Clare County Compassion Club

Herb Cannabis

I highly doubt that your questions will "confuse" me.

I think that you take some liberties with your characterization of NPRA again, but I do understand what you mean and what you are asking.

I have and will continue to press the issues with the bill that I agree are in desperate need of fixing. This includes the "cultivation" issue, the issue of transfers that Hayduke brought up and other things. I do believe that these things will get addressed, but I will be incredibly more at ease when they actually are.

I have answered this specific question before, even in this thread already, but it is important, I agree.

Mullen's has not been with NPRA for several months now, as far as I know.

If you would have come here asking for help fixing your local ordinances, so patients could grow at home again, then we all would have lended you a hand. We still would. These are what needs fixing first; https://cityofypsilanti.ewashtenaw.org/news/Medical_Marijuana/Home%20Occ%20Fact%20Sheet

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your dispensaries filled a void created by those ordinances. Ordinances made by the same folks you praised for making ordinances that ALLOWED you to take the place of those that were zoned out.

Sometimes even Resto can make an astute observation.

Are you going to suggest that your business model did not benefit from, or in fact turn on, the necessary elimination of caregiver competition found in the City proceedings Jamie?

NPRA participated in a meeting in which patients and caregivers voiced their concerns and ideas for 4271. A couple of days later, they produced a list of considerations for changes to the bill that reflected the major issues discussed in the meeting.

I have suggested that it would be a good idea to create a substitute, reflecting the changes, and get it out to help demonstrate the amendments we could expect when it hits committee. I have no idea if that is being done or considered.

If by "not going to wait on them" you mean that you are approaching the legislature with the concerns we have discussed here, that would be helpful. It would support what they already know are problems with the bill.

Make no mistake. We will do that.

What are your objections to the standard pt/cg model? Please do not insult us and suggest that access is so very limited with it as the de facto and only legally accepted means. It is not unreasonable to observe that because this model was marginalized by rogue and illegal commercial ventures that it has not become the fully fledged means that it was intended to be, and especially because these commercial interests colluded with local government to effectively minimize it. Now that we have clear guidelines from the SC to proceed in this fashion and are pleased and anxious to engage in the law as written, it is clearly our prerogative to criticize any insistence that another road be taken until and unless patients and caregivers have at last been granted the protection to engage with each other to produce quality cannabis at reasonable prices as an easily grown garden herb. We do not need, and we do not want, a commercial or corporate model to co-opt our small and satisfying gardens and relationships.

It is not that I do not recognize misguided enterprise. In this case it is unnecessary. We have the capacity to grow and maintain adequate supply. Caregivers are everywhere looking for patients. Patients looking for caregivers are nowhere or scarce. This suggests that just about all patients have workable arrangements with caregivers already or grow themselves. If there is anything that can make access better for patients, it would be to permit any qualified patient to transfer to any other. That, however, is an extremely tall order under the circumstance, and we deserve the latitude to make things work as they stand now, and without competition from profiteers in business or government. It was, after all, the people who wrenched their rights to the system as it now stands from the suits who trashed access altogether longer than most here have lived. Now the suits want the money. F--k that.

I said that many pages ago! Im sure it got deleted though. because I ad libbed a bit lmao, it is a disgrace, and most threads on this site are now, no one can make a thread that the wolves dont come out and circle the person that made it or any one they choose,

Im sure that got deleted also!

This site is going to hell in a hand basket, at least when it dies this time I wont be on the outside looking in, Im just waiting for only the mods to be talking to them selves here!

Thats what is gonna happen, go check others sites that people went to, including me, no one is there or its the same ole same ole their over there talking bad about here, even adminastrators from here are over there all buddy buddy! this site got a change, and its a change for the worse, you would think the owner of this site learned something from the last admin here, but he is to busy fighting the bad guys to make sure this site is being run right,,,,,,,,,here goes another of my posts to the grave yard, and I could realy care less, this is like watching big time wrestling here, any one remember that? ive went to cobo hall a few times and seen the sheik, bobo brazil, tex mckenzie! oh the good ole days, I think a good get together that dont include politics is needed, maybe than we could all start fresh and start respecting each other!

I will bring some of my oil sticks!

100_1674_zpsccf329da.jpg

it is clear to me now that you cant have an unsensored site, this is what happens, and the mods wind up with to much work trying to clean up the mess, they have a thankless job, they all came here like we all did lol, only dif is they chose to be the baby sitters of grown men and women!

Peace

Jim

I second that.

Also, I hope to see ya'll at the Clare meeting. I will do my best to be there.

This is a link to the original clare county compassion club site with the regular meeting dates and more. http://www.clarecountycompassionclub.com/

https://www.facebook.com/clarecountycompassionclub.claremi

Things been getting kind of rough around here. Think it is time to step back and watch the show.

I may need a little help here ppl, as I can recall a few of the communities that have in one way or another tried, and sometimes succeeded, to restrict pt/cg rights, to include Grand Rapids, Saginaw, Ypsi, and Rochester, but am pretty sure there have been several others. What are the others?

Edited by GregS

That is a great subject upon which to start a new thread, isn't it?

Possibly, although it does complement the discussion here. We are talking about dispensaries and municipalities and their part in infringing on pt/cg rights, are we not? You did say, regarding posts that some said were drifting in this direction, that they were not off the mark. But whatever.

How do you explain the Ypsilanti ordinance that, and in my estimation is unenforceable, restricts and regulates caregivers?

I explained, earlier in this thread, how I thought the city arrived at their policy about caregivers growing in residences.

I agree that the ordinance is unreasonably restrictive and unnecessary. I thought at the time when the ordinance passed, and definitely after the Wyoming case, that it is unenforceable.

I don't agree with GregS's assessment, at all... "regulation that infringes on caregivers is unenforceable"

So GregS, do you merely close your eyes and you are transported to a place your your personal interpretation of the act is not subject to court or legislative interference?

Explain how that works in the real world?

Uuh. Just like it did in Saginaw when the City tried to pass an ordinance establishing a moratorium on medical use. We got up on our hind feet and stood them down. The MMMA had better and more active leadership then, and helped our local effort. Arguments were germain and reasoned. We used the media and solicited attendance from points around the state, and I am still and always will be thankful to those who helped.

Edited by GregS

It just seems like a good anchor point for a new conversation. Most of this was on target based on the speaker, but these ordinances are not related to the speaker or to the original post. I don't feel its an arbitrary transition point.

Be my guest.

snapback.pngCaveatLector, on 12 March 2013 - 11:46 AM, said:

Who in this day and age makes mirrors? I mean besides a factory? Go to IKEA. Good selection and low cost. Don't forget to bring along the gang, as kiddies eat free on Tuesday!

You're better than this, please explain what constructive contribution this is supposed to be, or is it beyond my capabilities to comprehend? Come on man, you have always seemed like a person who wants to help others, and this doesn't become you.

It was posted to be ironic in light of Hic's strange mirror reference.

I actually DID go to IKEA this evening.

However, Hic, if you haven't noticed, has posted some pretty insane stuff. At times it seems he is actually threatening people's well being. I don't think you understand, or know, his history before he came to this site.

GW constantly makes personal attacks and calls names when he's angry. Add to that his incessant childlike behavior with his, "obammer" nonsense, and the like, and you kind of get your fill at some point. I am not a democrat (or republican) but I still take offense at his inability to make a point without constantly putting people down.

I have to say, Herb, that I don't see the likes of Malamute making the same personal attacks as some of those you are "siding" with. In fact, I don't know that I have seen a single personal attack from Malamute. I can point to many from the "opposition."

I understand your desire to keep the thread on point. However, the issues being dealt with here are huge. They may belong in their own thread but it evolved into this.

I explained, earlier in this thread, how I thought the city arrived at their policy about caregivers growing in residences.

I agree that the ordinance is unreasonably restrictive and unnecessary. I thought at the time when the ordinance passed, and definitely after the Wyoming case, that it is unenforceable.

It is precisely these unreasonably restrictive and unnecessary ordinances, moratoria, and the clear, and to my mind unfair, criticism of the cg sytsem on the part of dispensary advocates that have made us more than a little wary. We have been under seige for years, and you will please excuse us if we presently have a seige mentality. It cannot be expected to diminish or be done away with until the attacks stop. That you advocate a system that has played an active part in this cannot be diminished. Some might call it unfortunate for you. Me? I do not know you and expect you are a great guy with chutzpah and charisma, both of which I can admire. That does not, however, substitute for looking out for our communal best interest.

Edited by GregS

It was posted to be ironic in light of Hic's strange mirror reference.

I actually DID go to IKEA this evening.

However, Hic, if you haven't noticed, has posted some pretty insane stuff. At times it seems he is actually threatening people's well being. I don't think you understand, or know, his history before he came to this site.

GW constantly makes personal attacks and calls names when he's angry. Add to that his incessant childlike behavior with his, "obammer" nonsense, and the like, and you kind of get your fill at some point. I am not a democrat (or republican) but I still take offense at his inability to make a point without constantly putting people down.

I have to say, Herb, that I don't see the likes of Malamute making the same personal attacks as some of those you are "siding" with. In fact, I don't know that I have seen a single personal attack from Malamute. I can point to many from the "opposition."

I understand your desire to keep the thread on point. However, the issues being dealt with here are huge. They may belong in their own thread but it evolved into this.

Before you make a world of hic for hic take the time and come kiss my a.. so you at least know what it looks like before you talk about it.

you are number 6 is that insane enough for you?

Before you make a world of hic for hic take the time and come kiss my a.. so you at least know what it looks like before you talk about it.

Are we characters in "The Prisoner' my liege?

Maybe if you STFU for awhile people would listen to you.

Bend your mind around that.

Edited by Highlander