned that they cannot find patients.

Tell us please Jamie, how it is that dispensaries are necessary?

Just because you have been fortunate enough to not experience it, does not mean that people have not been severely adversely affected due to their preferred source of medicine being compromised. There are testimonials readily available from many such patients on the Internet- FB and elsewhere, and many of us have witnessed it and will have to continue to, unfortunately.

I would not use this site as a barometer of the mainstream activity taking place in the community at large.

The areas where the most people are affected, are the areas where the distribution locations have been compromised. Many areas are still generally in operation, so there are less people affected. The more locations that go down, the more people who will be compromised.

Many of these places have been solidly established for 2-4 years at this point, and have created a reliance for many patients for their health care needs.

What we did at 3rd Coast, was to create a logical and functional addition to the caregiver system, making it incredibly more efficient for patients to determine what works for them and how to deliver it, as well as what the caregivers need to be growing and processing for their patients. It is also a very basic way for patients and caregivers to continue to learn of new and better ideas and to help ensure that a patient has an option, other than the street, when the circumstances dictate it.

when you begin to answer my questions, which you have avoided for almost three years, I will answer yours.

I stand by everything I said. Of course they are opinions. Just like your viewpoint is your opinion.

Since you don't wish to deal here with the objectionable language in the bill and how you are going to change it, and to what verbage, I feel no compunction to change my approach here.

I am not in your class in school.