What Percentage Of Your Medication Came From Dispensaries?

142 members have voted

1. 1. What percentage of your medication came from dispensaries?

• 0 - 10%
    • 10 - 20%
    • 20 - 30%
    • 30 - 40%
    • 40 - 50%
    • 50 - 60%
    • 60 - 70%
    • 70 - 80%
    • 80 - 90%
    • 90 - 100%

This is where the last battles of the Dispensaries will be fought IMO.

http://burtonview.mihomepaper.com/news/2013-02-21/Front_Page/City_closes_Rx_marijuana_dispensaries.html

Leach handed out a business plan that would make dispensaries as “sort of country club” stating that transfers would be protected under this new business plan.

"Leach said that if the facilities are not partaking in patient-to-patient sales the police do not have the right to shut them down."

This is where the last battles of the Dispensaries will be fought IMO.

http://burtonview.mi...spensaries.html

Leach handed out a business plan that would make dispensaries as “sort of country club” stating that transfers would be protected under this new business plan.

"Leach said that if the facilities are not partaking in patient-to-patient sales the police do not have the right to shut them down."

That guy is a fruit cake.

It has nothing to do with people being hobbled by ridiculous interpretations of the law, and now have a target on their backs if they engage in any sort of activity outside their 5. No matter what the reason.

MPP was very clear with their intent. No commercial operations.

They will also tell you they never intended for pt/pt transfers to be allowed. Never even thought of it once,...... until after they wrote our law. They went to Rhode Island right after they wrote our law for the ballot and amended their law to allow uncompensated transfers. that idea of pt/pt uncompensated was not even thought about until 2008, 8 months after our law was written and heading for signatures.

So you can say it meant this and meant this, but if ya just take the time to ask the people that wrote it,.. well,.. you can stop this silly argument about how you wish it was written or what you think it says.

For those that listened to the authors of the law, the Supreme Court decision was of no surprise. They ruled exactly how it was written,..... except i would say uncompensated transfers should have been allowed. But we always knew that was a questionable space to be in because of what,... yes... MPP said.

I dunno what else to say.

I predict that this battle will go on until full legalization occurs. Then it will be like alcohol. People will be able to grow their own but not sell it. A few major players will dominate the mass commercial scene. Small Micro brew type organizations will make "craft" buds and become local favorites. Medical grows will still be protected.

Well had some tea, too bad it was not with MMMA. They are a computer program I must remember not real people.

I see a big need for caregivers although growers are not best suited for task.

Nothing in chapter 2 will get interesting until you have a table the "mmma" can sit at. The MMMA are the people correct Z.

So what we have is a group of people that have a real conversation in fake world.

I think the MMMA needs to hold a convention or something because sometimes it takes a picture to make 1000 words right mibrains.

Man, I hafta admire the schit you smoke.

That is precisely the point. Maybe I am mistaken or biased, but I think not. The lion's share of the conversation revolves around section 4. It is, yes, the least risky way to go, and I have nothing but respect for those who choose to enjoy it. the same holds for those who choose section 8 compliance. Maybe it is best to downplay attention to section 8 in our everyday discourse.

Nah.

Ye ol Affirmative Defense.

Its not a protection really, it is an excuse. An excuse to get out of doing something that was definitely illegal. It creates an exception from an illegal activity.

Such as, just because you know self defense can be used in a murder case,.. doe sthat allow you to go around and intentionally try to find people you can murder if they fit into the definition?

When people say, "just operate under Sec 8",... I see people saying,... do something illegal and hope you can get it dismissed based on a possible exception.

Its just dumb to purposefully operate under such a thing.

I would enever ever give anyone advice to pursue activities only possibly allowed under Sec 8.

That is just bad advice.

Explain the Sec 8 defense so people understand it,... but never recommend it.

Ask a patient;

If you could buy your meds from a caregiver, and pay a little less than at a dispensary, would you do it?

you need to ask the right Question it's has nothing to do with money and everything to do about trusting someone with your health

Edited by maxmax

Caregivers, for the vast majority, are simply patients who are capable of helping other patients.

So when you say caregivers are incompetent or black market dealers, you are saying, patients are incompetent and black market dealers.

When you say caregivers are inadequate, ypu are saying patients are inadequate.

When you say caregivers are dangerous, you are saying patients are dangerous.

Patients CAN and DO help and transfer to patients daily. Patients who don;t have drug felonies,... can transfer to up to 5 other patients.

There is only a small margin of people who are caregivers and not patients themselves.

Let us not forget that.

So yes, patients can transfer to patients and there is a mechanism to allow it. It is called registering as a caregiver.

Caregivers, for the vast majority, are simply patients who are capable of helping other patients.

So when you say caregivers are incompetent or black market dealers, you are saying, patients are incompetent and black market dealers.

When you say caregivers are inadequate, ypu are saying patients are inadequate.

When you say caregivers are dangerous, you are saying patients are dangerous.

Patients CAN and DO help and transfer to patients daily. Patients who don;t have drug felonies,... can transfer to up to 5 other patients.

There is only a small margin of people who are caregivers and not patients themselves.

Let us not forget that.

So yes, patients can transfer to patients and there is a mechanism to allow it. It is called registering as a caregiver.

...or as providing caregiver services under section 8 provisions.

Ye ol Affirmative Defense.

Its not a protection really, it is an excuse. An excuse to get out of doing something that was definitely illegal. It creates an exception from an illegal activity.

Such as, just because you know self defense can be used in a murder case,.. doe sthat allow you to go around and intentionally try to find people you can murder if they fit into the definition?

When people say, "just operate under Sec 8",... I see people saying,... do something illegal and hope you can get it dismissed based on a possible exception.

Its just dumb to purposefully operate under such a thing.

I would enever ever give anyone advice to pursue activities only possibly allowed under Sec 8.

That is just bad advice.

Explain the Sec 8 defense so people understand it,... but never recommend it.

Sorry Mal. That could not be further from right. Section 8 is a distinct provision. Ignoring it will not make it go away.

Sure. Explain, describe, and define it. I expect nothing less.

Edited by GregS

Yah maxmax.

Sometimes you just hafta take a big bite out of a schit sandwich. For instance when an armed gunman goes into a school and shoots toddlers. The Second Amendment, after all, permits that.

It is up to individuals, big people, to determine what protections of the law they choose, or none at all.

February 21, 2013 Edition

City closes Rx marijuana dispensaries

BY TARA MORENO

810-452-2645 • tmoreno@mihomepaper.com

BURTON — A Michigan Supreme Court ruling Feb. 8 prompted three of the four medicinal marijuana dispensaries to close in the city.

In the case State vs. McQueen, the appellate court ruled in favor of the state's right to shut down a Mt. Pleasant dispensary for violating Michigan's public health code.

This ruling declares dispensaries are a public nuisance and county prosecutors have the right to shut them down.

According to Mayor Paula Zelenko, the Hemphill Wellness Center is the only operating dispensary in the city.

At a special meeting Monday night, an attorney for the Hemphill Wellness Center Bruce Leach told council and the administration that the new state law is being misunderstood.

The business plan introduces a pyramid-type scheme where there are only “patient-to-caregiver” sales rather than “patient-to-patient” sales.

Currently, there are about 8,000 patients receiving medicinal marijuana in Genesee County.

Attorney Rick Austin drafted a letter for the Burton Chief of Police Tom Osterholzer.

The cease and desist was sent to the dispensaries Feb. 11.

"It’s pretty clear. If we get tips if these are dispensaries are still operating we will be contacting FANG (the Flint Area Narcotics Group)," said Lieutenant Brian Warden.

Leach said that if the facilities are not partaking in patient-to-patient sales the police do not have the right to shut them down.

Leach said the facilities have cut down the amount of crime in the city. “You have to consider the saftey of all of citizens,” he said. “Gangs and street thugs will end up selling on the street further endangering lives of Genesee County.”

Owner of Greenlight Wellness, Terry Ward, works with the doctor certifications part of the medicinal marijuana prescription process.

“Patients are worried about their medicine supplies being cut off or diminished," he said.

Ward said people will start growing their own medicinal marijuana and hydroponic stores will get a little busier.

"Its going to be muddy waters until the state regulates," said Ward.

I was finally able to view Harvesters video and it made me think of a hypothetical situation.

If a patient only wanted 1/8 oz per month, would you be their caregiver?

How about a gram every 2 weeks? Or every 2 months?

Edited by Wild Bill