Supreme Court Ruling - McQueen - Compassionate Apothacary

Right. I gave him a few ounces. Drove right over to his house and gave it to him in private. Never for a second did I feel like I was going to get busted for it. Why can't we just do it that way? Why does everything have to be right out in public? It's not so hard to mind your own business and do these things in private. It's just about impossible to get in trouble for it that way. The only reason we are even debating this is because dispensaries want to use it to make money. Otherwise, there's no problem with patient to patient transfers IN PRIVATE. No one even cares if you did it just to help someone. Do it at a store for money and law enforcement is up in arms. Why do we even want to do that? It's nuts.

I have been saying loose lips sink ships for a long time now, maybe people dont understand that, so I applaud you for finaly saying it in alot more words than I!

Peace

Jim

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I CARE!" You may be tired of hearing it, but the man was wronged by this state and he needs and deserves our support. Have you any idea what this family has been through? I find your statement to be cruel and uncaring. Why are you here? Where is your compassion? What if it were you, would you just sit back quietly and take your lumps even if you were the one on the right side of our law?

Chill man, have a little compassion for your brothers and sisters. Peace and Love.

Thanks John for your support it means a lot to us

tn_gallery_16127_239_105348.jpeg

For those of you that wondered why the legislature decided to require standards for certifications..... Guess they worked. This one will no longer do renewals by phone, you have to actual see a doctor for them since the new laws were passed.

Dr. Bob

Edited by Dr. Bob

Some of your comments are so lacking in context they really come off insulting. I am saying this to you as a friend. The snow must be very, very deep there, and you probably don't get to talk to anyone but your cat nowadays, so I'll forgive it.

Of course our club has connected patients and caregivers, taught them to grow, enabled them to get seeds and clones, and even medicine while they are waiting for harvest. All from a monthly library meeting with NO CANNABIS ALLOWED. However, until now, the volume of patients and caregivers has been low enough that at least the initial hookup happens naturally with little intervention by me, and to this date, no formal, public mechanism has been needed to accomplish our mission. After having meetings relatively consistently for the past 3 1/2 years, I can honestly say that there has only been one person that has come to the club and asked me to get directly involved that has not been helped by somebody in our club. She was familiar with MOCC and was looking for a farmer's market, however. To my knowledge, there is nobody in our club that just sells marijuana to any patient looking for it, so we seem to be incapable of helping those people (for now).

This wave of dispensary closures is likely going to increase the number of unattached patients and caregivers, however, and as labor-intensive as it has been in a couple of cases helping to manage and/or kickstart the relationships created by the social and educational environment of the club, I know that I need a way for more people to do what is necessary independent of my efforts, which have, honestly, dwindled over time. Many months I wondered why I continued to hold a meeting, actually, as it just didn't seem that many people wanted or needed our help. We have been holding it together with a dedicated core, just by being there every month. We will be there again February 19 at 7 pm.

When Birmingham Compassion started, for the first few months, we had 80-100 people per meeting, every meeting. After the dispensaries opened, and even after the Oakland County dispensaries were closed, our average attendance was 10-20.

Hopefully developing this community resource and making it available only at the open, public meeting will drive patients and caregivers to really come and be a part, and also use the club as a vehicle to reach out to new patients and caregivers, and keep them coming back. The third column is a fantastic idea, Highlander, thanks.

keep up the good work you do and thanks

Sometimes you just can't tell who your friends are

the snow must be very deep up their The BS is deeper

I have read some about your long drawn out case and I just don't understand

how do you blame her for writing this law

why do you feel that it's her Fault

no one blames her for writing the law.

the law clearly says that its to protect patients. 63% of michigan supports this, 100% support the law (because its the law...).

the problem is that this prosecutor has spent vast amounts of her time and our dime on prosecuting a patient as if he were a drug cartel.

WHY DOESNT SHE SPEND HER TIME AND OUR DIME ON REAL CRIMINALS, NOT PATIENTS?

back in time i think judges were meant to be arbiters.

so if there was a problem, the judges could find a quick and just solution to the problem.

in KING's case, the judge could compel mr king to secure his dog kennel into the ground and cover it with cloth/plastic.

why waste everyones time with a 4 year court battle?

did you read the michigan supreme court opinion on king?

the police found a food dehydrator ?

Kingpinn: what devious crimes were you planning to commit with your food dehydrator?

why is it important that the supreme court of michigan has to put that in thier opinion?

Edited by t-pain

no one blames her for writing the law.

the law clearly says that its to protect patients. 63% of michigan supports sick and injured people.

the problem is that this prosecutor has spent vast amounts of her time and our dime on prosecuting a patient as if he were a drug cartel.

WHY DOESNT SHE SPEND HER TIME AND OUR DIME ON REAL CRIMINALS, NOT PATIENTS?

back in time i think judges were meant to be arbiters.

so if there was a problem, the judges could find a quick and just solution to the problem.

in KING's case, the judge could compel mr king to secure his dog kennel into the ground and cover it with cloth/plastic.

why waste everyones time with a 4 year court battle?

did you read the michigan supreme court opinion on king?

the police found a food dehydrator ?

Kingpinn: what devious crimes were you planning to commit with your food dehydrator?

why is it important that the supreme court of michigan has to put that in thier opinion?

Thank You. Some real discussion. Other than you deservered everything you got KING. In my eye's my matter could have and should have been taken care of with a compliance ticket like King your taillight is out you have ten days to comply. Not four years of torcher Edited by Kingpinn

One must accept what responsibility they have caused for themselves.

I feel horrible for King here. Absolutely. Sux donkey. But did anyone think that a dog kennel under your neighbours nose was a good idea?

*shrug*

Mistakes were made. Attention was drawn.

The law was the law. It has a safety valve for people that do dumb things. I truly hope, and expect, the safety valve to work for Mr King here.

But i think he should also accept some responsibility for his own actions. This law is very strict and highly regulated. Not sure who told him growing in a community with close neighbours in a fence open to the world was a smart idea, but,... talk about bad advice.

We all make mistakes in life. Blaming everyone else for your bad decision is no way to move on in life.

thank you mal for clearing that up...

now that's a statement i can get behind.

not near as harsh to the ears...

we are responsible to the extent we understand the ramifications of our actions.

obviously king thought his facility was sufficient.

apparently it maybe was not.

the lesson here is that - we are learning as we go.. sometimes painfully and costly.