What Percentage Of Your Medication Came From Dispensaries?

142 members have voted

1. 1. What percentage of your medication came from dispensaries?

• 0 - 10%
    • 10 - 20%
    • 20 - 30%
    • 30 - 40%
    • 40 - 50%
    • 50 - 60%
    • 60 - 70%
    • 70 - 80%
    • 80 - 90%
    • 90 - 100%

• 3 months later...

With quasi-legalization, why is it surprising that a criminal element gets involved?  Do they do backround checks on growers and caregivers.  Are convicted felons screened out?

Why would a  legit law-abiding citizen get involved with the medical marijuana industry?  The state attorney general doesn't believe in medical marijuana and vows to fight it every step of the way.  Then there is risk of federal prosecution.

With quasi-legalization, why is it surprising that a criminal element gets involved?  Do they do backround checks on growers and caregivers.  Are convicted felons screened out?

Why would a  legit law-abiding citizen get involved with the medical marijuana industry?  The state attorney general doesn't believe in medical marijuana and vows to fight it every step of the way.  Then there is risk of federal prosecution.

Caregivers are HEAVILY screened.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I like, many other veteran cannabis users love to garden, but with the present administration are the same politicians who were against med marijuana in 2008. It was no quirk that the State of Michigan is involved with a Canadian Co using abandoned mines in the UP.  If marijuana is lowered to a schedule 2 classification the state has already said they would offer pharmaceutical cannabis available in local pharmacies. Next is the law that forbids growing for personal use. Same Same moonshiners.

There are plenty of dispensaries out there open for business. The people that tell you there aren't any are caregivers. They don't want you to be able to find your meds on your own,because then they have to give up growing your 12 plants. CGs are HEAVILY SCREENED? What a joke! They should be! Most of them sell what they over-priced for their patients. Now tell me this isn't true............................if you do,you are a liar.

There are plenty of dispensaries out there open for business. The people that tell you there aren't any are caregivers. They don't want you to be able to find your meds on your own,because then they have to give up growing your 12 plants. CGs are HEAVILY SCREENED? What a joke! They should be! Most of them sell what they over-priced for their patients. Now tell me this isn't true............................if you do,you are a liar.

Who said there are not any dispensaries?  I haven't see any such discussion.  Can you post a link?

Are dispensaries screened? 

Why would CGs want people to believe that there are no dispensaries?  Where do dispensaries get meds?  Oh yeah from CGs.  So why would a CG say that there are no dispensaries and thereby jeopardize the ability to dump overages on dispensaries.  I simply doesn't make any sense.

Any competent CG knows that he/she can make more money selling to five patients AND dispensaries than selling to only five patients.

Edited by Highlander

I have to jump on board here also, real c.g's will take care of you no matter what the situation,,,,,well I guess if a c.g got involved with a pt and they had an agree ment and the pt was not able to hold up there end for like a yr,,,you know, oh i realy need some but cant afford it now, im gonna give the pt the benifit of the doubt, im gonna continue to help that pt as long as I can as long as it dont start taking away from my family!

If a pt cant afford to do as their c.g/pt agreement says!  they should not start a cg/pt relationship!

I didnt like my 1st c.g, we ended our agreement,

You seem to have nothing but bad to say about c.g's,,Why dont you just grow your own, Im sure you already complained about how you cant grow, but what the hell lets here it again, and how many c.g's have you had?

Im very curious to know what your c.g experiences have been and you f.m and dispense experience has been!  I highly doubt you can say anything nice about anything I asked you.

I personaly had to ask my dr. for some help with my anger, unfortunatly it is in pill form, untill i can get a strain that works as well, I will put up with the side effects for those around me and myself!

Heres to hoping you start feeling better on the inside!

Peace

Everything isn't black and white. There are some good caregivers and there are some bad caregivers. The tough part is finding a good one. The caregiver I started off with I found through a referral service where I got certified. And he was terrible, I couldn't get ahold of him, and when I did he didn't have anything. So I found another through craigslist and he showed me pictures of his grow and even gave me a quarter when I signed on with him. I was excited because it was really good and he told me he'd give me an ounce every month for free. Well I go to call him 2 weeks later and he must have changed his number because it wouldn't connect (keep in mind I had called him before at the same number). So I get out the paperwork we filled out to see if he had a different number listed on there and he didn't. I mailed him a letter to the po box he listed as his address and I never heard back from him. So finally out of frustration I went to a dispensary (I was really hesitant to do this because of all the bad things I've heard) and became a member. I showed them all my medical records so they would know I wasn't just trying to get high and they seemed genuinely concerned and now I can get anything from them for  $7.50 a gram. But I must be lucky and have went to a good place because I always hear bad things about dispensaries. I'd still rather have a caregiver just to get the free ounce a month.

Everything isn't black and white. There are some good caregivers and there are some bad caregivers. The tough part is finding a good one. The caregiver I started off with I found through a referral service where I got certified. And he was terrible, I couldn't get ahold of him, and when I did he didn't have anything. So I found another through craigslist and he showed me pictures of his grow and even gave me a quarter when I signed on with him. I was excited because it was really good and he told me he'd give me an ounce every month for free. Well I go to call him 2 weeks later and he must have changed his number because it wouldn't connect (keep in mind I had called him before at the same number). So I get out the paperwork we filled out to see if he had a different number listed on there and he didn't. I mailed him a letter to the po box he listed as his address and I never heard back from him. So finally out of frustration I went to a dispensary (I was really hesitant to do this because of all the bad things I've heard) and became a member. I showed them all my medical records so they would know I wasn't just trying to get high and they seemed genuinely concerned and now I can get anything from them for  $7.50 a gram. But I must be lucky and have went to a good place because I always hear bad things about dispensaries. I'd still rather have a caregiver just to get the free ounce a month.

BINGO.  There is your mistake.  You have to ask yourself why a CG would use his time on money to grow meds only to give them away for free to a complete stranger.  Such a CG is generally one of two sorts:  A.  He wants maximum plant count so he can grow his limit and illegally sell his overages to dispensaries or other folks or    B. He is such a poor grower that he thinks adding additional plants will help him supply his other patients with a reliable source of meds.

Many people who get lured into a "free meds" arrangement get what they pay for.  Compare this to any other facet of your life.  If you saw a sign at a gas station that said "free gas" would you pull up and pump $50 worth of the free gas into your tank?  Or would you pause and ask yourself why the owner is giving away free gas?  Maybe he has water in his tanks, maybe he bought a load of gummy, old gas from Mexico and just wants to give it away rather than pay $1.50/gallon to have it hauled away as waste.  Your guess is as good as mine.  Or maybe you stop at a used car lot.  (for comparison sake, let's say an oz of meds is worth a paltry $150 and you get one per month = 24 oz over the two-year period a card is good for = $3600)  So if a used car dealer offered you a "free" $3600 car would you say "Aw Shucks, thanks" or maybe pause moment and evaluate what is really driving this deal?

Have you ever seen those people in parking lots of abandoned buildings with signs that say "Free Windshield Repair?"  And you pull in and then they give you the song-and-dance that it is only "free" if you have comprehensive insurance and if your policy covers glass breakage with no deductible.  So you drive away disappointed because if you had such a policy you would have already gotten your windshield repaired. 

You've heard the phrase "There is no such thing as a free lunch"  Well, there is also no such thing and free cannabis.  Even if you 'score" a CG who gives you quality meds for free, you have to ask yourself "At what price?" 

Maybe this CG gives you free meds and charges other patients more to cover the cost.  Is that OK with you?  That some other sick person needs to pay more so you get free meds?  Maybe the CG gives free meds to get your 12 plants and he sells overages to a dispensary.  Do you really want to associate with such a person?  If/when he gets caught in the LEO dragnet, do you want to be called into his legal proceedings and asked to testify?  Are you willing to bear the scrutiny of the weight of the prosecutor's office when they grill you for answers...because they want to implicate you as an accomplice?  If you have a CG tell you "I'll give you free meds and any overages will be sold to a dispensary" then you just joined a conspiracy...and as a conspirator your penalty upon conviction is as harsh as the guy who did the crime.  4+ years.

And if you think that such a CG will be steadfast in his position and not drag you into his own mess, then you are more gullible than the most gullible Canadian.  Realistically, these "free meds" CGs will most likely roll on their own patients in order to cut a deal with the prosecutor.

There is an old saying:  "You pay your money and you take your chances"

Then you need to ask yourself what chances are you willing to take when you don't pay your money?  The answer is that you pay with your freedom.

So the final question is, 'What is the real cost of free meds."  (Sounds like you got your answer already)

Edited by Highlander

BINGO.  There is your mistake.  You have to ask yourself why a CG would use his time on money to grow meds only to give them away for free to a complete stranger.  Such a CG is generally one of two sorts:  A.  He wants maximum plant count so he can grow his limit and illegally sell his overages to dispensaries or other folks or    B. He is such a poor grower that he thinks adding additional plants will help him supply his other patients with a reliable source of meds.

Many people who get lured into a "free meds" arrangement get what they pay for.  Compare this to any other facet of your life.  If you saw a sign at a gas station that said "free gas" would you pull up and pump $50 worth of the free gas into your tank?  Or would you pause and ask yourself why the owner is giving away free gas?  Maybe he has water in his tanks, maybe he bought a load of gummy, old gas from Mexico and just wants to give it away rather than pay $1.50/gallon to have it hauled away as waste.  Your guess is as good as mine.

Have you ever seen those people in parking lots of abandoned buildings with signs that say "Free Windshield Repair?"  And you pull in and then they give you the song-and-dance that it is only "free" if you have comprehensive insurance and if your policy covers glass breakage with no deductible.  So you drive away disappointed because if you had such a policy you would have already gotten your windshield repaired. 

You've heard the phrase "There is no such thing as a free lunch"  Well, there is also no such thing and free cannabis.  Even if you 'score" a CG who gives you quality meds for free, you have to ask yourself "At what price?" 

Maybe this CG gives you free meds and charges other patients more to cover the cost.  Is that OK with you?  That some other sick person needs to pay more so you get free meds?  Maybe the CG gives free meds to get your 12 plants and he sells overages to a dispensary.  Do you really want to associate with such a person?  If/when he gets caught in the LEO dragnet, do you want to be called into his legal proceedings and asked to testify?  Are you willing to bear the scrutiny of the weight of the prosecutor's office when they grill you for answers...because they want to implicate you as an accomplice?  If you have a CG tell you "I'll give you free meds and any overages will be sold to a dispensary" then you just joined a conspiracy...and as a conspirator your penalty upon conviction is as harsh as the guy who did the crime.  4+ years.

And if you think that such a CG will be steadfast in his position and not drag you into his own mess, then you are more gullible than the most gullible Canadian.  Realistically, these "free meds" CGs will most likely roll on their own patients in order to cut a deal with the prosecutor.

There is an old saying:  "You pay your money and you take your chances"

Then you need to ask yourself what chances are you willing to take when you don't pay your money?  The answer is that you pay with your freedom.

So the final question is, 'What is the real cost of free meds."  (Sounds like you got your answer already)

Um he has 12 of my plants. I think I'm entitled to something