Three Arrested In U.p.s.e.t. Marijuana Bust

bobandtorey

BRUCE CROSSING — Three people are behind bars in Ontonagon County after a drug bust in Bruce Crossing Wednesday.

The Upper Peninsula Substance Enforcement Team (U.P.S.E.T.) executed a search warrant at an address on M-28.  When authorities entered the residence, they found 130 marijuana plants, over $6,000 in cash, a firearm, approximately five pounds of processed marijuana, a gallon of suspected hemp oil, and illegal psychedelic mushrooms.

The three suspects were arrested for manufacturing marijuana, with additional charges pending.  Their names are all being withheld until their arraignment.

The ATF, BIA, DEA, the Wakefield Post of the Michigan State Police, the MSP Aviation Section, and troopers for the 8th District Hometown Security Team assisted in the investigation.

http://abc10up.com/three-arrested-in-u-p-s-e-t-marijuana-bust/

was thinking about this....I bet it was some fool letting a jug of naptha soak some floor sweepings, like the tar they sell at dispensaries around here. I've got a slush bucket here with alcohol soaking miscellaneous parts and bits full time for years, like a parts cleaner man. It would probably fetch a pretty penny at a market table! until I just chucked it into the fire pit for a blast. I never considered that jug of "hemp oil" being used against me. geesh, the risks we take..

Heh. 

ATF

BIA

DEA

MSP

MSP aviation team

Troopers from hometown security

You have got to be kidding me. Holy crapola.

Ya got realize that Bruce Crossing is like 10 people in the whole freakin town,... and then.... they used all of that to go after a couple pot growers, non violent, in the middle of nowhere. They could have picked em up with 2 cops at the post office M-F when they pick up their mail because they didn't even have delivery service.

Unreal.

Since they grow wild I don't believe that they are considered illegal until you pick them. Like opium poppies.

I wonder if a walk through shows psilo's in your yard growing wild if you will be arrested? I think so.

recall cannabis also grows wild, but finding it growing in your yard is suddenly illegal. I get it...if nobody sees them, then they are legal !! :yahoo-wave:

People in this area and other parts of the UP have been getting surprise visits the last 2 years from LEOs. Unannounced badge flashing at 8 AM when no one is even awake yet. They check caregivers books, and want to see the plants. Also ask questions about seeds, clones etc. Then tell my caregiver there could be more plants here. Why on earth are we being scrutinized, and why all the questions? Why suggest we have more plants than we need? Last year there was 3 Leos. 1 ATF 2 State Police. This year only 2 of the 3 showed up. We're wondering why us.

"why Us  you ask ? cannabis is not legal is how Leo looks at it and its big money  for them taking your stuff  or maybe someone is dropping names it"s been long enough all  Leo's know that there is a Medical Cannabis Law unseal doing the same as they did before the Law of 2008 

Get a great Doc and see  him for followup visits 

​Send your Rec. to Lansing and get your Car

don't grow to many plants

People will be fine we all know the rules Well maybe we do i talk to people all the time when am out inn about most see my button i wear and not many know what the Law has become today i try and send them here 

Police are all a bunch of scum. And ya, I'm sure some1 will chime in with something like "not all of them." That's like saying you should still go to a restaurant because not all the servers are bad. Not all the cooks blow a lougie into your food. No thanks. The bad ones ruin it for the rest. So no I don't feel bad lumping them all into a pile pile of horseshit.

Police are all a bunch of scum. And ya, I'm sure some1 will chime in with something like "not all of them." That's like saying you should still go to a restaurant because not all the servers are bad. Not all the cooks blow a lougie into your food. No thanks. The bad ones ruin it for the rest. So no I don't feel bad lumping them all into a pile pile of horseshit.

Yeah. I think it all boils down to the "Cop Attitude". They have what some believe to be ultimate power over their fellow man. Some kind of "God Complex" or something. Some cops (the good ones) recognize this in themselves and see no need to display it. These cops have healthy psyches (high self esteem and low ego needs). The bad ones need to constantly pump up their egos by displaying their power. They get a rush (a high if you will) by making other people feel small and scared. There is no better feeling in the world for me than seeing an egomaniac get brought down a notch or two in public. A public ego flogging.

People in this area and other parts of the UP have been getting surprise visits the last 2 years from LEOs. Unannounced badge flashing at 8 AM when no one is even awake yet. 

hey, bud:  no openeee thee door to thine residence.  if they gots a warrant they are coming in on their own thru the door with a ram, but you don't, don't talk or open the door.

when my son was younger I used to tell him stories of bullies, and how their victims all become police officers. I left it to him to figure out why and how that could affect a bully, some for the rest of their life. My dad used to say "A person capable of managing this post properly would also inherently be wise enough to pass on the employment opportunity".

But now I fear a different type of player may be interested in this position. The allure of secret piles of cash or drugs unseen by anyone, the rush of carrying a full auto firearm, dressing up like GI Joe, sneaking into peoples homes in the middle of the night just for a peak of skibbies and bits.....may be attracting other types now.

Cops high on power and steroids!  they break the law more than anyone who grows or uses by the rules!

I have been out partyiing with a cop, and while driving thru mt.clemens he broke out his 9mm and was firing out the window!!!!!

back in the day there used to only be a few azz hole cops in any dept and the rest would make us pour out or booze and mj, the power hungry ones arrested your butt, before computers cops didnt want to write up all of their arressts in a shift so they let alot of people slide, but than again they were not pumped up on steroids just booze!

my old man used to get dropped off  at home and take a nap daily with his walkie on his big ole belly bawahahahaha!

Peace

BRUCE CROSSING — Three people are behind bars in Ontonagon County after a drug bust in Bruce Crossing Wednesday.

The Upper Peninsula Substance Enforcement Team (U.P.S.E.T.) executed a search warrant at an address on M-28.  When authorities entered the residence, they found 130 marijuana plants, over $6,000 in cash, a firearm, approximately five pounds of processed marijuana, a gallon of suspected hemp oil, and illegal psychedelic mushrooms.

The three suspects were arrested for manufacturing marijuana, with additional charges pending.  Their names are all being withheld until their arraignment.

The ATF, BIA, DEA, the Wakefield Post of the Michigan State Police, the MSP Aviation Section, and troopers for the 8th District Hometown Security Team assisted in the investigation.

http://abc10up.com/three-arrested-in-u-p-s-e-t-marijuana-bust/

Edited by bobandtorey

Heh. 

ATF

BIA

DEA

MSP

MSP aviation team

Troopers from hometown security

You have got to be kidding me. Holy crapola.

Ya got realize that Bruce Crossing is like 10 people in the whole freakin town,... and then.... they used all of that to go after a couple pot growers, non violent, in the middle of nowhere. They could have picked em up with 2 cops at the post office M-F when they pick up their mail because they didn't even have delivery service.

Unreal.

In NYS they had 7-8 enforcement teams for 6(yes just 6) plants.  They are using a lot of this to coordinate state, fed and local forces under "training".  I don't know if this is the case here but they are using overkill everywhere.  The amount they spend on helicopter flyover for 8 hours a day for 3 days around the confiscation of 6 plants in a corn field, for intimidation purposes, must be no small fee either.  Eventually, (hopefully) they'll run out of other people's money.

Since they declared money is speech in donating to campaigns, wouldn't we be able to withhold the portion of taxes used to go after people trying to supply us patients with medicine?  It's legal for us to acquire from anywhere so any mj bust is potentially our medicine. It could be our voice against using our money to reduce the supply of our medicine? Guess I'm reaching but if people's united could pass I bet enough money could do it.  Doesn't always take logic.

Edited by Norby

Same people here were skewering Overholt for his oil charge, yet these guys are caught way over limit, and with psychedelics, and y'all want to give them a pass because of heavy handed enforcement. That many cops don't show up to bust up a party. Those people obviously got caught up moving stuff, and they should pay the price.

Magic Mushrooms Found to Treat Illness
Added by Lindsey Alexander on March 9, 2014.

Saved under HealthLindsey Alexander

Tags: alternative medicinemagic mushrooms

Read more at http://guardianlv.com/2014/03/magic-mushrooms-found-to-treat-illness/#8cxe7BsT2V5KLOs3.99

Heroin was also sold by pharmaceutical companies in the late 1800's and early 1900's as a pain reliever and more notably sold by bayer as a cough suppressant. Your right mal nobody should be arrested for drug use, my point was simply that you can't skewer one person for being open and trying to change things, but not skewer the guy who's selling pounds of herb, caught over limits (that's giving him a lot of cred, no mention of medical) and has pounds of mushrooms. Medical and recreational are two different things, they should be treated as such. In a recreational market, we should still have medical mj prescribed by doctors, and grown in contaminate free conditions. The laws on producing recreational could be loosely regulated, without the astringent regs that medical should have. You guys need to start seeing things on a national level. If it's legalized federally allowing for medical and recreational, don't you want the assurance that what your putting in your body is contaminate free, you wouldn't eat a burger if you knew the cook never washed his hands. That's one of the biggest problem with it being illegal, no regulations, meaning the Indiana dirt weed that been sitting in a barrel in a farmers basement for the past 5 years makes it I to market the same as your pesticide free organic cannabis.

Edited by slipstar059