What Percentage Of Your Medication Came From Dispensaries?

142 members have voted

1. 1. What percentage of your medication came from dispensaries?

• 0 - 10%
    • 10 - 20%
    • 20 - 30%
    • 30 - 40%
    • 40 - 50%
    • 50 - 60%
    • 60 - 70%
    • 70 - 80%
    • 80 - 90%
    • 90 - 100%

You are absolutely right, and I repeat those same words at our cc meetings

It is very sound advice, but there is no guarantee that people will follow it. There is also no guarantee that you won't fall victim to an undercover cop with a good sob story.

That will be the next line of attack. Bet on it.

The best solution would be to engage in an unconnected transfer with another patient or caregiver, until said patient could be self reliant.

I don't know if you have heard, but that sort of activity is not exactly legal.

...unless you consider that it is protected under section 8. A short and simple written affirmation that a pt and unregistered caregiver are engaged in medical use, and proof of physician stated medical need, to be kept soleley between those parties, would establish more than adequate protected connection under the AD. If the parties are cozy enough, they can and should forego any paper trail. In these instances, we can and should enjoy the confidentiality and privacy that the law provides under section 8, so long as the parties agree.

Is that or is it not legal?

Edited by GregS

Well wtf!

It looks like the problem is solved!

Nobody responded that they can't get any meds!

I guess the crisis is over. We've managed to somehow get by without the dispensaries.

You got a word in edge wise in your own thread eh? did ya expect all of this? :yahoo-wave: YES!

Peace

Jim

And please stop pretending people are at deaths door because the dispensary closed. If anything, with them closing there is going to be a glut of MMJ on the market waiting for a home. Also LEO is not going out looking for caregivers that are interested in signing patients in full compliance with the law, nor are they going to pretend to be terminally ill in order to get an unconnected transfer. I will state right here and now if someone comes to me and is in need and not just looking to get stoned card or not I am going to hand them some meds. If I get pinched for helping a cancer patients stop puking his/her guts up I will take my lumps. No fear

As will I, we are the brave ones that engaged in medical use before it was approved by the voters. We have seen lawn forcement engage in much dirtier tactics then posing as a terminally ill patient. I don't see why at least some agencies wouldnt engage in such conduct. It is low hanging fruit for them.

...unless you consider that it is protected under section 8. A short and simple written affirmation that a pt and unregistered caregiver are engaged in medical use, and proof of physician stated medical need, to be kept soleley between those parties, would establish more than adequate protected connection under the AD. If the parties are cozy enough, they can and should forego any paper trail. In these instances, we can and should enjoy the confidentiality and privacy that the law provides under section 8, so long as the parties agree.

Is that or is it not legal?

I believe that it would be legal, but you would still have to go to court to prove that. Which in and of itself is punishment.

Edited by Northern Lab

As will I, we are the brave ones that engaged in medical use before it was approved by the voters. We have seen lawn forcement engage in much dirtier tactics then posing as a terminally ill patient. I don't see why at least some agencies wouldnt engage in such conduct. It is low hanging fruit for them.

I believe that it would be legal, but you would still have to go to court to prove that. Which in and of itself is punishment.

We are soon to find out how difficult a clear-cut affirmative defense, one that unambiguously meets all requirements, is to mount, with or without the help or an attorney, Aside from some instant cases, there will no doubt be many that come before the court. We will be watching those cases. If it becomes clear that it can be done simply by staying at a Holiday Inn Express, the courts might be jammed with them, resulting in wasted time and resources, only to fail at prosectuion. It is then reasonable to expect the courts to tell LEO not to waste time with any but clear and unambiguous cases.

We are in this for the long game.

Edited by GregS

Yes I voted.

20-30%... I think.

The numbers are all skewed for me though because when I harvest it is WAY more then when I buy 2 grams at a dispensary because they had something I wanted to try so that I could see if I wanted to grow it. If I did not grow it myself the only other source it came from is a dispensary/black market.

We are soon to find out how difficult a clear-cut affirmative defense, one that unambiguously meets all requirements, is to mount, with or without the help or an attorney, Aside from some instant cases, there will no doubt be many that come before the court. We will be watching those cases. If it becomes clear that it can be done simply by staying at a Holiday Inn Express, the courts might be jammed with them, resulting in wasted time and resources, only to fail at prosectuion. It is then reasonable to expect the courts to tell LEO not to waste time with any but clear and unambiguous cases.

We are in the long game.

That does sound very good Greg. I really hope it does work out that way.

Until then, I will continue to b**** about this miscarriage of justice, and find ways to work within and around it.

Oh I know many. I just don't think what they grow is any better then what I find in the dispensaries in A2. I obviously like the concept of them so I give them my support and buisness. In my opinion some of the early dispensary operators that put their necks on the line for all of us are heroes.

I really only like to smoke my own. (pats self on back)

I read yesterday that Krazy Joe and some of his lemmings intend to grow the stuff in their front yards, from what I see as nothing more than spite. It is those kinds of fools that will jeopardize the system. Simply moving ahead into section 8 compliance, and in private and confidential arrangements, will go much further in establishing and meeting our ends. His is an irresponsible and incredibly stupid drama that has nothing constructive to offer. But then, that has always been his style. That he left at least one of his drama kweens behind here is sad.

Edited by GregS

That does sound very good Greg. I really hope it does work out that way.

Until then, I will continue to b**** about this miscarriage of justice, and find ways to work within and around it.

This IS the way to work in and around it. Using either sections 4 or 8 to engage in medical use is the law.

Edited by GregS

Would it surprise you if I said that no Birmingham Compassion member has been forced to the black market to obtain medicine since we were founded in August 2009, and that even after this ruling that situation remains the same? In addition, we have excess caregiver capacity to help if things aren't quite as smooth elsewhere.

It is not anti-dispensary thinking that made this the case, but pro-MMMA thinking.

If this can be done in Oakland County it can be done anywhere and is in many places. That's really something to be proud of. Patients are taken care of and you have a caregiver surplus in what has been the most anti-MMJ county in Michigan.

Yes, Kudos to the BCCC for a job well done.

And Greg, I also read that yesterday about Jojo the clown growing 72 plants in his front yard. Sadly we all know he himself will not do it but one of his followers will be stupid enough to try it and we will all read about it. Even now I am amazed at how irresponsible he is with his words. He also is claiming he is not renewing his card, I call BS on that to.

Something can be said for compliance under section 8 and the understanding that the government is more apt to leave us the hell alone if we keep things under the radar. The notion does gore the oxen of the profiteers, but I think we, for the most part, agree that they can suck eggs.