News! Medical Marijuana Bills To Hit Senate Floor Next Week!

suneday11

Above all else it is urgent and important that nothing be done to undo our right to grow our own. That can be expected, if not immediately then shortly down the road. I don't think that is wild speculation, but that it is assured. At some point there will be a wholesale grab for that right, and till then there will be efforts to minimize it by inches.

How will the 50 ounces every 60 days be enforced? Sounds like Michigan will need a marijuana enforcement division like CO.

Precisely why they will want to cut down on the number of people growing. If they only have one or two "pharmaceutical grade" growers then they only need a couple of inspectors.

They would surely like to inspect every grow in the state but it's logistically difficult.

Just in case no one has noticed they are already trying to do away with the sales of farm eggs and milk. (for the public safety)

The state now says the Right to Farm Act only applies to large farms. I've spoken with farmers who have been threatened with fines by the Federal government for selling eggs at a roadside stand.

I'm sure these same concepts will be applied to home grown cannabis too. (for the children)

I can see the right to grow being #1 on the list of what,they want to take away. and #1 on the list of what LEO wants as well. too much money being spread around to ya know"the little people" we probably don't have any idea how much danger we are in, better to have a big ,safe ,honest,pharmacutical company. do this for us,they went to college.    WARNING  this joint may cause anal leakage

lara or the health dept made a boo boo when they wrote the law, I like how it is now but they should have had a certain amount of tax involved, they are letting us growers grow and charge for recoup including labor and tax free!  Not to bright in my opinion, they dont have to put a big tax on it, but there should be like a 3% sales tax for what is collected from pt's, if you give your mm to your pt's free you get to right off all of the actual costs against the free you give, something like that would prob get them off of our a s s's. but the law was wrote and voted on by the people and now they realize what they did wrong, and they want their $$$$ our state is the highest gas tax around the other states this way and our auto industry is not no where like it was,,,,the realy need to allow farmers to grow hemp, and growers to pay a small tax on sales to their pt's, but it should not be forced to charge pt's if you dont, some one may have 5 pt's and only charge 3 of them and give the other 2 free because they are indegent or close,

if our state was getting a slice they wouldnt even think of despenses, they are going to tax the hell out of them, the way they do pharmacy's!

It is always about the almighty dollar when it comes to politicians!

Peace

lara or the health dept made a boo boo when they wrote the law

it was mpp that wrote the ballot initiative.

thanks mpp.

also you cant tax medicine, its a bad idea.

you're thinking about taxing marijuana for non-medical, which is a good idea.

Edited by t-pain

it was mpp that wrote the ballot initiative.

thanks mpp.

also you cant tax medicine, its a bad idea.

you're thinking about taxing marijuana for non-medical, which is a good idea.

ok than it is a tax for the labor you charge the pt,  Look Im not into paying taxes but if we could come to a happy medium it would sure be better than what we have!

Peace

lara or the health dept made a boo boo when they wrote the law, I like how it is now but they should have had a certain amount of tax involved, they are letting us growers grow and charge for recoup including labor and tax free!  Not to bright in my opinion, they dont have to put a big tax on it, but there should be like a 3% sales tax for what is collected from pt's, if you give your mm to your pt's free you get to right off all of the actual costs against the free you give, something like that would prob get them off of our a s s's. but the law was wrote and voted on by the people and now they realize what they did wrong, and they want their $$$$ our state is the highest gas tax around the other states this way and our auto industry is not no where like it was,,,,the realy need to allow farmers to grow hemp, and growers to pay a small tax on sales to their pt's, but it should not be forced to charge pt's if you dont, some one may have 5 pt's and only charge 3 of them and give the other 2 free because they are indegent or close,

if our state was getting a slice they wouldnt even think of despenses, they are going to tax the hell out of them, the way they do pharmacy's!

It is always about the almighty dollar when it comes to politicians!

Peace

Thanks Jim 

The State is already making millions off of this program where is that Money going ? 

ok than it is a tax for the labor you charge the pt,  Look Im not into paying taxes but if we could come to a happy medium it would sure be better than what we have!

Peace

Thanks again Jim

The only thing that will work now is Leo to go back doing what they have been doing before the Law passed Leo doesn't like change so that being said the way things are going to go now is having the State take over and control  all the  Cannabis  i'am sorry to say that means no one will be able to grow but them and if you don't get your Cannabis from the store it will be illegal to have

Just like with pills if they are not in the right bottle with your name on it their illegal for you to have 

IMHO and it is my own things are going to change real soon here in Michigan after the Bill pass we will be looking back and talking about how the good old day where because it's never going to be like it was for the last 5 + years

Edited by bobandtorey

Thanks again Jim

The only thing that will work now is Leo to go back going what they have been doing before the Law passed Leo doesn't like change so that being said the way things are going to go now is having the State take over and control all the Cannabis i'am sorry to say that means no one will be able to grow but them and if you don't get your Cannabis from the store it will be illegal to have

Just like with pills if they are not in the right bottle with your name on it their illegal for you to have

IMHO and it is my own things are going to change real soon here in Michigan after the Bill pass we will be looking back and talking about how the good old day where because it's never going to be like it was for the last 5 + years

If that ends up being the case....bet it wont take long to straight out legalize...

It's noon and the gavel just dropped.  

Followed by a prayer and at the current time, 12:23 pm, they are still in recess.  Could be a long day ahead.

Government Operations
Wednesday, July 16, 2014, 1 pm
Capitol, Senate Rooms S-402 & 403
Sen. Randy Richardville, Chair

Senate just called to order at 1:04 pm.  

Edited by cheapshades

I'm confused.  This looks like the appropriations committee (mms://streamer.senate.michigan.gov/encoderb-av), and I'm looking for the Gov Operations Committee.  They both were scheduled to start at 1pm, and the link on the senate.michigan.org is the same for both meetings.  Am I missing something here?

I'm confused.  This looks like the appropriations committee (mms://streamer.senate.michigan.gov/encoderb-av), and I'm looking for the Gov Operations Committee.  They both were scheduled to start at 1pm, and the link on the senate.michigan.org is the same for both meetings.  Am I missing something here?

I was about to ask the same thing.

Use the senate channel, not the gov ops channel

The main Senate body adjourned until 13 Aug at 10:00.  

The only remaining active feed was the Transportation committee. 

The committee meeting chaired by Richardville has just went live and appears to be about ready to start.

It's officially on at 1:30 pm.

Edited by cheapshades

adjourned at 2:15 pm.

-------------------

Michigan State Police concerns are:

Large amounts of cash without protection of banking.

Six instances of people in Colorado died after consuming medibles.

MSP has no problem with medical use other than smoking, but protections needed for the safety of patients.

-------------------

Elaine Womboldt, private citizen:  opposes bill.  no regard for protection of neighborhoods, citizens. 

prohibit centers in residential areas.  mold, fungicides, pesticides, cannabis odor, dumped into neighborhood environments.  

air quality control not addressed for air released to the open environment.

claims her personal health has been effected 

-------------------

that's all the notes I took.

Best to all & look forward to the future.
Edited by cheapshades