Clare County Compassion Club

Herb Cannabis

Oh heck naw. I want nothing to do with retail. Dealing with the public sucks.

I have plans, but the mmmp has nothing to do with it.

I did meet the person who took your service over. Absolutely no offense intended, but I wish you were still in the industry.

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this thread had been off topic and on topic both since the beginning.

i struggled with the decision to leave it go many times...

i left it for the exact reasons stated above... it has been productive.. Jamie is speaking at the club. and people do have questions about his position.

i want to say thank you for everyone for keeping their wits about them and helping make this a learning experience and knowledge sharing informational thread for everyone without using to many personal attacks. :)

I feel compelled to point out that the CPU crew regularly roll out the accusations of greed against anyone that counters their assertions.

And we wonder why they're so secretive about their membership... Hmmm...

Want to go make bullets with me? Going to make them at 3K an hour per machine.

Dr. Bob

Um yeah! Where do I sign?

I feel compelled to point out that the CPU crew regularly roll out the accusations of greed against anyone that counters their assertions.

CPU did and does exactly what they are supposed to.

they are a PAC and they deal with the legislature.

some members from CPU frequent this site.

some members from many organizations frequent this site.

it isn't fair to lump CPU and their position and their actions in a negative light because of some of the members and the way they "express themselves" personally.

But wouldn't it be prudent for the patients to know who is speaking for them?

It appears to be pretty clear that CPU is not speaking for patients they are only speaking for their own private agendas. Sounds similar to dispensaries speaking for patients.

I am completely against each.

There is a solution, sorry if it does not help CPU and sorry if it does not help dispensaries or commercial grows. In my opinion, compassion clubs can be the solution. Why has not anybody attempted to get bills passed in support of compassion clubs? I am against private entities. I like the compassion club model. The only thing compassion clubs need is some legislature that approves them to get permits for farmer markets. That would help the communities in tax/permit revenue, the compassion clubs, and the patients and caregivers. I don't see why compassion clubs should not be allowed to pull permits to dispense on a weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly basis. We don't need dispensaries, we need compassion clubs to gain some rights without infringing on the current patient/caregiver relationships. Like a variance permit, then nothing else in the law would change. Simple with common sense.

It is always the private entities and big businesses that take away our rights and lie and cheat while they are doing it.

There is a lot more I could say, but it will offend many.

CPU is a private group, we have no reason or responsibility to reveal our members. Our track record speaks for itself, we support the current patient caregiver system. CPU has no comment re dispensaries at this time. Our members are allowed their own opinions and agendas. We have strong PC/dispensary supporters and people who do not want dispensaries at all. In addition we have all viewpoints in the middle. Your comment and curiousity are not going to open the door to Skull and Bones, you do not have the key. Sorry. Our public track record is the neutering of the 4 Walsh bills over the last 2-1/2 years. What did you do for the patients of the state during that time period GG? How many meetings and testimonies did you give for Reps and Sens in Lansing? If that isn't enough, well, I am very truly sorry, but that is all you are going to get. Whether you accept it or like it or dislike it, we do represent many patients and caregivers and that is not going to change because you choose to hold your hands over your eyes and say, "you can't see me".

Also be clear CPU does not benefit or make money or propose an avenue to make money. We come much closer to a think tank mentality. CPU will not be opening a PC, a farmers market or ANY type of business that will make it's money off patients and caregivers. So your jaded viewpoint is (yawn) not on the mark at all. And we don't have a RSO development going either (just kidding), so we won't be competition for you.

Now if you wish to wallow in ignorance, feel free.... but that is a bit like a blind man looking for a diamond in a gravel driveway... you won't figure it out and the search will be very hard.

Many are not up to the membership standards which include monthly dues, others don't choose to be involved. But note, it was CPU that was selected by Reps Cavanagh and Horn to serve on the Walsh Task Force. It was Rep Durhal who tasked CPU in the fall of 2010 to consolidate the good and the bad of the act in his task force. Now I have been honored to serve on the new conditions panel. What about them apples? Got any bonafides to compare?

So if you think we are not to be considered, I say underestimate CPU and it's members and try and blow off our concerns, and you may become a bit disappointed in the results you can achieve without our participation.

GG, where XXXX have you been the last 3 years? For you to now play like you don't know who the players are and what their actual agendas are is pretty darn suspect. We have proven ourselves and will not be playing that game again around here.

Hic, XXXX

And yes, we do like the secrecy.

I have been around, mostly focusing my energy on patients. I just do not get involved too much with the politics. Too many snakes and weasels for my taste. :)

Where I would like to be is allowed to engage with mmj, compassion clubs, patients, and caregivers. It was fun to be able to raffle off free meds when I had a club. If the law would permit the clubs to engage with medicine, patients, and caregivers, the opportunities would be endless. It is really sad that our community will not go down this path. Why can't the mmj program be strictly about patients and caregivers? That is what the law's intention is.

But no, it has to be about money and power. Chasing the all mighty dollar.

I never claimed to represent CPU in this thread. Quite the opposite. I always specifically refer to "my personal opinion"....

But I am always willing to discuss CPU. But it has nothing to do with dispensaries, pro or con, as I have previously noted.

I have been around, mostly focusing my energy on patients. I just do not get involved too much with the politics. Too many snakes and weasels for my taste. :)

Where I would like to be is allowed to engage with mmj, compassion clubs, patients, and caregivers. It was fun to be able to raffle off free meds when I had a club. If the law would permit the clubs to engage with medicine, patients, and caregivers, the opportunities would be endless. It is really sad that our community will not go down this path. Why can't the mmj program be strictly about patients and caregivers? That is what the law's intention is.

You get a good thing going and someone always ruins it. Sometimes they ruin it for nothing at all. That's the crossroads we are at. We don't have all that much to offer in terms of cash. But we have a passion to grow the medicine. That's what is at stake for those of us that want to be unregulated, anonymous, legal growers.

Mibrains, in fact CPU is not a PAC.

We are an applied for 501c4, and operate as such anticipating our approval.

One of our members runs CannaPac... that is a PAC with no legal or financial connection to CPU, though some of our members contribute occasionally.

Hic, who is in CPU is no concern of yours, you will never be. Ask Phaq how far he got... We tend to screen out section 8's.

section 8's eh? so like I said, it is a secret society claiming to rep mm pts! but no one can know their biz, specialy if you have no money!

i removed this section of your post. it did not pertain to the topic of this thread. :)

thank you

John.

darn wish i knew what i said so I could rewrite it! lol

Edited by phaquetoo

GG, we are friends. I am glad you are happy doing what you do, thank you for your contribution with what you deal with. Perhaps if you wanted to know more about how the PAC and lobbying works, you might want to take some of your spare time and engage and participate. Spend some time developing a reputation in Lansing, get asked to provide information, spend time going to meetings, following court cases, critically analyzing bills and proposing alternatives that remove the bad and help patients, etc. It is a lot of work. Until you do it, you might want to reconsider your comments about those that do.

There is an old analogy, it is very easy to be hard on the boss if you are not the one building the company, taking all the risk (and no paycheck). Walk a mile in the shoes of the people that do this sort of work before you are so highly critical of something you don't do.

Thanks,

Dr. Bob

CPU did and does exactly what they are supposed to.

they are a PAC and they deal with the legislature.

some members from CPU frequent this site.

some members from many organizations frequent this site.

it isn't fair to lump CPU and their position and their actions in a negative light because of some of the members and the way they "express themselves" personally.

I never claimed to represent CPU in this thread. Quite the opposite. I always specifically refer to "my personal opinion"....

But I am always willing to discuss CPU. But it has nothing to do with dispensaries, pro or con, as I have previously noted.

Allow me to clarify. Some folks who belong to CPU tend to whip out the greed accusations when confronted.

All the while inoculating themselves against any such criticism of their motives by maintaining secrecy.

Perhaps this will be a good time to remind everyone of past experiences on this board by these folks.

Let's see the bona fide relationship bill. Remember how that was going to require 4 fully paid doctor visits a year? The sky was falling.

Oh yeah, where did the outdoor grows and 2 year cards come from? What? The same bill?

What about everyone getting access to the registry? How did that turn out? Bad as everyone thought?

The list goes on and on.

Dr. Bob

Mibrains, in fact CPU is not a PAC.

We are an applied for 501c4, and operate as such anticipating our approval.

One of our members runs CannaPac... that is a PAC with no legal or financial connection to CPU, though some of our members contribute occasionally.

oh...

my bad.

i didn't realize

i stand corrected :)

well i sit... corrected.

thank you

Perhaps this will be a good time to remind everyone of past experiences on this board by these folks.

Let's see the bona fide relationship bill. Remember how that was going to require 4 fully paid doctor visits a year? The sky was falling.

Oh yeah, where did the outdoor grows and 2 year cards come from? What? The same bill?

What about everyone getting access to the registry? How did that turn out? Bad as everyone thought?

The list goes on and on.

Dr. Bob

They should and have been commended for their work. I'm sure it wasn't easy.

I think good people with genuine non-monetary interests can both support or oppose this bill. The unsupported accusations get us nowhere.

But wouldn't it be prudent for the patients to know who is speaking for them?

It appears to be pretty clear that CPU is not speaking for patients they are only speaking for their own private agendas. Sounds similar to dispensaries speaking for patients.

I am completely against each.

There is a solution, sorry if it does not help CPU and sorry if it does not help dispensaries or commercial grows. In my opinion, compassion clubs can be the solution. Why has not anybody attempted to get bills passed in support of compassion clubs? I am against private entities. I like the compassion club model. The only thing compassion clubs need is some legislature that approves them to get permits for farmer markets. That would help the communities in tax/permit revenue, the compassion clubs, and the patients and caregivers. I don't see why compassion clubs should not be allowed to pull permits to dispense on a weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly basis. We don't need dispensaries, we need compassion clubs to gain some rights without infringing on the current patient/caregiver relationships. Like a variance permit, then nothing else in the law would change. Simple with common sense.

It is always the private entities and big businesses that take away our rights and lie and cheat while they are doing it.

There is a lot more I could say, but it will offend many.

She speaks for the truth so I hope you listen to this post.

Reality check is whatever cpu is and if cpu is fighting for us in court the other side giigles at them in the shadow.

Look at our reps MI! WAKE UP!

Edited by hic