Need To Know What Is The Best Cloner You've Used. Below Are A Few

pic book

i've found.  No doub t I've missed your favorite--add it, please.  On those below, anybody got good to say, or bad?  I'm looking for at least 24 site, nearly unbreakable, great quality manufacture, even and uniform spray with no dry spots and NO LEAKS.

The cost is immaterial--really, as i've bot 4 (won't say which ones) and been unhappy with cheap and dear alike.

Clone King 36 site aeroponic

Turbo King T24

EZ Clone Classic 128

Clone King 64

Botanicare Power Cloner

Clone Machine 25

Clone Machine 42 site

Clone Machine 48 site

Turbo Klone T48D

TurboKlone T96

TurboKlone T144

Blast the bad ones, bless the good ones (if any).

I use the rooter plugs when I have them, otherwise a cup with some promix does the trick....just takes a tiny bit longer. Some stores buy the 1500 packs and sell them super cheap.

I once tried an 8 site clone bucket. It worked fine, but I always got sprayed when checking the roots. It's just a bucket now.

Edited by suneday11

My cloner is a rapid rooter plug and a spritz of water. Works awesome with clonex, willow water, or just about any dip/powder.

It uses no power, wont spill, leak, or quit working in the middle of the night. It uses no air pump and is silent. I see roots in

4-5 days and pop them into dirt cups. :P

Do you put the plug into a holder with the bottom of the plug in a small amount of Clonex mix? Do you use a heating pad? How much light are the clones exposed to? Do you use a humidity dome? If so, how many days do you keep them under the dome?

Dome or Open?  Spritz once and not again?  Spritz an already wet rapid rooter plug?

dome yes. every other day I open the dome and squirt the water hose spray in.

I decrease the pressure and fill each little medicine cup, with a rapid rooter resting inside.

The medicine cups are reusable till they get broke or funky. cheap enough too.

I poked a little hole into the bottom/side of each, and a drain hole in the dome tray with a water catch.

They perform better when they look dry, than when they are kept soaked.

soak once, let it dry out to the touch. the plants will let you know when to water.

Turbo Klone   I use purefided water  cap full of peroxide  cap full of  clonex souloutin  and dip in clonex jel ..  100% roots  going on 4 years now,  no misting  no work at all check back in 7 days add one more cap of clonex souloutin  great roots to plant by day 11  at the most.

Edited by cristinew

Do you put the plug into a holder with the bottom of the plug in a small amount of Clonex mix? Do you use a heating pad? How much light are the clones exposed to? Do you use a humidity dome? If so, how many days do you keep them under the dome?

I use a medical syringe, kept in the dark, filled with clonex, a plastic cutting board to trim cuttings. I either inject a dab of clonex on the board and slide the end through it on the way to the rooter. I used to inject the little hole until it filled they poke the cutting into the hole. Problem with that is the callous material at the base of the stem is obtrusive, causing irregular growth patterns later, due to roots and cells dividing like crazy all the way up the stem, instead of just the tip. after soaking the rapid rooter I use a Dixie size plastic cup

as a holder in a dome, to sturdy them up a little. I only have 4-9 at a time in only one dome. I clone only right before I flower a plant, from the final lollipop trim up.

My room(s) are kept a steady 45 RH, but the dome shows a an average of 60% naturally with wet material inside. Dome room is 80F all day and night, but the temp in the dome is naturally around 85f.

the dome(dirty) is 24 inches, and to the side of a 485 watt t5 fixture full time. I never checked the par lighting in the dome, but its poor, but good enough for clone bits.

I keep the clones in there until I have room for the cup in my veg tray, or they get embarrassingly yellow with starvation. I'd say in the dome on Friday, out by the next Friday.

I use a medical syringe, kept in the dark, filled with clonex, a plastic cutting board to trim cuttings. I either inject a dab of clonex on the board and slide the end through it on the way to the rooter. I used to inject the little hole until it filled they poke the cutting into the hole. Problem with that is the callous material at the base of the stem is obtrusive, causing irregular growth patterns later, due to roots and cells dividing like crazy all the way up the stem, instead of just the tip. after soaking the rapid rooter I use a Dixie size plastic cupas a holder in a dome, to sturdy them up a little. I only have 4-9 at a time in only one dome. I clone only right before I flower a plant, from the final lollipop trim up.My room(s) are kept a steady 45 RH, but the dome shows a an average of 60% naturally with wet material inside. Dome room is 80F all day and night, but the temp in the dome is naturally around 85f.the dome(dirty) is 24 inches, and to the side of a 485 watt t5 fixture full time. I never checked the par lighting in the dome, but its poor, but good enough for clone bits.I keep the clones in there until I have room for the cup in my veg tray, or they get embarrassingly yellow with starvation. I'd say in the dome on Friday, out by the next Friday.

Do you take cuttings from the bottom, top, or middle of the plant? Or does it even matter?

Do you take cuttings from the bottom, top, or middle of the plant? Or does it even matter?

My fastest rooters come from a topping cut. I avoid the lowest branches and prefer to clone a clean new middle 3 incher.

New growth has more growth hormones existing in it. Early flower, late flower, a single root, piece of calyx, new veg, etc, no matter. I can root a broomstick here !

I once rooted a leaf bit in a rockwool cube, after molding a dozen of them. IN culture though the leaf works very well, with roots, calyx, anthers, seeds, all relatively easy to root.

Cannabis is totipotent, meaning every cell in the plant is capable of reproducing the whole.

• 2 months later...

Turbo Klone   I use purefided water  cap full of peroxide  cap full of  clonex souloutin  and dip in clonex jel ..  100% roots  going on 4 years now,  no misting  no work at all check back in 7 days add one more cap of clonex souloutin  great roots to plant by day 11  at the most.

Turbo Klone, which model? 

This TC sounds like the winner, but i dislike how every with hydro cloner i always have to lift the tray to see if any roots.  Its akward and requires unplugging the unit (pump).  Anybody think i can see roots from the top if i replace the top with clear plexi?  or it is better to install a strip of clear plastic as a viewing window?  Or is the whole idea of anything clear as a viewing window a loser cause light causes algae?

Edited by pic book

I like the beer cups and baggies and a ruber band with clonex jell,

I always put it in cubes, I take my cuts 2 wks before flower, 1 wk ready to put in dirt!

I put a clear plastic tray cover (plastic food tray cover) poke some holes in it and I only spray distilled or ro water on them a few times a week, you can tell when they need spray!

I dont use any promix on the first stages of veg, I like to make my buckets and water it a few times befor I plant in promix, I personaly would not put clones in promix the nutes in new pro mix is a lil to powerful for clones!

I dont even use the dome any longer I never had a cloner and never will, I never used it before being legal and wont now, I like cheap grow with quality meds!

Peace

Edited by phaquetoo

I recommend using a spray cloner, EZclone 30, with Grodan cubes instead of the pucks.

Ph the cubes, and leave the wrappers on.

Provides full wetting of all cuttings, no need for domes, and if the power goes out the cubes will stay moistened by the cloner's reservoir.

You can even run the pump on a timer.

High performance, high efficiency, high redundancy, low maintenance.

My fastest rooters come from a topping cut. I avoid the lowest branches and prefer to clone a clean new middle 3 incher.

New growth has more growth hormones existing in it. Early flower, late flower, a single root, piece of calyx, new veg, etc, no matter. I can root a broomstick here !

I once rooted a leaf bit in a rockwool cube, after molding a dozen of them. IN culture though the leaf works very well, with roots, calyx, anthers, seeds, all relatively easy to root.

Cannabis is totipotent, meaning every cell in the plant is capable of reproducing the whole.

Aren't you the guy who can root a smear of green?

greg rx:  i too saw the claim to have rooted a leaf.  I never have, tho i have tried.  some of the cloner manufacturers have claimed in print to have rooted a leaf.  and some rooting prep inventors have also claimed a leaf.  what grassmatch does is far beyond what most on this board can claim, with his cell work and replication that Wayne State insists cannot be done only with household equipment. he is a valuable member of this forum.  grassmatch doesn't deserve anyone's jeer.