What Does A Caregiver Do With Overages?

1joseph1

Can someone please answer a question about overages?  I am considering becoming a caregiver and I am wondering if there is a legal way to profit from any overages I might have above and beyond what I supply my 5 allowed patients.  I have asked several other people and I get different answers.  Any help would be much appreciated.  Thanks.

It's not "Legal" to transfer to anyone but your 5 PT's,..

Your going to have to fine tune your garden to stay under your limits, a perpetual grow is a way to eliminate your overage problems.

Pt 2 Pt transfers are not legal unless connected through the Registry.. Dispensaries are not a legal way to rid yourself of your product at this time either..

Concentrates aren't  legal at this time either, Basically your gonna have to cut back on the amount your are growing if your ending up with overages still, or setup a perpetual garden so that you can provide what is needed to supply your Pt's with a continual supply every couple weeks. Just cause you can grow 60+ plants doesn't mean you have to.

Trix
:bong2:

Welcome to the site also!

Hope you get the feedback your seeking that will help you stay legal and under your limits..

There are many experienced growers here that can hopefully set you up for success with running perpetually to not end up with overages anymore.

Its just not legal to rid yourself of overages legally without the transfers being done exclusivaly between yourself and your 5 pt's at this time.

Trix
:bong2:

in a time of mass foreclosures, and in lieu of other state examples, I fault nobody for trying to eek out a legal living in the medical marijuana business. In a new billion dollar industry the American spirit is expected to enterprise. From all levels starting at the top, the example is exactly that nationwide.

Now, is there a legal way for a caregiver to "make money"?  Nah, because the total revenue is dependent upon only the usage of five patients, most needing much less than an ounce or two per month. Five patients using 1.5 oz per month @ 175 per ounce= 1312.50 monthly. After costs of light bulbs, equipment, electricity, soil, amendments, ac units, heating units, controllers, timers, genetics, gasoline/deliveries, etc, the best  a grower could hope for is an access to several different strains for personal use, with labor as the cost imo

in a time of mass foreclosures, and in lieu of other state examples, I fault nobody for trying to eek out a legal living in the medical marijuana business. In a new billion dollar industry the American spirit is expected to enterprise. From all levels starting at the top, the example is exactly that nationwide.

Now, is there a legal way for a caregiver to "make money"?  Nah, because the total revenue is dependent upon only the usage of five patients, most needing much less than an ounce or two per month. Five patients using 1.5 oz per month @ 175 per ounce= 1312.50 monthly. After costs of light bulbs, equipment, electricity, soil, amendments, ac units, heating units, controllers, timers, genetics, gasoline/deliveries, etc, the best  a grower could hope for is an access to several different strains for personal use, with labor as the cost imo

i agree thanks

The best you could hope for is maybe having Cannabis that won;t cost you as much as it would if you where / or have to buy it 

i know that i do not have money for it  and i can't grow right now even if i could who could pay the cost of all the of the things you have listed above 

To answer your question:

Overages are illegal.  If you are over the amount you are allowed you can go to jail and the MMMA will not protect through Section 4 anymore, although you might be able to use a Section 8 defense. 

The Michigan Supreme Court ruled last march that only sales to your registered patients were legal.  Selling, or any type of transfer to anyone else could result in you being arrested and going to prison.

If you were looking to make a bunch of money real quick, look some where else.

They do whatever the heck they want to with them. FMs,oh yes,they are still going,dispensaries,there are still around too. Or they just sell it to someone else for twice the cost you paid for them by spending  YOUR 200 bucks to get Dr approval and another 100 to the State. If you have decided you want to grow,either buy all the stuff  to do it,or stop complaining about how much it COSTS YOU as the grower. Ask the farmer how much it costs to grown his corn,or hay. In the larger picture,the grower will always come out ahead. They can tell you anything,mites,bugs,whatever. And you have no way of knowing if they are telling the truth,because none want to let you see their grow. It's a SECRET. Yet you are supposed to just go along with this. If the State changes the law,CGs will be the ones that lose. Nobody ASKs you to grow,that is YOUR choice. But you have to quit looking a gift horse in the mouth. Unless you invest the same $$ and become a pt. yourself.

Can someone please answer a question about overages?  I am considering becoming a caregiver and I am wondering if there is a legal way to profit from any overages I might have above and beyond what I supply my 5 allowed patients.  I have asked several other people and I get different answers.  Any help would be much appreciated.  Thanks.

Put a sign on your front lawn saying " I have mj for sale"  I would imagine you will get all kinds of action!

Peace

They do whatever the heck they want to with them. FMs,oh yes,they are still going,dispensaries,there are still around too. Or they just sell it to someone else for twice the cost you paid for them by spending  YOUR 200 bucks to get Dr approval and another 100 to the State. If you have decided you want to grow,either buy all the stuff  to do it,or stop complaining about how much it COSTS YOU as the grower. Ask the farmer how much it costs to grown his corn,or hay. In the larger picture,the grower will always come out ahead. They can tell you anything,mites,bugs,whatever. And you have no way of knowing if they are telling the truth,because none want to let you see their grow. It's a SECRET. Yet you are supposed to just go along with this. If the State changes the law,CGs will be the ones that lose. Nobody ASKs you to grow,that is YOUR choice. But you have to quit looking a gift horse in the mouth. Unless you invest the same $$ and become a pt. yourself.

I have had 2 CG's since becoming a PT.  I can tell you this from experience now that I am growing my own meds...

it costs an f' of a lot, especially to get started.  More in my situation than if I had just went with another CG, hoping

for a better 'fit' and paying for my meds outright.

AND, things DO happen to cause set back... and again in my experience... I have already had these set backs.

Yes we do know how much it takes to grow our gardens. Do you think all the mulch and plants were free? Do you know how expensive 10 yards of growing soil is. How about 20 yards of mulch. The electricity to run our well pump. The cost of 100s of feet of hose.  I have Peonies that are 40 years old. I treasure them. We have so many varieties of Hostas,some of them are that old too. And 3 summers ago,when the Japanese Beetles ate every green thing there was,we were devasted. When we lost an lovely old Mountain Ash,killed by Emerald Ash Borers we were pissed. The DNR decided that our area,one square mile,was to be sprayed because it was contaminated. We were in that mile. And many of my plants took a beating from that spray. Still see the liitle green punks out there. Didn't do ANY good. We had to cut down the tree and burn all of it on our property to try and stop the spread, and they were still alive,in the wood.

Edited by jointedone

;)

Post hole digger Bob :)

edited to add that I just realized I have the same amount of posts as the year I was born LOL

No that is a mason jar hole digger, make sure you keep the grass on the top so you can put in back on, than you make your self a hidden treasure map, eat it and never let any one see it lol!

Hey my post numbers are how many years ive been alive, im a vampire, Im typing from my casket right now, I dont have time to get on here at night, im busy trying to find the juice of life at nite!  bawahahahahaha!

Peace