What Percentage Of Your Medication Came From Dispensaries?

142 members have voted

1. 1. What percentage of your medication came from dispensaries?

• 0 - 10%
    • 10 - 20%
    • 20 - 30%
    • 30 - 40%
    • 40 - 50%
    • 50 - 60%
    • 60 - 70%
    • 70 - 80%
    • 80 - 90%
    • 90 - 100%

Umm. A CG should have a private relationship with the old lady but you want to send her to a dispensary so the other Red Hat Ladies can see her white Buick Park Avenue out front. So people can take her ID and copy it? So she can deal with strangers and not know who might be behind the counter?

Your dispensary solution is in direct conflict with the problem you are trying to solve with it.

You have encouraged people all the way up and thru today to go to dispensaries knowing full well they have much higher chance of making contact with LEO there than they ever would with a caregiver.Dispensaries never were legal, caregivers are legal. Period. How many dispensaries have been raided in michigan alone?

You really should polish up your game before you throw down OG, you should be at least challenging us by now. :)

Edited by SFC

I would just as gladly send someone that needed meds to a farmers market. The point is you can not transfer outside of the registered pt/cg connection anymore. That is the problem now. It wasn't certain before, now it is. I am not arguing what the law says. I am arguing that now we need something that expands it. Yes teaching people how to grow is one solution. Another is allowing unconnected transfers, which opens the door to farmers markets AND dispensaries. It is not either/or, it is both. People see a conspiracy that anyone that wants more economic activity out of this that they want your grow rights. Some may, others don't. I see a conspiracy just as likely that we are being restricted more and more and eventually we will be so bottle up that they will be in complete control of the situation brought on by more and more limited readings of the MMMA.

Highlander

So there are no strangers at a farmers market? My dispensary solution is no different then your farmers market solution. How is a farmers market any different then McQueen? Its not. There is nothing stopping a farmers market from trying to restrict any transfers outside of their market. Every farmers market I have ever been to has a leadership body that allows or disallows vendors.

The game is about being able to legally transfer to anyone. Doesn't matter if your a dispensary or a farmers market. They do the same thing. Transfer.

SFC

There were no dispensaries operating legally in Michigan at any time? It was an uncertainty. Some judges said yes, others said no. Same with prosecutors. Ultimately it was determined to not be allowed. But to say that they were all operating illegally is not exactly truthful. Some were operating with the blessing of the local law enforcement. You guys are framing the argument in fantasy terms.

EDIT: I have never told anyone to go to a dispensary. Please don't make stuff up. I am expressing my views of what the future of Michigan Medical Marijuana law should be and allow. Thinking people should be able to go to them again is not telling someone to go to one. Get real.

Edited by OG Fire Beaster

I would just as gladly send someone that needed meds to a farmers market. The point is you can not transfer outside of the registered pt/cg connection anymore. That is the problem now. It wasn't certain before, now it is. I am not arguing what the law says. I am arguing that now we need something that expands it. Yes teaching people how to grow is one solution. Another is allowing unconnected transfers, which opens the door to farmers markets AND dispensaries. It is not either/or, it is both. People see a conspiracy that anyone that wants more economic activity out of this that they want your grow rights. Some may, others don't. I see a conspiracy just as likely that we are being restricted more and more and eventually we will be so bottle up that they will be in complete control of the situation brought on by more and more limited readings of the MMMA.

Highlander

So there are no strangers at a farmers market? My dispensary solution is no different then your farmers market solution. How is a farmers market any different then McQueen? Its not. There is nothing stopping a farmers market from trying to restrict any transfers outside of their market. Every farmers market I have ever been to has a leadership body that allows or disallows vendors.

The game is about being able to legally transfer to anyone. Doesn't matter if your a dispensary or a farmers market. They do the same thing. Transfer.

I support working the CG- 5 patient model. That is my soap box. I don't suggest the old lady go to the farmers market. I suggest she get a CG as the priority so she can get meds right away at reasonable prices. THEN HER CAREGIVER CAN GO TO THE FARMERS MARKET. Yes I am yelling but I'm not sure how else to get the message across anymore. If the CG grow for the old lady, at say $200/oz, he can take his meds to the farmers market and trade them for other meds, etc. But to suggest that we need dispensaries so that little old ladies can get meds is not the way to go.

Call it dispensary, call it FM, I dont care what it is called. My bottom line on "commercial" MMJ transfers in Michigan is that there should be no way for someone to make an unlimited amount of money. Give legal growers a means to sell extra meds to other cardholders at what price they agree. Disallow sales of meds you didnt grow. Then noone gets rich. I'd support that. Edited to say that this distribution model is not my soap box. I would support it, but my own personal goal is to emphasize patient-CG relationships.

Edited by Highlander

Blessed to be able to do the same thing many were doing before 2008? Ok.

I'm not sure what does it say this week?

As far as Craigslist... please. Cops and rippers.

I have heard of many successful craigslist connections between patient and CG. Never a story of cops or rippers. I know they are out there - but any problem there is across the board.........as if a FM or dispensary isn't a freakin henhouse for LEOs and rippers. Wow, man. Cops? Are you serious. You think there are cops out there signing up caregivers, sending in a change form, waiting 21 days and then getting meds. Seriously? You think this is happening? Or do you mean that people who meet on Craigslist to buy or sell outside the network take a great risk. I think we all agree to that. But that wasn't what I suggested.

If you are a legit patient and you respond to an add from a CG off Craigslist, what legal danger do you face in acquiring meds. None.

And now tell me how the risk of rippers is greater than with a dispensary/FM? Thug sits across the street in the kroger parking lot and picks a person to follow. Wow! I guess that doesn't happen.

You keep inventing issues that don't exist and that in many instances are even worse issues in the FM/dispensary realm than at the CG level. I'm not sure what your agenda really is but you don't need to invent problems that don't exist to make your point.

And OG, they were illegal. They have never been ruled legal outside of circuit court. The courts that count, COA and Supremes have both ruled them to be illegal all the way down the line. There is no arguing this. Read proposal 1 of 2008 in its entirety, it doesn't mention dispensaries, provision centers or sadly even farmers markets, anywhere. Deal with it.

dan...

are you trying to drop a bat to the nest today or what?

whats that mean bud?

the supreme court did their best to interpret the constitutionality of the decision..

we should not belittle them for their guidance... no matter how much we disagree with them.

and there is no such thing as a free capitalist market anymore... particularly when it comes to schedule 1 controlled items.

it is right here..

come take advantage

we will show you how :)

Show me.

Round and round we go until someone falls off to start a new one.

where is the MMMA building? Where is the base. I am coming over and I wanna see some bunny muffin. Me highlander ganga warrior phaq GG bisharoo and others will come over for tea.

Every day you go round and round a strait line is not walked.

I know right?

It is pretty clear that the intent was to create a new class of 'drug dealers' with cards that are subject to arrest and possible prosecution for helping people in need.

Who needs those kind of people around? Frickin do-gooders..

That's a disservice to any reader here. What you need to do is be specific when you are talking about vicitims. Which victim are you talking about now? Which 'do-gooder' got hurt? Are folks getting in trouble for their good deeds? Or are folks getting in trouble for helping themselves? Show me a court case where you consider the plaintif a do gooder. The way you are talking you can line these spanked do gooders up around the block. Give me some examples.

Edited by Restorium2

Northern your "free market" comment pretty much is the flashing light that you either don't understand or you don't want to.

Can you name sector in our economy that is "free market?" No, because well over 100 years ago we found out that if we allow a completely free market then those with more money will monopolize. So we passed anti-trust and other regulations to keep the playing field even. No such regulations exist in the new world of cannabis. Why do you think history wont repeat itself this time?

Show me.

Round and round we go until someone falls off to start a new one.

where is the MMMA building? Where is the base. I am coming over and I wanna see some bunny muffin. Me highlander ganga warrior phaq GG bisharoo and others will come over for tea.

Every day you go round and round a strait line is not walked.

''

good morning :)

we don't have a building... we have cyberspace.

the base is at the bottom.

no need to come over you are here... and here we see some bunny muffin everyday.

i would welcome that list with open arms for tea... absolutely..

round and round... yes.

round and round we go... where we stop nobody knows...

but round and round we will continue to go.. so long as there's people with questions and ideas that need to flow.

as for show me...

for you..i would be happy to show you sir. anything you need to know ask.. and we can point you in the right direction my friend.

That's a disservice to any reader here. What you need to do is be specific when you are talking about vicitims. Which victim are you talking about now? Which 'do-gooder' got hurt? Are folks getting in trouble for their good deeds? Or are folks getting in trouble for helping themselves? Show me a court case where you consider the plaintif a do gooder. The way you are talking you can line these spanked do gooders up around the block. Give me some examples.

Before this decision, there weren't many. After? Well, we will see about that.

I can see undercover cops trolling compassion clubs looking for drug dealers that will engage in unregistered transfers to a patient with a good sob story

I wish to come over for tea but you cannot offer me that because you are in cyber space.

I wanna drink tea with the others. In one spot with the great minds of mmma

thanks for your time mibrains.

Edited by hic