What Percentage Of Your Medication Came From Dispensaries?

142 members have voted

1. 1. What percentage of your medication came from dispensaries?

• 0 - 10%
    • 10 - 20%
    • 20 - 30%
    • 30 - 40%
    • 40 - 50%
    • 50 - 60%
    • 60 - 70%
    • 70 - 80%
    • 80 - 90%
    • 90 - 100%

Oh yes, because my disappointment with this is all because my dispensary buddies and their rich friends can't get rich anymore. That's why I'm so sad.

There may be other reasons for your disappointment. For example, your disappointment might come from not being able to test all the medicine in the dispensaries.

Just saying.....

Some would say that a ridiculous interpretation of the law would be one where it was interpreted to allow for transfers outside the 5 connected given the fact that the law specifically protects those transfers.

I don't need to paint that caricature. I have had very little contact with you and have responded to very few of your posts in the past. This isn't about what I am painting it is about what you have painted. Not only have you painted a (I can't convey a point without vulgarities) eating grin on your own face but you have also painted yourself into a corner. So what about the "big 3" grow? You all for that if it improves patient access and insures quality?

Yes, and we generally call those people effin Republicans.

You assume that because I have a potential commercial interest in medical marijuana, that that is all that I am concerned with. You would be wrong in that assumption. I share the desire to keep this a cottage industry, but It will wither on the vine if we don't loosen things up a little bit . Not so commercial interest can thrive, but so those in need are not forced to ask someone who would help them to place a target on their own back.

Just because I suggest that big business involvement is inevitable does not mean that I would support it.

It would seem that full legalization would be the best defense against such an invasion, pending there is no reversal of this very restrictive interpretation.

There may be other reasons for your disappointment. For example, your disappointment might come from not being able to test all the medicine in the dispensaries.

Just saying.....

It was going to go further than that but we aren't moving forward looking in the rearview mirror.

Edited by Restorium2

Well wtf!

It looks like the problem is solved!

Nobody responded that they can't get any meds!

I guess the crisis is over. We've managed to somehow get by without the dispensaries.

Tell that to the next gang of thugs the dispensary advocates send here. They aren't done yet. I still here the drums beating out there past the tree line.

You assume that because I have a potential commercial interest in medical marijuana, that that is all that I am concerned with. You would be wrong in that assumption. I share the desire to keep this a cottage industry, but It will wither on the vine if we don't loosen things up a little bit . Not so commercial interest can thrive, but so those in need are not forced to ask someone who would help them to place a target on their own back.

Just because I suggest that big business involvement is inevitable does not mean that I would support it.

It would seem that full legalization would be the best defense against such an invasion, pending there is no reversal of this very restrictive interpretation.

It will wither on a vine? And how is that? Pts will desperately look for cgs and never find one? You're joking right?

Was it withering before the proliferation of dispensaries?

Hmmm. Wither on the vine? People with targets on their back. I'll let you in on a little secret. Thousands of people grew (M)MJ in Michigan prior to 2008. The targets on backs are much smaller than they were 4 years ago.

The threat of felony charges didn't stop people from growing before, and we are to believe all of the sudden that people will be afraid to grow - so much so that there won't be enough meds. IT doesn't add up.

You are a solution in search of a problem and you keep trying on problems like you would a hat. So far none have fit.

Hmmm. Wither on the vine? People with targets on their back. I'll let you in on a little secret. Thousands of people grew (M)MJ in Michigan prior to 2008. The targets on backs are much smaller than they were 4 years ago.

The threat of felony charges didn't stop people from growing before, and we are to believe all of the sudden that people will be afraid to grow - so much so that there won't be enough meds. IT doesn't add up.

You are a solution in search of a problem and you keep trying on problems like you would a hat. So far none have fit.

Who said people would be afraid to grow?

I think many of those who weren't brave enough to grow before the law was passed, I believe those folks are in the majority, will definitely not be brave enough to engage in unconnected transfers, no matter the level of suffering. I also object to the idea of a patient in desperate need being forced to ask someone else to expose themselves to possible prosecution for the purpose of relieving their suffering.

I think many of those who weren't brave enough to grow before the law was passed, I believe those folks are in the majority, will definitely not be brave enough to engage in unconnected transfers, no matter the level of suffering. I also object to the idea of a patient in desperate need being forced to ask someone else to expose themselves to possible prosecution for the purpose of relieving their suffering.

Patients DO NOT have to say where they bought it. So no one needs to be exposed if you understand the positions of strength:

They are;

Keep your mouth shut and do things in private.

Me too. That is why I advocate the patient-CG model. I object to people presenting that the solution for the desperate patient is that he go to a dispensary and get meds. Many sick people can't even drive. And many would not want to put on their "I use cannabis" sign and go to a dispensary, let alone deal with it as something new to them. This is something intimidating to many of these folks. Maybe you don't understand that.

Ask these sick people if they would rather get meds delivered to their home, or would they rather go get them at a retail store for half the price.?

Again, you are a solution looking for a problem.

Edited by Highlander

Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner! This is the single most compelling reason why any pt and/or cg should be scared of the allowance of dispensaries. They WILL monopolize the market. They will then squeeze out small growers (through leveraged competition and/or heavy lawmaker lobbying) and then get to work on eachother. At some point we will end up with a few companies owning 90% of the dispensaries.

Who here remembers Ma Bell and the AT&T monopoly break up? Remember that? Remember way back before you had a cell phone when we had these things called landlines? Remember Michigan Bell? If you're in your 40s or older then you remember. If you don't remember then do some research. Then get back with me as to why you think dispensaries will not monolpolize the market and squeeze out the little guy. If you're in your 30s or older then you also have witnessed the emergence of the rite aid age. Anyone here still use an independent drug store? 20 years ago there wasn't this huge glut of rite aid, walgreens, and cvs like we now have. These stores sprung up in these new, big and independent buildings within the last 10 to 15 years. Ma and pa stores have been squeezed out. I am sure some still exist but I know of none in my area. Explain to me how that will not happen if dispensaries take hold.

Wow I so wish I could put my words together as well as you do.

heck yea, the bells mi bell southern bell, at&t was just your long distance carrier I believe the bells were mostly an east coast thing, Up north, That is what we called where i live now, we had party lines, and when you made a long distance call the operator cut in and said your number please? and You told her your phone number so she could bill you! (unless you were a juv deliqent like me and just gave any number) down state lol which is what we call it now got cable yrs before we got it upnorth! when we came up here for the summer my moms soaps were a week behind, if we were lucky enough to get a channel on a t.v and Im just talking late 60's and all 0f the 70's and alot of the 80's before we got cable up here

My first modern form of cummications was a beeper, about 9 bucks a month, and you went to a pay phone to call people back, not long after came the bag phone, ye haw! cost a fortune and wieghed a ton and the signal was realy bad lol! we used to hook up cell antennaes on our cars and plug it into the bag phone. battery was the size of a lawn mower battery! and the hand set was pretty much the same size as your land line, no caller idea, that was extra if it was available!

The old days, but getting back what you said, yep just like the grocery stores used to have great scotts A & P krogers and farmer jacks, they bought each other out and then came meijers (down state) every where there was a k mart there was a meijers right across the street and they had alot more than kmarts had, we didnt have any wall marts down there before i moved up here like 15 yrs ago! Now I see they are every where!

Its a dog eat dog world and only the rich servive in business! It dont matter how strong you are, if you dont have the cash your gone!

That was a realy good post Kav, Got me to thinkin of the good ole days, but on that note I wasnt legal to grow and use mj, now I am!

Peace

Jim

Patients DO NOT have to say where they bought it. So no one needs to be exposed if you understand the positions of strength:

They are;

Keep your mouth shut and do things in private.

You are absolutely right, and I repeat those same words at our cc meetings

It is very sound advice, but there is no guarantee that people will follow it. There is also no guarantee that you won't fall victim to an undercover cop with a good sob story.

That will be the next line of attack. Bet on it.

Me too. That is why I advocate the patient-CG model. I object to people presenting that the solution for the desperate patient is that he go to a dispensary and get meds. Many sick people can't even drive. And many would not want to put on their "I use cannabis" sign and go to a dispensary, let alone deal with it as something new to them. This is something intimidating to many of these folks. Maybe you don't understand that.

Ask these sick people if they would rather get meds delivered to their home, or would they rather go get them at a retail store for half the price.?

Again, you are a solution looking for a problem.

The best solution would be to engage in an unconnected transfer with another patient or caregiver, until said patient could be self reliant.

I don't know if you have heard, but that sort of activity is not exactly legal.

You are absolutely right, and I repeat those same words at our cc meetings

It is very sound advice, but there is no guarantee that people will follow it. There is also no guarantee that you won't fall victim to an undercover cop with a good sob story.

That will be the next line of attack. Bet on it.

The best solution would be to engage in an unconnected transfer with another patient or caregiver, until said patient could be self reliant.

I don't know if you have heard, but that sort of activity is not exactly legal.

Um no the best solution is for said patient to get hold of Zap or me or one of multiple other people who know CGs who are ready to sign up new patients today and who continually state that we know CGs ready to go NOW. Find a competent provider who "agrees to assist the patient with the medical use of marijuana." "Medical use" includes much more than selling meds. It includes transporting them, growing them, helping grow, cooking, helping cook, etc.

How do dispensaries even know cards are valid? You present this problem as if CGs can't tell if a "patient" is a LEO. Then you offer the solution that the "patient" get meds from someone unconnected. A CG knows if his patient's card gets revoked. A dispensary does not.

Your problem and your solution are the same thing. No wonder you are stuck.

Are you seeing a huge flood of patients needing caregivers since this ruling? I had zero patients sign up needing caregivers at my last Compassion Club meeting a week ago, and had two new caregivers with openings make themselves available. Are you having a different experience? If so, please describe it in detail so we can help, rather than emphasizing how incomplete you think the system is. I see unused capacity everywhere.

I agree. Where are all of these patients? It is the intransigency in his position that is unsupported by these ghost patients that leads me and others to believe he has ulterior motives. I LOVE the "wither on the vine" comment as well.

Are you seeing a huge flood of patients needing caregivers since this ruling? I had zero patients sign up needing caregivers at my last Compassion Club meeting a week ago, and had two new caregivers with openings make themselves available. Are you having a different experience? If so, please describe it in detail so we can help, rather than emphasizing how incomplete you think the system is. I see unused capacity everywhere.

We haven't had a public meeting since the decision. We will see what the next meeting looks like.

The dispensaries in my area have not yet closed either, and human nature being what it is, we may not see a large influx until they are officially closed for good.

If we need help, this will be 1 of the first places we come.

And please stop pretending people are at deaths door because the dispensary closed. If anything, with them closing there is going to be a glut of MMJ on the market waiting for a home. Also LEO is not going out looking for caregivers that are interested in signing patients in full compliance with the law, nor are they going to pretend to be terminally ill in order to get an unconnected transfer. I will state right here and now if someone comes to me and is in need and not just looking to get stoned card or not I am going to hand them some meds. If I get pinched for helping a cancer patients stop puking his/her guts up I will take my lumps. No fear