What Percentage Of Your Medication Came From Dispensaries?

142 members have voted

1. 1. What percentage of your medication came from dispensaries?

• 0 - 10%
    • 10 - 20%
    • 20 - 30%
    • 30 - 40%
    • 40 - 50%
    • 50 - 60%
    • 60 - 70%
    • 70 - 80%
    • 80 - 90%
    • 90 - 100%

There are absolutely NO transfers at the DCCC! We are simply a place to meet other patients and care-givers. We've even had to say things to new members in the past about transferring in the parking lot of the building. It is simply NOT ALLOWED What people do on their own time, in their own homes, is not our business.

G3C was the first cc and is still operating as a rose in a field of dead dispensaries. The prosecutor stands them up instead of cutting them down. And that's in one of the crime capitols of America. Sure there are illegal things going on in private as a direct result of the connections made there. But it offends no one, including the prosecutor.

You might say illegal, or you might say "Section 8 activities." I think that people like David Leyton understand that some section 8 activities take place, but he doesn't care about that and neither does the public. Leyton said he would prosecute only if he got complaints. We have a pretty good idea that if you dont flaunt your help to needy patients in private with a neon green pot leaf sign, Leyton has higher priorities.

I would just as gladly send someone that needed meds to a farmers market. The point is you can not transfer outside of the registered pt/cg connection anymore. That is the problem now. It wasn't certain before, now it is. I am not arguing what the law says. I am arguing that now we need something that expands it. Yes teaching people how to grow is one solution. Another is allowing unconnected transfers, which opens the door to farmers markets AND dispensaries. It is not either/or, it is both. People see a conspiracy that anyone that wants more economic activity out of this that they want your grow rights. Some may, others don't. I see a conspiracy just as likely that we are being restricted more and more and eventually we will be so bottle up that they will be in complete control of the situation brought on by more and more limited readings of the MMMA.

Highlander

So there are no strangers at a farmers market? My dispensary solution is no different then your farmers market solution. How is a farmers market any different then McQueen? Its not. There is nothing stopping a farmers market from trying to restrict any transfers outside of their market. Every farmers market I have ever been to has a leadership body that allows or disallows vendors.

The game is about being able to legally transfer to anyone. Doesn't matter if your a dispensary or a farmers market. They do the same thing. Transfer.

You never could transfer mm from pt to pt or c.g to any pt and dispense are not legal and never were! as far as im concerned nothing has changed since i became legal!

Peace

Jim

It's not an inadequate system. It can, and does, work. We've proven that in Dickinson County where we started teaching people to grow from the beginning, thereby creating more CGs.

Please stop saying the CG system doesn't work, just because you either can't or won't figure out ways to make it work. With your over the top rhetoric, you're placing yourself into the very group of people that are fast becoming the enemies of the majority of the community.

Yes, it is an inadequate system. Granted, it works fine for the majority of people who just smoke a few different kinds of bud and those not in desperate need.

For patients that require specialized products, it is terribly inadequate. 4 people in desperate need, it is terribly inadequate. For those willing and able to help more than their 5 patients, even just for a little while, it is terribly inadequate.

I believe the intent of the law was to allow card holders to engage in transfers to any other card holder, within weights and measures, and have that activity protected.

I believe the Supreme Court decision to be terribly inadequate, and not keeping with the spirit in which the law was passed. I don't believe removing dispensaries was worth giving up the right to be a good Samaritan and help your brother or sister in need without threat of prosecution.

Expecting this cottage industry to stay that way is unrealistic. Big business will be involved at some point, the question is will we have a say in the extent of their involvement?

It is inevitable. Like I said, it became inevitable the moment we decided that it should be called medicine. Pandora's box has been opened in that regard. There is no going back.

So we have a choice. Work with an inadequate system until moneyed interests come along and appropriate the system unto themselves, or develop our own System that addresses the inadequacies of the current system, while preserving and directing any possible economic benefit right back into our own state.

And this is the sign you wear around your neck. You are transparent. You deliberately see the glass as half empty because it suits your cause. Using words like "inevitable" and "inadequate" is what makes you the enemy.

The fact is that it is NOT inevitable. If we can encourage and build a strong cg base then you could add thousands more voices to the side wanting to preserve things and keep big money out. Your logic fails on many levels. Start with your "inadequacy" statement. Wasn't the system "inadequate" on Nov 30, 2008? And still on May 30, 2009? Were patients taken care of immediately following the adoption of the agency rules? What do you want to bet that if dispensaries were explicitly illegal in the MMA that the pt/cg system would currently be running like a well-oiled machine? But instead dispensaries fragmented the supply and led us on a 3 year path which hampered cgs. Now dispensaries are declared illegal and you claim there is a void. Well if there is I suppose it was due to dispensaries to begin with ay?

Your magic bullet dispensary argument is nonsense. Take it one step further and suddenly the "inadequacy" of the pt/cg system that was repaired by the dispensary system could FURTHER be repaired by a state-licensed huge grower system. Maybe Michigan becomes the new big 3 but this time it is the big 3 mj growers instead of the big 3 auto companies. Certainly huge growing operations in a handful of locations would be more easily regulated for quality, etc., than 1000 provisioning center grows. So where does it end??? You tell me. Why not license 3 enormous growing facilities in the state? It's a slippery slope you are leading people down.

Yes, it is an inadequate system. Granted, it works fine for the majority of people who just smoke a few different kinds of bud and those not in desperate need.

For patients that require specialized products, it is terribly inadequate. 4 people in desperate need, it is terribly inadequate. For those willing and able to help more than their 5 patients, even just for a little while, it is terribly inadequate.

I believe the intent of the law was to allow card holders to engage in transfers to any other card holder, within weights and measures, and have that activity protected.

I believe the Supreme Court decision to be terribly inadequate, and not keeping with the spirit in which the law was passed. I don't believe removing dispensaries was worth giving up the right to be a good Samaritan and help your brother or sister in need without threat of prosecution.

Please finish crying about the Supreme Court decision so we can move on. It is what it is. Get through your levels of grief so we can help you get back to functionality. I'm sorry for your loss. You will need to move on with your life at some point.

true..

if i was closer to your county i would meet up at the tea service center for tea...and maybe even crumpets

I dont know John I been wanting to meet ya, we even a few of us on here together at venders property camping, on a beautiful weekend, I have you phone number im gonna call ya up and invite ya for tea or thc or both :drinking-coffee:

Hey Hic have you tried decaff my friend lmao

Peace

Jim

And this is the sign you wear around your neck. You are transparent. You deliberately see the glass as half empty because it suits your cause. Using words like "inevitable" and "inadequate" is what makes you the enemy.

The fact is that it is NOT inevitable. If we can encourage and build a strong cg base then you could add thousands more voices to the side wanting to preserve things and keep big money out. Your logic fails on many levels. Start with your "inadequacy" statement. Wasn't the system "inadequate" on Nov 30, 2008? And still on May 30, 2009? Were patients taken care of immediately following the adoption of the agency rules? What do you want to bet that if dispensaries were explicitly illegal in the MMA that the pt/cg system would currently be running like a well-oiled machine? But instead dispensaries fragmented the supply and led us on a 3 year path which hampered cgs. Now dispensaries are declared illegal and you claim there is a void. Well if there is I suppose it was due to dispensaries to begin with ay?

Your magic bullet dispensary argument is nonsense. Take it one step further and suddenly the "inadequacy" of the pt/cg system that was repaired by the dispensary system could FURTHER be repaired by a state-licensed huge grower system. Maybe Michigan becomes the new big 3 but this time it is the big 3 mj growers instead of the big 3 auto companies. Certainly huge growing operations in a handful of locations would be more easily regulated for quality, etc., than 1000 provisioning center grows. So where does it end??? You tell me. Why not license 3 enormous growing facilities in the state? It's a slippery slope you are leading people down.

Why bother with all of that when we could simply promote the idea that the Michigan Medical Marijuana Act was intended to protect all reasonable transfers between card holders?

Seems like a lot of trouble.

Please finish crying about the Supreme Court decision so we can move on. It is what it is. Get through your levels of grief so we can help you get back to functionality. I'm sorry for your loss. You will need to move on with your life at some point.

This was a bad decision, apparently some people don't think so?

Why bother with all of that when we could simply promote the idea that the Michigan Medical Marijuana Act was intended to protect all reasonable transfers between card holders?

Right. For some it was like a friend dying. But even if it's that bad for you, life still has to go on. Throwing tantrums aren't getting you anywhere. We understand your grief at this point. But you will have to get over it soon.

It was a bad outcome for some people. Frankly it employed decent legal reasoning. There will be those who think it was a bad decision because it frustrates what those people want. You need to get over this whole "spirit of the act" thing because plain language of an act is what controls. Plain language didn't allow for dispensaries. It is as simple as that.

Right. For some it was like a friend dying. But even if it's that bad for you, life still has to go on. Throwing tantrums aren't getting you anywhere. We understand your grief at this point. But you will have to get over it soon.

I refuse to celebrate the idea that patients cannot relieve 1 another's suffering, without either paperwork and waiting periods, or threat of prosecution.

Seems sort of inhumane.

I refuse to celebrate the idea that patients cannot relieve 1 another's suffering, without either paperwork and waiting periods, or threat of prosecution.

Seems sort of inhumane.

No one is asking you to celebrate the death of your closest friend. We are just waiting for you to go through the levels of grief at your own speed. Take however long you want. Try to not hurt anyone while you are in this phase.

It was a bad outcome for some people. Frankly it employed decent legal reasoning. There will be those who think it was a bad decision because it frustrates what those people want. You need to get over this whole "spirit of the act" thing because plain language of an act is what controls. Plain language didn't allow for dispensaries. It is as simple as that.

Oh yes, because my disappointment with this is all because my dispensary buddies and their rich friends can't get rich anymore. That's why I'm so sad.

It has nothing to do with people being hobbled by ridiculous interpretations of the law, and now have a target on their backs if they engage in any sort of activity outside their 5. No matter what the reason.

Do I fit the caricature that you were trying to paint now?

Edited by Northern Lab

Um so your solution to these patients is for them to go to a dispensary and pay twice what a CG charges? Where does the dispensary get meds - oh yeah, from caregiver.

It has nothing to do with people being hobbled by ridiculous interpretations of the law, and now have a target on their backs if they engage in any sort of activity outside their 5. No matter what the reason.

Some would say that a ridiculous interpretation of the law would be one where it was interpreted to allow for transfers outside the 5 connected given the fact that the law specifically protects those transfers.

I don't need to paint that caricature. I have had very little contact with you and have responded to very few of your posts in the past. This isn't about what I am painting it is about what you have painted. Not only have you painted a shite eating grin on your own face but you have also painted yourself into a corner. So what about the "big 3" grow? You all for that if it improves patient access and insures quality?

Edited by CaveatLector