Clare County Compassion Club

Herb Cannabis

To look at the past is to understand the future.

No rugs to bury under,.. if we did, it would cause us to make tactical and strategic errors in our future movements.

"Ultimately, reviewing possible incidents of 3-4 years ago is unproductive and unnecessary. It is equally unproductive to attempt to paint the emergence of distribution centers as a cause for the actions of our opponents."

I agree to look back at failures, is to not make the same again!

Peace

Jim

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have Ypsilanti as the worst city in Michigan with their ordinaces that make it impossible for a private grow. I'm sure we all can agree they are terrible. Take another look;

https://cityofypsilanti.ewashtenaw.org/news/Medical_Marijuana/Home%20Occ%20Fact%20Sheet

Then we have an attempted law, it comes along, floated past us, that dovetails into these ordinances, that we all agree are bad. It feeds these bad ordinances. It builds off of them. It practically makes them law across Michigan.

I can't understand why this doesn't UNITE us into action against this law and what it's designed to do. It should be a rally point. Instead, we have people bailing on us right and left.

I am sure there are people at Clare County Compassion Club that will teach people how to grow their own, give them plants, find them a caregiver, etc., right Herb Cannabis? If you wanted that type of help you could get it there, right?

Correct, we do all that, so what was your point, dispensaries are not needed? I disagree, while the dispensaries were in operation previously, people beat a path to their doors. I can't recall having encountered a single patron who was upset that they were there, although I will agree that I have heard complaints concerning the prices. People forget that it cost money to run a business and that we pay for convenience willingly without complaint.

FYI, while we were teaching, providing plants and fining cg's, there were hundreds of mom and pop operations popping up all over the place providing much needed jobs, all the while we were there doing exactly what you said, coexisting peacefully. While it is true some people were unhappy, you can't please every one all of the time, the overwhelming majority imo were happy, happy to find and try new strains and or acquire genetics. I just happen to be one of those happy people.

It seems to me that their is lack of faith in our law, an initiative of the people, by the people and for the people of this great state. The fear of the unknown on the part of a few of you here may or may not be founded, I don't know. What I do know is that their is a need for the services of dispensaries and I support that notion.

I am not being daft. I was assuming that what I said was the case. If it is not, I suppose somebody will speak up. That is generally how a Compassion Club goes, however, and from what I understand, is how Clare County Compassion Club works also. I am not sure why they can't help Herb Cannabis, actually.

No one said that they couldn't help, in fact, they have helped me in many ways. I just don't believe it necessary to publicize things of this nature in a forum and begging doesn't become me

I don't agree with GregS's assessment, at all... "regulation that infringes on caregivers is unenforceable" So GregS, do you merely close your eyes and you are transported to a place your your personal interpretation of the act is not subject to court or legislative interference? Explain how that works in the real world?

""regulation that infringes on caregivers is unenforceable" Serious question, not bs'ing. How does one apply this logic to the argument against the PC bill?

Our next meeting will be held at the Clare County Library on March 9, 2013 from noon - 2PM. Please plan on joining our group of like minded folks.

Last week we were blessed with a visit from a young lady who was enjoying the benefits of the Sec 8 defense, CASE DISMISSED WITH PREJUDICE. I understand that the judge tried to belittle her by calling her, "nothing more than a pot head and other names before dismissing the case.

We were also honored with a visit from Tricloud Genetics who gave us a few pointers concerning seed germination.

Well Greetings folks, I have only read a few of the pages so far on this topic and I feel that it is safe to say that todays meeting in Clare resembled the post here some , I will get a longer read of it all over coffee, I am new and will probably make some errors so I apologize up front and if poor grammar, run on sentences and spelling errors are a pet peeve of yours than please feel free to disregard this and future comments from me. I have opinions, some that I stand firm in, some that I am flexible and willing to change if logic and someone else's words convince me too. I will give respect to whoever it is that I am discussing a topic with and ask the same. We all want more of the same things than we disagree believe it or not in my view. We will only make progress while working together to further this cause. An occasional reset is a good thing and I am in no way seeking to flare up the noise that I understand was a good part of this thread. I try to state things as I see them and believe we all have knowledge to learn from one another. This probably is not the place to introduce myself further so I wont go on any longer and will find the correct place to do so tomorrow. I just wanted to acknowledge the original question and thank the poster for trying to get more folks to come out to the meeting today even though it did not go so well, Kind regards, Max's buddy

Jamie, I do believe you want to do right by the community and no, you shouldn't be still dealing with the fallout from the infamous cannabis cup. But sadly some have not forgotten, just own it and lets move on. Even the Ypsi deal, I do believe it is possible you didn't realize how far it was going to reach, I am giving you the benefit of doubt. But NOW step up and help us fix 4271...

Fix 4271? I thought that you wanted to kill it!

X2

X3

Oh bob some times you crack me up, but I would have done the same thing! I didnt go because of it, first hash bash I missed, but it wont be the last I missed, I think im done with that kinda stuff, the bickering going on always happens when you get cpu and any one else involved, its a secret society aka skull and bones! sure they have a mission page but that is all you are going to see unless your a part of it, and not to many of us are a part of it, I wonder why? hmmmm guess I will burn an oil stick now! I love this lil circus we have going on here, never have i seen all of these guys in this site on one thread, well never before the change, because some one wanted to keep all the power in thier hands, and them hands have changed many times since I became a member here!

some one said somthing about why dont ya all just keep this kinda stuff on the site ya'll used to do this on, and I was there also, because I like to keep up on what people are thinking, not what they think the law is, I know what the law is, I did pass english, I flunked typing but thats only because back in my days of skewl typing class was all girls, accept for me lol and the teacher couldnt put me any where to keep me quite, so I spent most of 2 yrs of typing sitting next to the sexy teacher, she fell for my plan, im a leader not a follower, and I get a big kick out of all you guys who think your saving the world, good luck to ya!

Peace

Jim

I love you brother, in a brotherly kind of way, you have no idea how many times you have turned my frown upside down, thanks.

Btw, I only took typing because of all the chicks, after that, I took shorthand - same darn reason!

Well Greetings folks, I have only read a few of the pages so far on this topic and I feel that it is safe to say that todays meeting in Clare resembled the post here some , I will get a longer read of it all over coffee, I am new and will probably make some errors so I apologize up front and if poor grammar, run on sentences and spelling errors are a pet peeve of yours than please feel free to disregard this and future comments from me. I have opinions, some that I stand firm in, some that I am flexible and willing to change if logic and someone else's words convince me too. I will give respect to whoever it is that I am discussing a topic with and ask the same. We all want more of the same things than we disagree believe it or not in my view. We will only make progress while working together to further this cause. An occasional reset is a good thing and I am in no way seeking to flare up the noise that I understand was a good part of this thread. I try to state things as I see them and believe we all have knowledge to learn from one another. This probably is not the place to introduce myself further so I wont go on any longer and will find the correct place to do so tomorrow. I just wanted to acknowledge the original question and thank the poster for trying to get more folks to come out to the meeting today even though it did not go so well, Kind regards, Max's buddy

Welcome Max's Buddy, what a wonderful first post.

welcome to the community.

Fix 4271? I thought that you wanted to kill it!

X3

Too simplistic Herb. For one, no one is going to tell you in advance on an open forum, what they have planned. You are letting your bias get control of your brain.

Personally I don't have as many problems with the bill as others. Now that being said, allowing the PC's to "cultivate" unlimited amounts, and transfer unlimited amounts between PC's comes very close to a monopoly for the PC owners. Additionally it is my personal opinion they should not be given more legal standing and rights than a patient and a caregiver (on medibles and topicals for example).

These are pretty large objections. I understand you don't care about others because your own finances and legal situation is grim, so you feel you must do what you must do. That is your right, and I get that. To me it seems pretty selfish to take that position, but whatever, it reflects on YOU not me. You may want to look into the facts a bit more so you will not be laughed at or scorned regarding this topic in the future. Personally I have NO interest in allowing big business and folks who wish to corner the market and profit ridiculously off of medical marijuana. Sorry, not going along with that tack.

So in light of the statement above, I oppose the bill, and will quietly work behind the scenes to see it amended or killed.

Edited by Hayduke

I'm sorry I brought you in to this, honestly, I was announcing our meeting with a small promotion for your visit and that was the extent of my intent.

It's all right. Obviously, discussion and information is needed. I look forward to the meeting.

yeah Jamieuke, you are right. And maybe more people than just proponents and clique members should have been, and need to be included in discussions that developed this bill.

But only if you think true community support is necessary to get this bill passed. Maybe insiders can do this alone. I personally don't think so.

Too simplistic Herb. For one, no one is going to tell you in advance on an open forum, what they have planned. You are letting your bias get control of your brain.

Personally I don't have as many problems with the bill as others. Now that being said, allowing the PC's to "cultivate" unlimited amounts, and transfer unlimited amounts between PC's comes very close to a monopoly for the PC owners. Additionally it is my personal opinion they should not be given more legal standing and rights than a patient and a caregiver (on medibles and topicals for example).

These are pretty large objections. I understand you don't care about others because your own finances and legal situation is grim, so you feel you must do what you must do. That is your right, and I get that. To me it seems pretty selfish to take that position, but whatever, it reflects on YOU not me. You may want to look into the facts a bit more so you will not be laughed at or scorned regarding this topic in the future. Personally I have NO interest in allowing big business and folks who wish to corner the market and profit ridiculously off of medical marijuana. Sorry, not going along with that tack.

So in light of the statement above, I oppose the bill, and will quietly work behind the scenes to see it amended or killed.

And you're not biased by your position, of course you are. My concerns were not meant to be selfish in any kind of way. Don't you suppose that their might be others like me that would appreciate what a PC has to offer a patient? The fact that I said I needed them to obtain meds is true, I don't want to have to ask my friends, even though I have had to. You think that my personal position in life is why I chose the side I did, you are totally off base here with that assumption and flat out wrong. I DO CARE ABOUT OTHERS, MAKE NO MISTAKE ABOUT IT!

I'll try to make my position more clear and restate it like this. I support HB 4271 in general, however, I agree with Mr. Abel, that their needs to be amendments to change certain rules including the ones you are concerned about.

I have read Matt's concerns regarding potential amendments to HB 4271 and I concur, 100%.

I will work harder at making my positions more clear in the future, but, I will take the position I will, for my own reasons.

Many would appreciate it if you would work to amend HB 4271, not kill it, including my self.

I have given the binder we spoke of to add bipolar disorder and depression to the panel considering adding new conditions to Dr. Bob. Please do not allow your personal views of me influence your decisions.

And you're not biased by your position, of course you are. My concerns were not meant to be selfish in any kind of way. Don't you suppose that their might be others like me that would appreciate what a PC has to offer a patient? The fact that I said I needed them to obtain meds is true, I don't want to have to ask my friends, even though I have had to. You think that my personal position in life is why I chose the side I did, you are totally off base here with that assumption and flat out wrong. I DO CARE ABOUT OTHERS, MAKE NO MISTAKE ABOUT IT!

I'll try to make my position more clear and restate it like this. I support HB 4271 in general, however, I agree with Mr. Abel, that their needs to be amendments to change certain rules including the ones you are concerned about.

I have read Matt's concerns regarding potential amendments to HB 4271 and I concur, 100%.

I will work harder at making my positions more clear in the future, but, I will take the position I will, for my own reasons.

Many would appreciate it if you would work to amend HB 4271, not kill it, including my self.

I have given the binder we spoke of to add bipolar disorder and depression to the panel considering adding new conditions to Dr. Bob. Please do not allow your personal views of me influence your decisions.

It was written to regulate caregivers. You would have to throw the whole thing out to get rid of that in the title. The whole idea behind this law is selfish. I'm just a patient, nothing else. I have no other motivations. I have tried very hard to show you the terrible consequences of this law. By now you see what I have been talking about. If you want to ignore that for your own reasons then that is your choice. It's all there for you in plain words, several times. I've done my best. Now you go and do what you gotta do.