Done!

I am tired of caregivers saying it is so easy to start a grow and everyone should be growing their own.

Is this based on your own situation or a few friends situations?  Judge not others station or postition in

life.

That's what people need to hear.  It's true.  It's what people have heard all along, before the medical program came along.  It's one piece of timeless information discovered by those driven to be successful at growing pot.   It's the piece of information people got before anyone needed to ask permission to grow, or needed a license.

Compassion, gifts, care - these are all things the few and lucky come across in life.  These are a rarefied gift, a privilege.  Not a right.  Not a responsibility of a third party.

Plus, everyone seeking compassion should start in their own backyard.  Where are your children, brothers, sisters, parents, aunts, uncles and nephews?

That's purely rhetorical, by the way.

It's kind of absurd to think that an army of perfect strangers would come together and help each other as family, when most people's own family won't or can't help them out.

Nobody owes a patient that isn't their immediate family.  It's easy to start a grow.  Take the advice and pass it along.  It's what needs to be said to get that prospective grower growing.  Saying here's how and showing it is something everyone has to decide on their own.

As I remember it, the cannabis community was always two things.  Tough and willing to help, those willing to help their self.

That's what people need to hear.  It's true.  It's what people have heard all along, before the medical program came along.  It's one piece of timeless information discovered by those driven to be successful at growing pot.   It's the piece of information people got before anyone needed to ask permission to grow, or needed a license.

Compassion, gifts, care - these are all things the few and lucky come across in life.  These are a rarefied gift, a privilege.  Not a right.  Not a responsibility of a third party.

Plus, everyone seeking compassion should start in their own backyard.  Where are your children, brothers, sisters, parents, aunts, uncles and nephews?

It's kind of absurd to think that an army of perfect strangers would come together and help each other as family, when most people's own family won't or can't help them out.

Nobody owes a patient that isn't their immediate family.  It's easy to start a grow.  Take the advice and pass it along.  It's what needs to be said to get that prospective grower growing.  Saying here's how and showing it is something everyone has to decide on their own.

As I remember it, the cannabis community was always two things.  Tough and willing to help, those willing to help their self.

Thanks

everyone seeking compassion should start in their own backyard.  Where are your children, brothers, sisters, parents, aunts, uncles and nephews?

​sorry but some don't have any of the above 

I will be the first to admit growing med grade mm is not easy, it takes doing it, making the mistakes all growers have made, having the place to grow and the equipt to do it!

But like any other thing I have ever done I got over the bumps in the road, I killed quite a few of my first plants, I killed all of my first dwc plants, I killed alot of plants before I got one to crop lmao!  I guess the only difference is I also had a good c.g supplying me with meds while I was going thru my growing pains.

I am a pt, I have a c.g and Im a c.g to my lady!  so when i started back up growing I was covered either way. my c.g was supplying me with meds and it was for both me and my pt/lady, and once my grow was up and running my c.g didnt have to do anything for me realy, we kinda take care of each other now, and my c.g was no one I knew until I got into the program!

There are good c.g's out there and if you take your time and look/meet face to face, sample some meds, you will finaly find one like I did! 

My first c.g was a thief, so I can relate!

Peace

But conceptually its good to hear. It's reflective, I stopped and reflected on mine for a moment

Side note: I had a interviewing patient today after two weeks of coordinating with them, now tell me there not ok with paperwork....you mean where you have to list conditions, allergies, your doctor.....give feedback on meds....funny how quality and price aren't my biggest push offs to patients, its because they have to have a medical.focus for.there medical cannabis.....I'm not DONE due to this, but it gets on ya!

I am tired of caregivers saying it is so easy to start a grow and everyone should be growing their own.

Is this based on your own situation or a few friends situations?  Judge not others station or postition in

life. 

Not everyone can grow marijuana let alone med grade marijuana.  I understand fully how much goes into

even the simplest of grows, believe me I DO!

What is so hard about it? It's no harder than any other plant.

There are of course situations where people are either physically incapable of managing a grow or just don't have the room to do it, but generally speaking it is no harder than growing tomatoes or anything else.

I'm afraid many people get spooked when they read comments like this. Or when they go into a grow store and are told they first need to invest several thousand dollars in equipment. They could be growing their own meds but are afraid to start.

There's a learning curve like anything else but it's not magic. Med grade to me means free of insects, mold and any other foreign substance that might be found on cannabis. Some seem to feel that if it doesn't look like a High Times centerfold it's no good.

For those who are afraid to try, plant a seed today and give it a shot, it's not as hard as you've been lead to believe.

All you need to get started is a seed or a cutting, some potting soil and a fluorescent light.

There are of course situations where people are either physically incapable of managing a grow or just don't have the room to do it, but generally speaking it is no harder than growing tomatoes or anything else.

I'm afraid many people get spooked when they read comments like this. Or when they go into a grow store and are told they first need to invest several thousand dollars in equipment. They could be growing their own meds but are afraid to start.

There's a learning curve like anything else but it's not magic. Med grade to me means free of insects, mold and any other foreign substance that might be found on cannabis. Some seem to feel that if it doesn't look like a High Times centerfold it's no good.

For those who are afraid to try, plant a seed today and give it a shot, it's not as hard as you've been lead to believe.

All you need to get started is a seed or a cutting, some potting soil and a fluorescent light.

Thanks and i do agree but it's the risk factor for most that are afraid and that maybe the way Leo would have it

Professional growers have a habit of making it seem hard to grow.  Because then you'd figure out that you too could just grow it for $100 for 8 ounces, instead of paying $2,400 for 8 ounces.

I draw the line at the quality debate.  There is a big difference between growing some pot, and growing $300 an ounce commercial quality marihuana. 

That's reflected by the fact that most doing it, really can't do it.  IMO of sampling dispensary pot all over the tri-county area for about a year on a weekly basis.

We're coming from a time where anything from Seedbay half way decently grown was worth $300 an ounce, to a time where people aren't afraid of buying, it's more acceptable and more competitive. 

Pro quality costs more, and dare I say a lot, because you need more equipment to compete with your own growing ability.

But to slam 12 plants under a 400 watt lamp doesn't take all that much skill or effort.  Now, if you're bed ridden, different story.  But I see a wide shopping population full of people not completely disabled or unable to grow.

I grow for my mom, who is in fact 100% legitimately disabled.  Should be in a wheelchair, but prefers to walk with 2 canes and no help.  That's what I do to help out.  Those shaming perfect strangers should start shaming their children.

I grow for my mom, who is in fact 100% legitimately disabled.  Should be in a wheelchair, but prefers to walk with 2 canes and no help.  That's what I do to help out.  Those shaming perfect strangers should start shaming their children.

Well said.  I have met with a few patients who really are just about broke and expected free meds. And I feel for them.  But each one had at least one kid/sibling/spouse who had the health and location that they could be a CG.  So, yeah, why do I have perfect strangers expecting me to do more for them than their own family does?  Why should I bust my behind to grow meds for free when your kid and his wife are out bombing around on a $10,000 snowmobile?

Imagine if the Salvation Army bell ringers did this....that every time you walked out of a store in December, they heckled you and told you how terrible you are for buying a TV instead of dumping $200 into the red can.  Forced charity simply doesn't work.

Edited by Highlander

Guys and gals......please listen up and be wise before changing times....a caregiver is indispensable....but you must create autonomy in your profession ( skill offerings unique to your profession, expertise in it ).

I don't grow a plant. You can do that ( in general)

I grow meds, with a focus from which medium if right to what harvest window is right for your body. Most others so not do it LIKE this.

I look for genes with unique med properties, I pay for testing of some strains, I have tools to treat conditions, and I can bend them to be waking you up or putting you to sleep. You may or may not have this knowledge and ability, but I expect to so it better, its my job.

I'll work with you to see if the meds are a good fit, spend time understanding your condition, be a partner in health for you.....

These are a few examples of what we can work towards for autonomy in our profession....but you have to collect feedback, do legit patient interviews, prove your indispensable.......

I don't want to say this so patients here it....I want you caregivers to think before big pharmas kicking your donkey outta your profession, because they ate gonna buy strains, put a patent, and sell that plant with medical potential because we haven't proven autonomy in making that plant a med, and they CAN put a good looking plant on the shelf.

These are all imho opinion but I hope some minds think, and plan, because I want you to have a job, I want the patient to have legit meds, and I want you to be able to make a good living and people understand why your the beat way for meds, even at 300 or whatever ( someone mention 300 as too much, for a plant maybe, for customized meds relief and a caregiver....hell of a deal.

Doing grow the right way is expensive, and the real caregivers bring a product worthy of the price they pay.....and pharma knows what you pay to dispensary, so get ready for.some bad 300 dollars if you don't wanna.support individuals in Michigan's economy.....

Can I get an amen???

(I wish I could say that to my ultra religious neighborhood LOL*

Peace

Imho charging 250-300 an ounce is just wrong

Thats great! but it is your opinion, I agree with you but, The people who realy need to agree on price is the pt and c.g connected together thru the registry, there is no law that says you can only get this much for compensation, that is where the c.g pt interviews are very important, that is also why pts need to take a lil time and connect with the right c.g,  a good c.g will be able to talk to you for a month or 2 and let you sample thier meds (use your imagination on that one) until you both agree or disagree and move on, dont expect anything for free, I know if I was interveiwing pts, I would realy want a way to make sure the meds I have would be good for what the pt needs it for, yes it is against our law for the c.g to supply a non registered pt, meaning not registered to the c.g, but maybe we need to get a lil bit of a time limit to try to get pts what they need and vise versa w/o worrying about breaking the law!

as it is now a c.g cant legaly let a pt that is not registered to them thru the registry get samples from them w/o the risk of arrest! I dont know the answer to making a legal time period for pt's and c.g's to see if what they  have is a match for both!  the pt dont have to worry about arrest but the c.g has to worry if they are not connected yet, so here we have a c.g with all of his/her equip on the line, all of their possesions on the line and thier freedom on the line, trying to make sure that a pt gets what they need to help with their ailments!  It dont seem to fair, so this is where we are stuck, do we take chances and let the prospective pt have some samples of our meds at risk of arrest or do we sign the pt first and if it dont work out the pt can change c.g or take their plant possesion back!

The last example is the only way to do it legaly and not worry about breaking the mmma law! boy what a hassle, I guess if despenses are open legaly along with supply centers, that can get their meds from legal c.g's we can send a pt to the place we sell our overages too, but I dont like that idea any how!  I guess we are caught between a budd and a hard place eh?

Peace

life. 

Not everyone can grow marijuana let alone med grade marijuana.  I understand fully how much goes into

even the simplest of grows, believe me I DO!

I am just tired of the high horse mentality of some people and not necessarily directed at anyone posting here.

My situation made it impossible for me to grow and stay with in local ordinance.  I can not afford to move so...

I found a caregiver, then another caregiver.  Now, I am on my own due to my living situation changing. Good

for me, bad that the School closed.

I was also blessed with winning a light, hood and ballast + some seeds in a raffle ($40). I saved up for a tent, drilled some holes, started the seeds and off I went.  I have a green thumb and have no doubt that I can grow cannabis, sure might take a while to get 'med grade', oh well it is what it is.

1st plant I finally get into flower turns out to be male.. great ;)

So I have a little set back, whooptie been worse.  Then, we have a major power outage, luckily I was able to take

my little ones to warmth and safety... were they stressed?  Yep.  Will I stop trying, NOPE. 

What about those hospice patients?  What about those with severe mobility restrictions? What about those who live

in public housing or have a Sec 8 voucher...  What about any of the possiblities that fall outside of the realm of your

life experiences ?

These among other reasons is why I believe the system we have in place is in place.  Not all in the program can grow, period.

Resto,

Life isn't fair, never has been and never will be.  Compassion keeps us alive.

BLESS ALL YOU CAREGIVERS AND PATIENTS FOR YOUR COMPASSION!!! :blow-a-heart:

Did you read what I wrote, all of it ?

You quoted part of my post.

I was simply stating that I believe there are those in a position in life who are more able to start up a grow.

Others, not so easy.  I was pointing out (I guess rather poorly, due to the quotes of my post) that not ALL

find themselves in a position to be able to grow.  It is of my opinion that is one of the reasons we have this

system of cg/pt.  Without the cg/ pt system... what would said caregivers do?  If all patients grow for

themselves? I mean it is so easy every one can do it.

Thanks

everyone seeking compassion should start in their own backyard.  Where are your children, brothers, sisters, parents, aunts, uncles and nephews?

​sorry but some don't have any of the above 

Thank you Bob.

What is so hard about it WB?  For some, even if they are able of mind and body + have a pretty good green thumb... tis not so 'easy' due to circumstances.

You need to get out more. Head on down to G3C and you will find that you are less hysterical face to face.  And if you need meds now find them on Craig's List. The world is different than what you see when you sit in the house and use the computer as your eyes.

This is an attitude that is despicable, imho. 

There are possibly many shut in people that may benefit from mmj.

You come across less than compassionate at times, imo.

Maybe someone on Craigs will deliver?

Look, I have the same disease you have. I'm not so sure that medical cannabis is going to do for you what you need at this point. You should be happy if it helps you at all. It's not like it is a miracle cure for us. It just helps you through your day.

Really???? You would send patients or anyone for that matter to Craigslist??????? smfh

MY intended POINT:

Try not to group all people who would like to try medical marijuana to see if they recieve benefits or if they already know it helps them, into a group who can actually grow it themselves.

Be careful caregivers... you will "it's easy to grow your own" right out of our system of caregiver / patient.

Have I somehow misinterpreted what the words CAREGIVER & PATIENT mean?

Forgive me, if indeed I have.

Edited by imiubu

Restorium, now you shall have it, politely. You don't read. You nay say, argue, and dont help the convo to many people. maybe this is your preference.. Please stop following my comments as you don't add valid.or.true statement

The part your referring to has no mention to a caregiver making 60-80. That was for a healthcare professional. The reference point in my post was we need to be able to draw in people from these types of enivorments, rationalizing a need for fair wages. That post talked about bringing talent, and productive people to the fight. Right now you are not showing me you are either. I believe that post had a lot of likes including Dr. Bob....so I feel it musta been fair....

Because you just wanted to rant and nay say, you missed the point, made another innappropriate comment and I forgive you for trolling for conflict. Have a wonderful day, utilize me as a source of info when you like my ideas, if you don't. Just pass on by.

Also you asked me.to do math, dear member, you must be able to read before math, walk before crawl, and learn manners before speaking.

* to the community, I'm sorry for allowing a personal rant like this. Will not reply to restorium regardless on this post to avoid bs, and ask you do like I did many times in this convo. Just focus away from the innappropriate, off the cuff comments from any member you don't agree with*

Did you do the math yet? 5 x what a sick person can afford minus expenses.

IMI,

The internet is the internet. Craigs doesn't have a franchise on bad people. What they do have is people trying to sell patients bags. At least I provided a quick fix to an urgent matter. What actually did YOU do to help? Nothing at all and then you complain like usual. Always complaining about someone. Thanks for your efforts, you sure are determined to complain about us all.