Done!

I think I'm done with this program! Card expires in March and it's been nothing but a

Pain in the keester! I started out with a CG that never returned calls, didn't file paper work,

To one who would cop a attitude because sometimes my pay days didn't align with his travel

To one who isn't bad but either I misunderstood or changed things up. In all it's been nothing

But a pain and bother! Ridiculous pricing, no return calls and attitude have after 2 years have

turned me away from this program.

I see very little "compassion" for the low income patients. Understandably it costs money to be a

CG I'm not saying gimme gimme but seems there's more in it for the almighty $$$ more than

helping those truly in need. It's frustrating, stressful and more of a hassle then what it's worth.

Sorry had to vent/rant. I do believe in it as medicine and I do believe it helps. Helps me tons

But darn even Astra Zeneca cuts low income folks a break!

so bummed when I hear these reports. sorry you had the negative experience.

The interview process is maybe the most important aspect of your relationship.

The assurance of mutually met expectations is paramount to a successful registry.

I see no reason to cut your nose off to spite your face though, and urge you to continue

with your medical treatment, for best results. I've had patients that have registered

as many as five cg's in a two yr period, before they found me, or another suitable one.

With so many relationship dynamics in the cg/patient relationship, its no wonder so many

stones are left unturned. It turns out that just "growing the best" is not enough for any patient.

what city is nearest you, you never know.....

better fortuna in your future.

Just hang in there like grass says, Ive been thru the same b.s but only with my 1st c.g, I know how to grow but ive always felt the need for a c.g also, so im my lady's c.g and I have a c.g, If anything happens I have my c.g to count on, Ive had this one for at least 4 yrs now, I pay him when I want, I must have a different deal than you, but beleive me when ive had problems of my own in the grow room, My c.g was there for me, with meds and advise, and when ever I wanted to give him money for his services, I pretty much had to tackle him and shove it in his ____ lol

I realy dont take alot to get your self a lil set up to grow your own, you can grow in a lil closet or get a lil grow tent, you can grow with t-5's (flouresents) and a few fans, ebay has whole kits, htg supply has whole kits for a realy good price, maybe a lil over what an oz costs! If you cant get your wife/mate/what ever to be a pt for you, You can get a c.g and maintain your plant possesion, the c.g can help you at your home with your growing pains, and also continue getting a supply of meds for you and your pt!

It has worked out good for me, and Im sure you can make it work for you!

I hope you have a better day!

Happy Holidays!

Peace

I've found many cg's to have at least one of those similar relationships as phaq's. We all meet perfect patients for the garden, but without adequate funds to help with costs. sometimes in my garden I can accept those patients, like when a heavy user moves, and I'm left with future months of his expected production. This is a great time to help me maintain my perpetual growing schedule, and at the same time, provide discounted meds to a good person.

I'm glad you found that Phaq, I don't think its all that rare, and patients should continue interviewing until they locate their perfect cg. I always suggest to both cg's and patients that no compromises be made, and all details be ironed out before a commitment is made. both parties have a responsibility to each other not to be taken lightly imo.

B&T--

The marijuana on the street, the buds I've seen for years, is not usually the tops of a harvest, but the shorts. Its the early harvest nobody else wants, or the crappy genetics, or a half expressed plant. Worthless in imo. I saw the same product, not always, but often at dispensaries. But when a grower is sitting behind his stash at a table in an open market, he is proud of his work, and happy to display it. I would rather buy from the grower, than the bud tender at a dispensary or the street.

Best protection is offered to marijuana users when they have followed the directions of the state, and waited until their status has been approved. Any deviation from the state instructions has shown us added expenses, raids, arrests, and loss of property. I highly suggest, for best results, that all rules are followed as written.

I don't think its in the best interest for us to inform patients they don't have to participate in the program in order to smoke marijuana.

you could provide the best evidence for that advice, as you tried it, and it cost you a lot. maybe an approved application, a hard card would have saved you the trouble of a raid/arrest?

Sure people lie, all the time, but asking the right questions can help expose a liar.

I've never met a criminal that wasn't a liar, for thought.

I will take a moment to vent a little bit too.

I have said "I'm Done" more than once. Trying to keep 5 patients fully happy sometimes seems to be impossible. Some patients want it all free. Some patients want more and more and more. My guess is because they are not using it but selling it and for a good profit too. I have had patients that demand only the top nugs of only one strain, no exceptions. Sometimes it seems impossible to fulfill all of my patients demands. I can't really say that I have had complaints or whatnot, but I have had a lot of stress.

Others have offered some good advice in the posts above. It is very important to interview and see what the needs are from each party. For example: Say I get a new patient that mass consumes and is pretty much paying for the grow expenses. This patient can afford it and is more than happy to pay. However, they want more than what I am able to provide from the 4 plants in the flower room (out of their 12 plants). Oil can easily consume mass amounts of buds for a patient depending upon their need. So anyway, if I have a patient who demands more than what is viable to supply, that is when I look for a patient that has minimal needs that I will offer either free meds or at a deeply discounted compensation. Like they only consume 1/4 oz per week and that is all they really want. In a situation like this, I may offer it to them for free if they only require 1 oz per month. That works for them and it makes it to where I can supply the other patient with a higher demand. Vice verse, I have a patient that I treat for free but I need the expenses covered, so I look for a patient that is willing and able to compensate an average fee that may consume 2 ounces or more per month and that help recover costs for the grow.

There are so many variables to consider when accepting a patient or caregiver. It is very important to me to be able to meet my patients needs. Interviewing is key in the attempt to keep each party happy or at least satisfied.

In my opinion, it is always best to grow for yourself whenever possible. It is not a good feeling having to rely on others to meet your needs. Even when you have plenty of monetary support. It can leave one feeling somewhat helpless.

I am solving my problem, I am not done with the program, but after 4 years of basically supplying 5 patients, well, I need a bit of a break. Compassion can very easily be taken advantage of. Compassion works both ways, and these days, there is a huge lack in compassion and equally lack of support for compassionate people. Compassion is demanded but not supported morally. We live in such a fast paced society and it is all me, me, me. What can I get, not what can I do or give. People can get mad because I am tired, I need a break. I want to take a year off. I have been, and will continue to let some of my CG cards expire. The patients are aware of it and are in process of seeking an alternative, I hope. I am planning on downsizing to a couple of my current low income patients. They don't consume much and I give them free meds each month that basically meets their needs. That will take a lot of pressure off of me. I plan on doing this for at least a year. Need some time to regroup. Growing has been a bit of a ball and chain on my life. A lot of people think that there are big bucks in it. All I see is a lot of labor with low payback. Big bucks, well that is for the hustlers.

I think a contract is good too. Not for the typical contract reasons, but just as a reminder to each other what the initial agreement was. If either party is stepping out of bounds, you can turn to the contract as a reminder. Maybe contract is not the correct term, maybe just a written agreement, signed by each party.

I hope you can find a caregiver that can meet your needs. If you look hard enough, you should be able to get what you need.

I went through 2 cg before I desided to fill out the paper work and do this for my self.. I also said I was done a couple times but stuck with this site witch has helped me tons to flower my plants and grow for my self.. the cost was low and the results have been outstanding in my first year.. I have 2 healthy plants that are in flower and are 30 days from producing plenty.. so hang in there and keep your head high ......

I can't stop liking you more and more growgoddess, with every honest word!  thanks for sharing. Our entire life is different because we grow for pennies to provide to five people. I think it's a misunderstood provision, defined by those doing it for nefarious reasons. If this had anything to do with the money, I can tell the two of us would be growing for ourselves, back in the tent.

peace

I have said "I'm Done" more than once. Trying to keep 5 patients fully happy sometimes seems to be impossible. Some patients want it all free. Some patients want more and more and more. My guess is because they are not using it but selling it and for a good profit too. I have had patients that demand only the top nugs of only one strain, no exceptions. Sometimes it seems impossible to fulfill all of my patients demands. I can't really say that I have had complaints or whatnot, but I have had a lot of stress.

Others have offered some good advice in the posts above. It is very important to interview and see what the needs are from each party. For example: Say I get a new patient that mass consumes and is pretty much paying for the grow expenses. This patient can afford it and is more than happy to pay. However, they want more than what I am able to provide from the 4 plants in the flower room (out of their 12 plants). Oil can easily consume mass amounts of buds for a patient depending upon their need. So anyway, if I have a patient who demands more than what is viable to supply, that is when I look for a patient that has minimal needs that I will offer either free meds or at a deeply discounted compensation. Like they only consume 1/4 oz per week and that is all they really want. In a situation like this, I may offer it to them for free if they only require 1 oz per month. That works for them and it makes it to where I can supply the other patient with a higher demand. Vice verse, I have a patient that I treat for free but I need the expenses covered, so I look for a patient that is willing and able to compensate an average fee that may consume 2 ounces or more per month and that help recover costs for the grow.

There are so many variables to consider when accepting a patient or caregiver. It is very important to me to be able to meet my patients needs. Interviewing is key in the attempt to keep each party happy or at least satisfied.

In my opinion, it is always best to grow for yourself whenever possible. It is not a good feeling having to rely on others to meet your needs. Even when you have plenty of monetary support. It can leave one feeling somewhat helpless.

I am solving my problem, I am not done with the program, but after 4 years of basically supplying 5 patients, well, I need a bit of a break. Compassion can very easily be taken advantage of. Compassion works both ways, and these days, there is a huge lack in compassion and equally lack of support for compassionate people. Compassion is demanded but not supported morally. We live in such a fast paced society and it is all me, me, me. What can I get, not what can I do or give. People can get mad because I am tired, I need a break. I want to take a year off. I have been, and will continue to let some of my CG cards expire. The patients are aware of it and are in process of seeking an alternative, I hope. I am planning on downsizing to a couple of my current low income patients. They don't consume much and I give them free meds each month that basically meets their needs. That will take a lot of pressure off of me. I plan on doing this for at least a year. Need some time to regroup. Growing has been a bit of a ball and chain on my life. A lot of people think that there are big bucks in it. All I see is a lot of labor with low payback. Big bucks, well that is for the hustlers.

I think a contract is good too. Not for the typical contract reasons, but just as a reminder to each other what the initial agreement was. If either party is stepping out of bounds, you can turn to the contract as a reminder. Maybe contract is not the correct term, maybe just a written agreement, signed by each party.

I hope you can find a caregiver that can meet your needs. If you look hard enough, you should be able to get what you need.

I've found many cg's to have at least one of those similar relationships as phaq's. We all meet perfect patients for the garden, but without adequate funds to help with costs. sometimes in my garden I can accept those patients, like when a heavy user moves, and I'm left with future months of his expected production. This is a great time to help me maintain my perpetual growing schedule, and at the same time, provide discounted meds to a good person.

I'm glad you found that Phaq, I don't think its all that rare, and patients should continue interviewing until they locate their perfect cg. I always suggest to both cg's and patients that no compromises be made, and all details be ironed out before a commitment is made. both parties have a responsibility to each other not to be taken lightly imo.

B&T--

The marijuana on the street, the buds I've seen for years, is not usually the tops of a harvest, but the shorts. Its the early harvest nobody else wants, or the crappy genetics, or a half expressed plant. Worthless in imo. I saw the same product, not always, but often at dispensaries. But when a grower is sitting behind his stash at a table in an open market, he is proud of his work, and happy to display it. I would rather buy from the grower, than the bud tender at a dispensary or the street.

Best protection is offered to marijuana users when they have followed the directions of the state, and waited until their status has been approved. Any deviation from the state instructions has shown us added expenses, raids, arrests, and loss of property. I highly suggest, for best results, that all rules are followed as written.

I don't think its in the best interest for us to inform patients they don't have to participate in the program in order to smoke marijuana.

you could provide the best evidence for that advice, as you tried it, and it cost you a lot. maybe an approved application, a hard card would have saved you the trouble of a raid/arrest?

Sure people lie, all the time, but asking the right questions can help expose a liar.

I've never met a criminal that wasn't a liar, for thought.

OK i agree i also used to feel the same way as you i can read and it is my own opinion that being approved by someone that works at or inn an office is not the person that does the approving it's the Doctor

Thank you

being a great Caregiver is hard work and a Caregiver has to do more then just grow Cannabis you seem to have done all of it

When we all learn to use the word 'fairness' instead of 'compassion' the medical cannabis world will be more real with less hurt feelings and false expectations. Many people equate compassion to getting something for nothing from a soft target. And those folks revolve their lives around;  "It's good because it's free".  That's a one way street that has a dead end.

All I can say is this, if you think growing non stop,never out,always the best bunny muffin is easy or cheap and not hard as hell. Then get you a light and have at it.Simple as that. See how free it ISN'T. You think you can care for 5 patients,non stop,never,out and the best bunny muffin always for cheap?? Then get you a light or 10 and have at it..... Simple as that. I've seen more fair caregivers close down due to patients wanting to take advantage of them,, wanting cheap or free bunny muffin, then I can shake a stick at. Makes me sick............. Go get you a light and have at it.... SIMPLE AS THAT........

After going through 2 cg I have gotten plenty of lights and I'm having at it..very easy I think to grow great meds kapt.. ive been doing this for almost 6 months and have next to no problems.. I have it set up were I will produce a plant every month and yes free I have put next to nothing in my growth.. what's a little soil and nutes there not very expensive.. and the hoods and lights thanks to friends that owe me I didn't spend squat : ) o I forgot about the time i have in it what's time crap we all have it Lol....

I have to agree, now that I'm in the grow for years. Easy, not at the beginning. Marijuana forums are all over the map with erroneous advice concerning genetics, temps, nutrient supply, and atmosphere parameters.. The weed will grow in a driveway crack, I've seen it. I've seen them in cold moldy attics, moms closets, behind the garage, and even on the windowsill. Qualifying some of those as "medical marijuana"  maybe a different story.

grow your own, you wont regret it !

Growing your own is easier than you may think. The right combination of soil, water, and nutes will produce really fine stuff. One 400watt light will do 4 plants.

I would like to know how to grow for pennies? even high times magazine says 75cents per gram is doing awesome. cargivers do all the work!!! if your not happy with your cg grow your own, tired of people bitching about there cg .its so easy to grow and cheap what ever!!

I can't stop liking you more and more growgoddess, with every honest word!  thanks for sharing. Our entire life is different because we grow for pennies to provide to five people. I think it's a misunderstood provision, defined by those doing it for nefarious reasons. If this had anything to do with the money, I can tell the two of us would be growing for ourselves, back in the tent.

peace

Edited by bigwurm69

don't misunderstand bigwurm69. I see the post is a bit perplexing, lets try it this way.  "We get pennies" to grow, not we grow for pennies, as donations.

Factor in labor and you'll see what I'm talking about.

If I was growing to make money, I'd stop at once, and admit failure in this legal scheme currently.

75 cents a gram is ridiculous growing cost within our legal framework, riddled with restrictions on plant count, outdoor growing, harvest weights, and kwh costs. Security, legal fees, gasoline for delivery, generators, are costly, and required. My new gens cost me 8.8 pounds(@ .75$gram), you can do the math with bulbs, ballasts, ac units, and the rest.

a person growing a few autos on their back porch is not what I'm talking about, but providing full time to five patients, and only to them. tossing a seed behind the garage and adding water miracle grow will hit the 75 cent mark maybe, but who wants that crap?  some don't mind, and they should be growing their own!

I would like to know how to grow for pennies? even high times magazine says 75cents per gram is doing awesome. cargivers do all the work!!! if your not happy with your cg grow your own, tired of people bitching about there cg .its so easy to grow and cheap what ever!!

I am tired of caregivers saying it is so easy to start a grow and everyone should be growing their own.

Is this based on your own situation or a few friends situations?  Judge not others station or postition in

life. 

Not everyone can grow marijuana let alone med grade marijuana.  I understand fully how much goes into

even the simplest of grows, believe me I DO!

I am just tired of the high horse mentality of some people and not necessarily directed at anyone posting here.

My situation made it impossible for me to grow and stay with in local ordinance.  I can not afford to move so...

I found a caregiver, then another caregiver.  Now, I am on my own due to my living situation changing. Good

for me, bad that the School closed.

I was also blessed with winning a light, hood and ballast + some seeds in a raffle ($40). I saved up for a tent, drilled some holes, started the seeds and off I went.  I have a green thumb and have no doubt that I can grow cannabis, sure might take a while to get 'med grade', oh well it is what it is.

1st plant I finally get into flower turns out to be male.. great ;)

So I have a little set back, whooptie been worse.  Then, we have a major power outage, luckily I was able to take

my little ones to warmth and safety... were they stressed?  Yep.  Will I stop trying, NOPE. 

What about those hospice patients?  What about those with severe mobility restrictions? What about those who live

in public housing or have a Sec 8 voucher...  What about any of the possiblities that fall outside of the realm of your

life experiences ?

These among other reasons is why I believe the system we have in place is in place.  Not all in the program can grow, period.

Resto,

Life isn't fair, never has been and never will be.  Compassion keeps us alive.

BLESS ALL YOU CAREGIVERS AND PATIENTS FOR YOUR COMPASSION!!! :blow-a-heart:

Edited by imiubu

I often remind myself of those I cannot help. More important to me than a poor person not having marijuana to smoke, are the hoards of people gathering for a free meal every day in all of our towns. I try to imagine how wonderful it would be if us caregivers and patients would just feed 5 people today. This makes the medical marijuana show tiny in comparison. We should not lose sight of the important things in life. There have always been marijuana users, some went without until they could afford more, some sold it to afford their own, and some grew their own. I see this program as an overseeing eye to our follies, not free weed for anyone not willing to pay for it all of a sudden. There are millions that need proven medical treatments and cannot afford them, they need food, but cant buy it. I see these types at the food bank and its sickening how we are concerned with the little things, like pot smokers who cant afford the drug. seems silly after years of prohibition, and scrounging empties to afford my own baggie. but that's just me.  

Im sorry for my demeanor grassmatch I to am a caregiver,and have great compassion for people.my patients in general, but to produce the top shelf meds that they require is vary costly. You are right we grow for pennies and take all the risk. I hope the law changes for the better the current setup is wrong. There is no compassion for the terminal ill they cant get meds the day they are certified.Im sorry for the last post! im sure you are a too a compassionate man.

don't misunderstand bigwurm69. I see the post is a bit perplexing, lets try it this way.  "We get pennies" to grow, not we grow for pennies, as donations.

Factor in labor and you'll see what I'm talking about.

If I was growing to make money, I'd stop at once, and admit failure in this legal scheme currently.

75 cents a gram is ridiculous growing cost within our legal framework, riddled with restrictions on plant count, outdoor growing, harvest weights, and kwh costs. Security, legal fees, gasoline for delivery, generators, are costly, and required. My new gens cost me 8.8 pounds(@ .75$gram), you can do the math with bulbs, ballasts, ac units, and the rest.

a person growing a few autos on their back porch is not what I'm talking about, but providing full time to five patients, and only to them. tossing a seed behind the garage and adding water miracle grow will hit the 75 cent mark maybe, but who wants that crap?  some don't mind, and they should be growing their own!

Im sorry for my demeanor grassmatch I to am a caregiver,and have great compassion for people.my patients in general, but to produce the top shelf meds that they require is vary costly. You are right we grow for pennies and take all the risk. I hope the law changes for the better the current setup is wrong. There is no compassion for the terminal ill they cant get meds the day they are certified.Im sorry for the last post! im sure you are a too a compassionate man.

the SC said otherwise.

a patient can absolutely get meds from any source once the doctor has signed their certification.

they are section 8 compliant the moment the doctor approves and signs the certification.. they only have to wait for a caregiver to grow and prepare cannabis specifically for them if they are trying to remain section 4 compliant.

the MI SC said the patient is safe to procure cannabis from any source.  It is the person transferring to them that has to worry... not the patient.

in the case of a terminal patent i have helped them right away... and would likely do it again.  it is case by case specific and up to each person to weigh out the cost vs the reward.