Flint Citizens Want Snyder’S Head; Gov. Begs Obama For Help

Norby

To hold Snyder responsible for Flint's water problems is comforting to some. So I say, by all means do so. Heck, maybe a Lansing road trip protest is in order. Pass petitions. Recall him. As if that would solve anything.

But what is the source of the lead contamination? Is it the water, or the pipes?

And how do you propose to fix this mess? Admit more refugees? Raise the minimum wage to fifty bucks? Free everything for everybody?

Here is the sad truth. Anyone reading this is wealthy by the world's standard if not American one's. We, as a nation, are spoiled, rotten. We have forgotten the ethics of our founders that made us the world's envy and taken for granted the bounty of our lands.

Our country's unfunded liabilities are $150,000,000,000,000. And rising. That's a big number. Far more than the total WEALTH of the country.

Yeah, it's Snyder's fault. It's the Republican's fault. It's management's fault. It's anybody's fault.

But not mine. No, it is never my fault.

outsideinthecold, i dont know what you are angry about, but it seems like you are angry at something. maybe you should start a new thread on whatever it is you are angry about?

i'm saying this because you dont seem to have knowledge of what has happened in flint.

maybe read some articles then get back to here ? or just rant angrily, that helps everyone...

heres a good article on it so far:

http://michiganradio.org/post/reporter-s-notebook-some-state-officials-still-denial-or-misinformed-over-flint-river-decision

I recently read that the head of the DEQ was a  political appointee who has a degree in food service. Would you like fries with that tainted water?

Meet the Director

Dan Wyant has been named Director of the DEQ by Governor Rick Snyder. Dan previously served as president and chief operating officer of the Edward Lowe Foundation, which promotes entrepreneurship and helps second-stage business owners accelerate growth for their companies, a position he held since 2005. Prior to that, he served as director of the Michigan Department of Agriculture under both Governor John Engler and Governor Jennifer Granholm. Dan was a former member of the Board of Directors of the Nature Conservancy and holds a bachelor's degree in food systems management from Michigan State University and an MBA from American University in Washington, D.C.

Snyders finger prints are all over this.

I suspect his prints are all over this as well.

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2016/01/city_hall_office_containing_wa.html

FLINT, MI – Officials say a recent city hall break-in occurred in an office containing documents related to the city's water system.

Flint police previously reported a break-in at City Hall, 1101 S. Saginaw St. over the holiday break, but information released Monday, Jan. 11, confirmed the break-in happened at a vacant executive office in the mayor's suite that contained documents related to the city's water system.

"The office that was broken into is where some water files are kept," Flint Mayor Karen Weaver said. "However, at this point it's hard to tell if any files were taken. The only thing we know for sure was stolen is a TV."

Flint Police Chief James Tolbert said investigators were working to discover if any documents connected to the city's water system were taken.

The break-in was discovered Dec. 28 by an employee when they returned from work following the holiday break. No other offices were disturbed.

"The video doesn't show anything," Tolbert said. "Officers are now doing a security survey."

The U.S. Attorney's Office confirmed Jan. 5 that it was working with the Environmental Protection Agency to investigate issues surrounding the city's water crisis.

Elevated blood lead levels have been detected in some of the city's youngest residents after the decision to use the Flint River as the city's water source. The decision was made while the city was run by four separate emergency managers appointed by Gov. Rick Snyder.

In October, the state Department of Environmental Quality acknowledged that it had failed to require the city to treat Flint River water to make it less corrosive.

Corrosive water also caused lead to leach from pipes and fixtures, and the number of children with elevated blood lead levels in the city more than doubled while the river was in use, according to a Flint pediatrician's study released in September.

Snyder, who delivered a speech in Flint on Monday, declared a state of emergency Jan. 5 for the city due to its lead issue.

Yep, you are all as bad as the other. Which is to say not bad, just incredibly opinionated. One group of you thinks the solution is banning the other group, but I won't do that.

Keep me out of the banning crap, you KNOW darn WELL that isn't true.  I never asked anyone be banned.  I never even pm'd anyone about any of this crap  And don't forget to add yourself to that group Zap.  And that''s a pretty opinionated opinion. And everyone here knows who takes the cake.  people were leaving this site cause of the crap way before I got here.  And I never attack a person without it being a retort to someone attacking me.

Besides with me and Resto it's quite easy to see I've had a bunch of the same ideas/views as Mal but who does Resto always come after?  If you can't see that your blind.  I know I'm not as bad as resto.  Just look at what I said about terpenes in the THC testing thread, exact same thing as Mal but no answer when Mal says something but I say the same thing and I'm a know it all?  Mal even came in to correct him twice and he never said anything to Mal but still stuck to his guns that I was probably wrong.  It's plain as day if you open your eyes to it.

But again I get an answer of I don't believe it, even when everyone else can see it.

Edited by Norby

HAHAHAA.  I was just answering your accusation.  I don't appreciate it that you accused me of asking that anyone be banned, I'm no who-who.  So don't spread false crap about me and subjects just die naturally.  Like I said, never even pm'd anyone about others actions. So unless it's you and bb and resto who wants the other group banned then you accusing me, grass and suneday of wanting people banned. 

From what I've seen, it is simply open calls from the three of you for banning Resto and beourbud. I'm not accusing anybody of sending PMs. Your sentiments are open and clear directly in the forums. Perhaps I have misconstrued them. No matter since I was roughly ignoring them anyway.

Let's get on with it. This bores me already.

don't appreciate the accusation either. I said the problems here would be solved if armchair captain resto was banned. I never said he should be. Just that it would be a better place if he were.

Word games kinda suck, eh?

HAHAHA.  Reading into my posts?  I'd get another hobby.

I'd appreciate it if Resto and BB didn't take their frustrations out on people here just because of their views(somehow they think yelling at us somehow solves something other than their frustrations at our expense).  I just present my views and react when people take them out of context or make silly analogies to them. I never ask either of them or you to comment or berate me.  You do that yourselves.

I would however not be happy with ANYONE being banned.

So you mostly ignore our posts but you are supposed to be a moderator?  Maybe if you paid attention......

Edited by Norby

I just present my views and react when people take them out of context or make silly analogies to them. I never ask either of them or you to comment or berate me.  You do that yourselves.

I would however not be happy with ANYONE being banned.

Exactly! Just sick and tired of words being twisted and the surreptitious name calling.

obama didnt do the full disaster situation.

snyder is appealing it but i dont think it will help any.

i wonder if the people of flint will just start digging up pipes on their own?

similar thing happens when people demolish the burned-husk houses in detroit by themselves.

city wont do it, state wont do it, might as well do it yourself...

outsideinthecold, i dont know what you are angry about, but it seems like you are angry at something. maybe you should start a new thread on whatever it is you are angry about?

i'm saying this because you dont seem to have knowledge of what has happened in flint.

maybe read some articles then get back to here ? or just rant angrily, that helps everyone...

heres a good article on it so far:

http://michiganradio.org/post/reporter-s-notebook-some-state-officials-still-denial-or-misinformed-over-flint-river-decision

I have no trouble understanding outside. Flint did not want to pay their bill to Detroit Water and now want to blame anyone but themselves.

I am going to tell you about posting on a forum now.

When you post something on a public forum, it is almost exactly like asking other members there to comment and and discuss the issue with you. Almost exactly.

So. simply by coming to the website and making your content available to others, you are asking for any subsequent commentary that ensues. I would not identify anything that goes on here as berating, but people have differing sensitivities. That is why we have more than one moderator, and some moderators make different decisions than I do.

I apologize if you took my comment as ignoring your posts, I did not mean that, just that I ignore the comments and calls regarding banning. I do read the rest of your posts, each of you. I hope that makes you feel better that I'm doing my job as a moderator.

There is really no reason to continue any of this talk. I've shown absolute steadfastness in not banning any of you for many, many months now.

Again, twisting my words.  I don't care if people comment when you post something up that IS exactly what you are doing.  It's when you twist my words, don't act the same towards your friends views when they match mine and when you cheerlead without adding anything pertinent to the threads by berating a bill when yours is just as bad or in worse straits to get sigs or pass or when you start commenting on my life when you don't know what your talking about. Resto has mischaracterized that I was a CBD only patient, outright calls me an anti, mischaracterizes me as a republican, etc.etc.etc.  Those things are childish and meant to drive people away from here, purposefully.  Resto has told me to leave the state for my views outright, strait up.  If you don't warn people about attacking others then this is what you'll get on this site.  A few people with narrow views as the only ones commenting cause others won't put up with the shiit. It's one thing to discuss things with people with different views and another to let attacks occur because you hold the same view.

At least I've put people on the ignore list.  I try and get along with others on this site.  When I'm in a mood I don't click on certain peoples posts or don't come here.  I don't think others here provide the same courtesy. I have been really good until I saw you saying I wanted people banned. 

Hmmmm, fecal position. Interesting!

Imagine That!

Thank You to Everyone who came out in the cold to stand up for We the People.

The enthusiasm was palpable, Everyone of One mind and One accord.

Come to find out , the same folk protesting Flints water are Abrogate supporters. We ran out of petitions collecting sigs.....

WINNING!

Can we add a dedicated "Fighting with Resto" forum? It might keep the threads more on subject. ;-)

On a more serious note: I do my best to bring a thread back on topic. 

I think that Snyder's Emergency Manager Water Catastrophe will bring the seriousness of the decisions made during a take over of a city to light. The decisions and infrastructure changes should be made very carefully, without misguided motivations, and at the direct liability of the Governor involved. 

Republican Tea Party Congressman Justin Amash - Michigan Opposes Federal Assistance For Flint Water Crisis

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2016/01/justin_amash_stands_alone_oppo.html

GRAND RAPIDS, MI -- As the political heat intensifies around the Flint water contamination crisis, Rep. Justin Amash stands by himself among the Michigan congressional delegation by opposing federal intervention and assistance.

Amash, R-Cascade Township, takes the position that the state should be at the forefront in responding to the crisis.

"While the U.S. Constitution does not authorize the federal government to intervene in an intrastate matter like this one, the State of Michigan should provide comprehensive assistance to the people of Flint," Amash said. "The residents who were harmed deserve an independent, nonpartisan investigation, and the persons responsible for this crisis must be held accountable."

Amash, in his time as a state and federal lawmaker, has frequently been part of a vocal minority on matters that he believes fall outside the scope of the Constitution.

Rep. Dan Kildee, D-Flint, appealed to President Barack Obama for a federal disaster declaration, backing a request from Gov. Rick Snyder.

Obama denied the request, but approved an emergency declaration that sets the stage for financial help and coordination from the Federal Emergency Management Agency. The president's administration determined the request did not meet the standards of being a major disaster because it was not a natural catastrophe.

Kildee's letter to Obama was signed by the other 14 members of the state's Washington contingent, marking a bipartisan effort to respond to the lead pollution in the municipal water supply.

"Lead exposure can have lifelong impacts on neurological and behavioral development. To combat this exposure, the state's request includes federal funding for water infrastructure improvements, support for health care and nutritional assistance," Kildee wrote. "It is important that the requested assistance be dispatched immediately to Flint in order to respond to this crisis by providing safe drinking water and protecting the health of city residents.

"Your swift response is critical to address this ongoing public emergency and its long-term impacts on the people of Flint, especially its children."

Despite Snyder's request, the governor has drawn harsh criticism and scorn for the slow response by his administration to the calamity.

State tests first showed elevated lead levels in 2014 and health officials are checking into a possible relationship to 87 cases of Legionnaire's disease, 10 of which were fatal.

Bill Huizenga, West Michigan's Second District congressman, supported the bid for aid.

"Time is of the essence," said Huizenga, R-Zeeland Township. "I am glad to see President Obama respond so quickly to Governor Snyder's request for assistance. Our first priority must be the health and safety of the people of Flint."