Clare County Compassion Club

Herb Cannabis

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah sure Jamieuke, there were no doubt a number of wires in the audience, so if you do not have recording and both Zap and I remember it, are you contesting our memory? Here we have two people saying Freed made this claim at the Bham CC and you sort of claim we remembered it wrong, is that right? Additionally we have an article with an interview with DEA agent Issacson, stating no one had spoken to the DEA about their not objecting to a Cannabis Cup. Why would he make that statement to the press if it was not in response to a public claim that the DEA had no problem with the Cannabis Cup?

Edited by bobandtorey

yeah sure Jamieuke, there were no doubt a number of wires in the audience, so if you do not have recording and both Zap and I remember it, are you contesting our memory? Here we have two people saying Freed made this claim at the Bham CC and you sort of claim we remembered it wrong, is that right? Additionally we have an article with an interview with DEA agent Issacson, stating no one had spoken to the DEA about their not objecting to a Cannabis Cup. Why would he make that statement to the press if it was not in response to a public claim that the DEA had no problem with the Cannabis Cup?

An statement from the DEA saying that they were not contacted, is further confirmation of the fact that they were not contacted, which is what we actually have always said.

What I believe is that the misfire by the reporter, along with the discussion of the several meetings with law enforcement that did occur, possibly caused confusion.

Rarely, was I not at a meeting with him at that time and I was there with him around that time. If this was a meeting that I missed, I have no way of knowing what he said exactly, unless it was recorded.

At one point, someone from an early version of the MMMA said that Anthony said the same thing in a meeting with the MMMA board. They recorded those meetings, and I was in attendance. I said that I did not hear him say that, and if I did, I would have noticed and corrected it. I suggested that they play the recording back. It was not confirmed because he didn't say it.

Ultimately, reviewing possible incidents of 3-4 years ago is unproductive and unnecessary. It is equally unproductive to attempt to paint the emergence of distribution centers as a cause for the actions of our opponents.

The opposition existed here and was poised to work against the Act in whatever form it emerged. It is similarly naive to believe that I or any else created the opposition.

3rd Coast helped to demonstrate a responsible model of working with local government and creating additional options for patients without compromising the caregivers.

To look at the past is to understand the future.

No rugs to bury under,.. if we did, it would cause us to make tactical and strategic errors in our future movements.

Yes- but let's be careful to discern fact from fiction and be open to recognizing the progression of things. My organization evolved, in part, as a result of the mistakes it made. The very issues being rehashed 4 years later here, resulted in my more direct involvement, Darrell taking a different approach, and us separating from Freed.

those who don't learn from the past, are doomed to repeat it.

Freed definitely uttered those fateful lies. Why would Issacson make his comment unless he was answering a claim that Freed had said and others were repeating, that the DEA had been contacted and had no objection.

It was not made up out of whole cloth.

I figurede ya would get a kick out of that.. :-)

It was done in jest.

Relax a little and look at the seriousness of the questions being asked. Some people feel as though they can do nothing to change or steer the future of medical cannabis in Michigan. That could not be further from the truth.

The problem is, we as a community seem to always want to shoot ourselves int he foot because of the blindness of greed, ambition and lack of foresight and strategic understanding.

If ya take the time to understand the simple yet numerous intricacies of the situation, you would realize, you can make a difference and we do not have to settle. We do not have to do things that stick it to ourselves and there are reasonable approaches to achieve what is needed int he end if moving tacticly throught he field of mines which stand before us.

I really want to hear some of these answers from Jamie. I pose real questions and middle ground.

It is important and i do hope this is a teaser for a great meeting at this CC.

Well since some one brought it up ummm! lol

"

Jackson Farmers Market

Patients First bkg_headr.gif

issue_icon.pngRestoring Access to Jackson

On Friday March 8th at 1:00PM, a protest will be held at the County Tower caddy corner from the Jackson Market. The address is 120 West Michigan Ave. Jackson,MI. Please RSVP by clicking here. XXXX.xxxxxx.XXXX, om, xxx, bb.

The new prosecutor has stated that he agrees with Bill Schuette. He has instructed patients and caregivers to not even give medical marijuana to another patient regardless of the situation. All of us are at risk of being arrested. He was elected as an independent representative of Jackson County not a Schuette Shill. The patients and caregivers of Jackson County need help. They have provided assistance to all that have requested in the past. We will all be getting together before and after the protest at the market, We need to see you there. Thanks Blueberry"

Does anyone else get shcitt like this from his site, or am I still the only one lmao!

enjoy

Peace

Jim

WTF are you talking about Bob?

We are talking about the ordinance in Ypsi here.

It forces CG's to allow inspections at a whim etc.

And Jamie just said this: "3rd Coast helped to demonstrate a responsible model of working with local government and creating additional options for patients without compromising the caregivers."

I just found it to be false.

Jamie, I do believe you want to do right by the community and no, you shouldn't be still dealing with the fallout from the infamous cannabis cup. But sadly some have not forgotten, just own it and lets move on. Even the Ypsi deal, I do believe it is possible you didn't realize how far it was going to reach, I am giving you the benefit of doubt. But NOW step up and help us fix 4271...

maybe but you can say the same about a caregiver some ripped of the sick and some never got their meds

Yes- whether it is the most narrow relationship of a primary CG and up to 5 directly connected patients, a home based network, or a dispensing model, the practices, the intent, the real ability to help people can be good, bad, productive or unproductive.

We are talking about the ordinance in Ypsi here.

It forces CG's to allow inspections at a whim etc.

And Jamie just said this: "3rd Coast helped to demonstrate a responsible model of working with local government and creating additional options for patients without compromising the caregivers."

I just found it to be false.

Ya know this:

https://cityofypsila...%20Fact%20Sheet

No caregivers allowed within 1000ft of a school etc.

Applying for a business license with the city to get on their list.

Only one Cg allowed per residence.

Permits

And inspection by Fire, LEO and Building inspectors.

I just thoughthis comment was a little weird considering what that list there is....

Edited by Malamute

Jamie, I do believe you want to do right by the community and no, you shouldn't be still dealing with the fallout from the infamous cannabis cup. But sadly some have not forgotten, just own it and lets move on. Even the Ypsi deal, I do believe it is possible you didn't realize how far it was going to reach, I am giving you the benefit of doubt. But NOW step up and help us fix 4271...

I am not against accepting responsibility- I may be a bit defensive in attempting to discern assumption from fact, and that the emphasis be placed on the actual opposition and not me. I do appreciate this re-focus, though.

I agree and I am aware with the issues in 4271. The unfortunate "cultivation" issue is at the forefront, but there are a few others. As I stated before, the cultivation issue won't get pass several stakeholders, including us. I have heard assurances from NPRA and from Callton that this issue is being addressed.

Of course, we will all feel better about it when amendments are actually made.

So can i equivocate then,... when you Jamie say:

: "This bill(4271/5580/ordinance) will not compromise caregivers" it equals = No caregivers allowed within 1000ft of a school/Applying for a business license/one Cg allowed per residence/Permits/ inspection by Fire, LEO and Building inspectors?

That is just what ya said or?.... That is what you find "acceptable" in achieving commercialization? or...

So can i equivocate then,... when you Jamie say:

: "This bill(4271/5580/ordinance) will not compromise caregivers" it equals = No caregivers allowed within 1000ft of a school/Applying for a business license/one Cg allowed per residence/Permits/ inspection by Fire, LEO and Building inspectors?

That is just what ya said or?.... That is what you find "acceptable" in achieving commercialization? or...

Never said or implied anything remotely close to this.

So you agree that the Ypsilanti ordinance is unacceptable? How do we get that reversed?

Yes. What can you do or be done with possibly the same council members to remove these basic cg prohibitions?

Fix past mistakes or unintended consequences or the previous inability in opposition?

Edited by Malamute

So you agree that the Ypsilanti ordinance is unacceptable? How do we get that reversed?

I have agreed that it is unacceptable from the beginning. My statements to council as they were discussing it, very strongly, reflect that.

The City believes it made an acceptable course of action at the time because of the influence of the ordinance in GR and the MML supporting it as an option, in my opinion.

I am also aware that many caregivers continued in in full force without regard to it. I am not aware of any enforcement of the residential part of the ordinance.

I contacted the city after the Wyoming case and told them that I thought the ordinance is now completely unenforceable. They were not defensive, but also not too concerned.

Recently, a judge ruled on a case out of Ypsi Twp. and essentially said that Wyoming was about Federal bans and not the MMMA pre-empting restrictive local ordinances.

Of course, I completely disagree with the circuit court, and hope that it is appealed, but it demonstrates a little perspective of how the local governments may be looking at it.

I continue to communicate with the city and offer information for them to consider. The ballot process, which was successful just last year, could possibly come into play, again.

Cannabis Cup i went their and just before i got the car parked the Leo's came out of the vans i left

Oh bob some times you crack me up, but I would have done the same thing! I didnt go because of it, first hash bash I missed, but it wont be the last I missed, I think im done with that kinda stuff, the bickering going on always happens when you get cpu and any one else involved, its a secret society aka skull and bones! sure they have a mission page but that is all you are going to see unless your a part of it, and not to many of us are a part of it, I wonder why? hmmmm guess I will burn an oil stick now! I love this lil circus we have going on here, never have i seen all of these guys in this site on one thread, well never before the change, because some one wanted to keep all the power in thier hands, and them hands have changed many times since I became a member here!

some one said somthing about why dont ya all just keep this kinda stuff on the site ya'll used to do this on, and I was there also, because I like to keep up on what people are thinking, not what they think the law is, I know what the law is, I did pass english, I flunked typing but thats only because back in my days of skewl typing class was all girls, accept for me lol and the teacher couldnt put me any where to keep me quite, so I spent most of 2 yrs of typing sitting next to the sexy teacher, she fell for my plan, im a leader not a follower, and I get a big kick out of all you guys who think your saving the world, good luck to ya!

Peace

Jim

I have agreed that it is unacceptable from the beginning. My statements to council as they were discussing it, very strongly, reflect that.

The City believes it made an acceptable course of action at the time because of the influence of the ordinance in GR and the MML supporting it as an option, in my opinion.

I am also aware that many caregivers continued in in full force without regard to it. I am not aware of any enforcement of the residential part of the ordinance.

I contacted the city after the Wyoming case and told them that I thought the ordinance is now completely unenforceable. They were not defensive, but also not too concerned.

Recently, a judge ruled on a case out of Ypsi Twp. and essentially said that Wyoming was about Federal bans and not the MMMA pre-empting restrictive local ordinances.

Of course, I completely disagree with the circuit court, and hope that it is appealed, but it demonstrates a little perspective of how the local governments may be looking at it.

I continue to communicate with the city and offer information for them to consider. The ballot process, which was successful just last year, could possibly come into play, again.

Then why would write a law that makes their local ordinaces have criminal penalties? Every which way you turn you have painted yourself into a corner. Anyone can see that the law you wrote empowers the folks that you are saying did the worng thing. It's doesn't add up that you were against what you are for now. When you add in the part about their overreaching made you a pile of cash, it's really hard to believe that you were so innocent. Impossible to believe it. It's incredible. You have no plausible deniability.