Clare County Compassion Club

Herb Cannabis

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just because you have been fortunate enough to not experience it, does not mean that people have not been severely adversely affected due to their preferred source of medicine being compromised. There are testimonials readily available from many such patients on the Internet- FB and elsewhere, and many of us have witnessed it and will have to continue to, unfortunately.

I would not use this site as a barometer of the mainstream activity taking place in the community at large.

The areas where the most people are affected, are the areas where the distribution locations have been compromised. Many areas are still generally in operation, so there are less people affected. The more locations that go down, the more people who will be compromised.

Many of these places have been solidly established for 2-4 years at this point, and have created a reliance for many patients for their health care needs.

What we did at 3rd Coast, was to create a logical and functional addition to the caregiver system, making it incredibly more efficient for patients to determine what works for them and how to deliver it, as well as what the caregivers need to be growing and processing for their patients. It is also a very basic way for patients and caregivers to continue to learn of new and better ideas and to help ensure that a patient has an option, other than the street, when the circumstances dictate it.

The fact that no system other than cg/pt is legally allowed, and has never been justified under the tenets of the law, and that rogue systems evolved in the grab for cash, is important. It is the last option to be brought to bear because of the aszholes and elbows approach to distribution that marginalized it. Now we are at a juncture where we may have reasonable opportunity to make it work without illegal competition, and that is precisely what we are championing.

Preference for an illegal method is preference for an illegal method.

Edited by GregS

Funny NPRA has not made one single suggestion that there is anything wrong with the bill or that they have made any effort to change them.

They have said they are working on amendments on a couple of email lists, in meetings and in direct discusions with them. I doubt that they would announce the pending necessary amendments in a press release or something like that. They have made it widely known that they understand the issues and are working on them.

At this point, it only matters that the changes actually get made.

I agree that is what matters. But there are no guarantee's they really are working on them. So naturally we are not going to wait on them to do it either. A press release would do them no harm IMO, I know they really do not care what patients and caregivers think about 4271 but it surely wouldn't hurt their cause. It's only business...

I agree that is what matters. But there are no guarantee's they really are working on them. So naturally we are not going to wait on them to do it either. A press release would do them no harm IMO, I know they really do not care what patients and caregivers think about 4271 but it surely wouldn't hurt their cause. It's only business...

NPRA participated in a meeting in which patients and caregivers voiced their concerns and ideas for 4271. A couple of days later, they produced a list of considerations for changes to the bill that reflected the major issues discussed in the meeting.

I have suggested that it would be a good idea to create a substitute, reflecting the changes, and get it out to help demonstrate the amendments we could expect when it hits committee. I have no idea if that is being done or considered.

If by "not going to wait on them" you mean that you are approaching the legislature with the concerns we have discussed here, that would be helpful. It would support what they already know are problems with the bill.

I recall the meeting you speak of, that was attended mostly by activists correct?

I appreciate your encouragement Jamie, we all should be active in this. Sadly Robin on behalf of NPRA has stated that no one besides them should be talking to the house members. That doesn't sound very inclusive on their part.

"We already got permission to talk about the dispensary bill in this thread because of your guest speaker, the dispensary advocate. Yup, live with it."

Come on Resto, no one gave anyone permission to talk about dispensaries, this was my thread and I certainly did not give permission for it to be hijacked, you took that upon your selves. I only intended on posting our meeting and listing our guest. That's it, anything else, is on you.

I already explained it to you. Since Clare invited a dispensary advocate to speak this thread was opened up to include that topic.XXXX

Should we only invite CPU or like entities, would this please you? I'm sure it would, however, that would be very narrow sighted on our behalf wouldn't it? You seem to forget that your side of the story isn't the only side.

Do you think the good people of the Clare club know what a track record is?

Or will they base their opinion on they last thing they heard?

You call us good people and in the same sentence you insult our intelligence, really!

I do not think it is off topic on how all my comments in bobs thread got deleted but most of the ones I made here stay?

it was me who "hid" all the interactions between you and Dr Bob in that thread.

it got off topic and personal about things that were not relevant to the new Compassion Club.

i was only trying to help new patients get the information they need.. i apologize if i offended you with my editing.

I do not think it is off topic to talk about your speaker, then to your speaker, about the scheduled subject matter, on the thread where you posted the notice. It seems on topic.

I'm sure that 4271 will come up, but I was asked to discuss the SC ruling and the changes to the Act, as well.

We may need another 29 pages!

But didn't this meeting already happen? How did it go?

This meeting is scheduled for March 23, 2013, I expect that it will be standing room only, so, bring a chair and a thick skin.

Edited by Herb Cannabis

We may need another 29 pages!

But didn't this meeting already happen? How did it go?

The section 8 discussion does seem to be missing-

The meeting has not happened yet, it will be March 23 in Clare.

There was a New Detroit CC meeting, that Hayduke referenced, that he and I participated in recently. I think it went well. It was Hayduke's birthday and there was cake.

"We already got permission to talk about the dispensary bill in this thread because of your guest speaker, the dispensary advocate. Yup, live with it."

Come on Resto, no one gave anyone permission to talk about dispensaries, this was my thread and I certainly did not give permission for it to be hijacked, you took that upon your selves. I only intended on posting our meeting and listing our guest. That's it, anything else, is on you.

Sure they did. Several times. Almost continuously through the whole thread. We were in constant contact with the management of this web site. As it should be when we have important issues to discuss. You had your 10 minutes of fame because you rode shirt tails. Back to your regularly scheduled life Herb. See you when something else important comes up. Or not.

herb - please supply name tags. I wanna see who I talk too.

Use your user names please when you go.

No joke I am going - even if my mom is to die that die I will tell the bit#@ to wait to die. I am coming you made it personal. I expect to see you ALL the 23rd.

You do not think you can play hide and seek with this guy did ya?

Edited by hic

maybe the people in clare have enough intelligence to hear it from the horses mouth. some people ( i like to call em drones) just parrot bunny muffin they heard other people say. The true thinking type of people, well they like to hear it from the source. there's no better way to find the truth.

Unless the person you seek the truth from is lying!

Peace

Jim