What Percentage Of Your Medication Came From Dispensaries?

142 members have voted

1. 1. What percentage of your medication came from dispensaries?

• 0 - 10%
    • 10 - 20%
    • 20 - 30%
    • 30 - 40%
    • 40 - 50%
    • 50 - 60%
    • 60 - 70%
    • 70 - 80%
    • 80 - 90%
    • 90 - 100%

LOL doesn't help much when every time someone tries to do that here, the thread gets locked.

Conversation instantly over. One single post and instant crackdown.

peanut now come on man..

don't you think by now you should know why that happens.

it is not to stop communications..

it is to stop any discussions out in the open.

take it all to the PM system.

or all of a sudden peoples requests for caregivers would be blowing up with rhetoric and discussions, and off track as fast as any other thread...

we keep them on-track and personal by locking them.

Northern your "free market" comment pretty much is the flashing light that you either don't understand or you don't want to.

Can you name sector in our economy that is "free market?" No, because well over 100 years ago we found out that if we allow a completely free market then those with more money will monopolize. So we passed anti-trust and other regulations to keep the playing field even. No such regulations exist in the new world of cannabis. Why do you think history wont repeat itself this time?

Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner! This is the single most compelling reason why any pt and/or cg should be scared of the allowance of dispensaries. They WILL monopolize the market. They will then squeeze out small growers (through leveraged competition and/or heavy lawmaker lobbying) and then get to work on eachother. At some point we will end up with a few companies owning 90% of the dispensaries.

Who here remembers Ma Bell and the AT&T monopoly break up? Remember that? Remember way back before you had a cell phone when we had these things called landlines? Remember Michigan Bell? If you're in your 40s or older then you remember. If you don't remember then do some research. Then get back with me as to why you think dispensaries will not monolpolize the market and squeeze out the little guy. If you're in your 30s or older then you also have witnessed the emergence of the rite aid age. Anyone here still use an independent drug store? 20 years ago there wasn't this huge glut of rite aid, walgreens, and cvs like we now have. These stores sprung up in these new, big and independent buildings within the last 10 to 15 years. Ma and pa stores have been squeezed out. I am sure some still exist but I know of none in my area. Explain to me how that will not happen if dispensaries take hold.

Good thing they are not as polarized as you are Ganja. Our law could easily be scrapped on them grounds.

sadly they are just as ignorant, biased, bigoted and ignorant as you, complied with greed.... you have our problem. (some have even said you are part of said problem).

*while you and the crew work to divide us, the state really is working to destroy our law.

Edited by mibrains
removed personal

if you want to use, open or frequent a dispensary...

be my guest....

as a patient your protected to acquire cannabis from any source...

i just won't support those models right now in light of the SC's decision on the matter.

like it or not..does not change anything here ganga

it is not my opinion... it is theirs..

peanut now come on man..

don't you think by now you should know why that happens.

it is not to stop communications..

it is to stop any discussions out in the open.

Of course he knows why it happens. He isn't new here and for as many posts as he has made here he certainly should know by now. In fact, he was specifically told why it happens in a thread a couple of months ago. I remember--it was kind of like, "where were you when Kennedy was shot?" I couldn't believe that he didn't know the policy so I CLEARLY remember him whining about this before and I clearly remember him being supplied with the answer.

The problem is he is being obtuse. Pretending he doesn't know why. That way he can b!tch about something in an effort to try and cast the 3ma in a bad light for those newer members or those with even less info than he. That, or he is really that dumb. Because I KNOW this has been answered for him before. He lives in his own little world where reality is invited in on some occassions but, for the most part, he never answers the door when it comes calling.

Edited to add this link to one thread where peanut was made aware of why threads are locked in pt and cg advertising threads. This was last October. I know it was explained to him less than 2 months ago as well but this one came up first on my search. http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/index.php?showtopic=41504&st=20&p=409798&hl=lock&fromsearch=1entry409798

Edited by CaveatLector

LOL doesn't help much when every time someone tries to do that here, the thread gets locked.

Conversation instantly over. One single post and instant crackdown.

Why are you pretending like we didn't already have this conversation? Threads are locked and people are encouraged to communicate via PMs and then take the discussion off the MMMA altogether. And in the thread we are discussing, a patient learned he coudl grow his own and still have a CG. No thanks to you. Your "did you ever try my oil" pop-up ads keep getting in the way I guess and you can't see past them.

Pop-up ad Peanutbutter. Stumping for his oil rather than directing patients to good information.

Edited by Highlander

Before this decision, there weren't many. After? Well, we will see about that.

I can see undercover cops trolling compassion clubs looking for drug dealers that will engage in unregistered transfers to a patient with a good sob story

If it wasn't so damaging and if the general public didn't know better, it would actually be amusing when people post crap like this.....as if UC cops are a problem only for compassion clubs but not dispensaries. How many dispensaries allowed patients to buy meds with only paperwork? Lots.

G3C was the first cc and is still operating as a rose in a field of dead dispensaries. The prosecutor stands them up instead of cutting them down. And that's in one of the crime capitols of America. Sure there are illegal things going on in private as a direct result of the connections made there. But it offends no one, including the prosecutor.

Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner! This is the single most compelling reason why any pt and/or cg should be scared of the allowance of dispensaries. They WILL monopolize the market. They will then squeeze out small growers (through leveraged competition and/or heavy lawmaker lobbying) and then get to work on eachother. At some point we will end up with a few companies owning 90% of the dispensaries.

Who here remembers Ma Bell and the AT&T monopoly break up? Remember that? Remember way back before you had a cell phone when we had these things called landlines? Remember Michigan Bell? If you're in your 40s or older then you remember. If you don't remember then do some research. Then get back with me as to why you think dispensaries will not monolpolize the market and squeeze out the little guy. If you're in your 30s or older then you also have witnessed the emergence of the rite aid age. Anyone here still use an independent drug store? 20 years ago there wasn't this huge glut of rite aid, walgreens, and cvs like we now have. These stores sprung up in these new, big and independent buildings within the last 10 to 15 years. Ma and pa stores have been squeezed out. I am sure some still exist but I know of none in my area. Explain to me how that will not happen if dispensaries take hold.

And if you look a little deeper into the rite-aid/CVS/Walgreens "gotta have all three on every corner" concept, it goes something like this.

They strike a deal with a guy who owns some land on the corner "Tear down your gas station, liquor store, or whatever and build us a nice big, building. We will pay you $10,000 per month for 10 years." Then the local pharmacy that has been there for years goes out of business. The new drugstore makes money for ten years, then moves on and leaves a vacant building if they didn't make enough money of the sick people in that neighborhood. They came in, made their money and then left with no sense of obligation to the community. But medical cannabis will be different? Suddenly business will develop a heart.

Sounds like a Disney movie.

G3C was the first cc and is still operating as a rose in a field of dead dispensaries. The prosecutor stands them up instead of cutting them down. And that's in one of the crime capitols of America. Sure there are illegal things going on in private as a direct result of the connections made there. But it offends no one, including the prosecutor.

i love g3c..... its the only place i go to or suggest. i greatly dislike disp and their outrageous prices.... i love the fall back safety net of g3c.... if i need it i can find it, if my pts require something new i can get genetics ive tried from people i know and trust. I am not claiming its perfect or without issues, but i believe its a great working model of how we could be doing this.

i love g3c..... its the only place i go to or suggest. i greatly dislike disp and their outrageous prices.... i love the fall back safety net of g3c.... if i need it i can find it, if my pts require something new i can get genetics ive tried from people i know and trust. I am not claiming its perfect or without issues, but i believe its a great working model of how we could be doing this.

It's amazing when you make some sense, and people actually get a chance to read it, we can be all at the same table and happy. If we have the same ideals there is always common ground. Just blow all the smoke away and here we are.

I made this point yesterday, but I will make it again.

The moment we collectively decided to call marijuana medicine, was the exact same moment we invited big business and moneyed interests into this realm.

Expecting this cottage industry to stay that way is unrealistic. Big business will be involved at some point, the question is will we have a say in the extent of their involvement?

It is inevitable. Like I said, it became inevitable the moment we decided that it should be called medicine. Pandora's box has been opened in that regard. There is no going back.

So we have a choice. Work with an inadequate system until moneyed interests come along and appropriate the system unto themselves, or develop our own System that addresses the inadequacies of the current system, while preserving and directing any possible economic benefit right back into our own state.

Now Jim .. would you use the same tone if there were a couple to many doctors offices in the town?

"Bunch of greedy SOB doctors .." Would you say that? I don't think so.

Or to many gas stations? "Greedy gentlemen .."

There is plenty of dr.'s but good dr's no my old man has to go to traverse city for his heart dr. um gas stations, not a good example, but their are to many bars and motels cottages and hotels for me (a property owner there) but hey I dont even live there, I had this bright idea that realestate was gonna make me some money, Im sure glad I didnt listen to that lil voice inside me and buy alot of property, Id be land rich and cash poor right now. in stead im land poor and cash poor bawahahahahaha!

but as long as I stay on my head meds Im so rich with family that loves me!

Peace

Jim

The moment we collectively decided to call marijuana medicine, was the exact same moment we invited big business and moneyed interests into this realm.

Expecting this cottage industry to stay that way is unrealistic. Big business will be involved at some point, the question is will we have a say in the extent of their involvement?

It is inevitable. Like I said, it became inevitable the moment we decided that it should be called medicine. Pandora's box has been opened in that regard. There is no going back.

So we have a choice. Work with an inadequate system until moneyed interests come along and appropriate the system unto themselves, or develop our own System that addresses the inadequacies of the current system, while preserving and directing any possible economic benefit right back into our own state.

It's not an inadequate system. It can, and does, work. We've proven that in Dickinson County where we started teaching people to grow from the beginning, thereby creating more CGs.

Please stop saying the CG system doesn't work, just because you either can't or won't figure out ways to make it work. With your over the top rhetoric, you're placing yourself into the very group of people that are fast becoming the enemies of the majority of the community.

Nope. You ignore that the feds and Michigan's Attorney General strongly dislike these 'money interests' that you predict will ruin what we have. We have strong allies with these folks that also want to limit these money interests. We have unlimited resources at our disposal to use to KEEP what we have when these 'money interests' come to town. We are finally on the right side of this and in a position of strength IF you will bring yourself to put your money interests aside and procede forward in our position of strength.

Edited by Restorium2

NL, respectfully, I personally do not agree with you at all.

The patients are what counts, not your friends and their greedy business model. Go to another state that wishes to follow your friends and their dictates. Our system is a very good one that is truly grass roots.

the provisioning centers will corrupt that system and replace it with one they can MAXIMIZE profits for their larders. The only reason one would call the current system inadequate is because they wish to subvert it for their own greedy goals, rather than work to make the law in Michigan as it stands today....actually work.

You are fighting an uphill fight until the Feds change their stance. I do not understand why ya'll fail to recognize that overriding fact.