Peanutbutters Oil

Are you serious?  So now Bipolar and Dipolar are the same thing?

No, actually I proposed several possibilities, including "I dunno"

what will you say of the "CHEM101 textbook copy paste" referring to the "bipolar water molecule" ?

you seem to have missed this part of that post. here ya go friend.

"

maybe your old school dipolar is now also acceptably called bipolar? I dunno. The entirety of my defense will rely on "science superschool" and the chapter in a chem book copy pastes. I'm no chemist, nor did I claim to be. but I do sense when I am being attacked, not asked for clarification. The meaning or misunderstanding of dipolar vs bipolar has lost all of my interests really. The fact that this is deterring from the relevant thread is a disservice to the community. I said no microwave. that's it. if you agree, don't use one, if not, be my guest. if you think microwaves do your food good, then so be it, we could agree to disagree maybe. I am unable to argue this point any longer without copy pasting facts from science, sound technology, water physics, etc, simply because I know nothing of any of those. But I do know that microwaves are not a healthy choice for warming foods, blood, or oil. maybe we disagree ? I don't care, do you ?"

appears I was actually asking you if this was possible, not that you cared to read it that way maybe.

Edited by grassmatch

what will you say of the "CHEM101 textbook copy paste" referring to the "bipolar water molecule" ?

"

maybe your old school dipolar is now also acceptably called bipolar? I dunno. The entirety of my defense will rely on "science superschool" and the chapter in a chem book copy pastes. I'm no chemist, nor did I claim to be. but I do sense when I am being attacked, not asked for clarification. The meaning or misunderstanding of dipolar vs bipolar has lost all of my interests really. The fact that this is deterring from the relevant thread is a disservice to the community. I said no microwave. that's it. if you agree, don't use one, if not, be my guest. if you think microwaves do your food good, then so be it, we could agree to disagree maybe. I am unable to argue this point any longer without copy pasting facts from science, sound technology, water physics, etc, simply because I know nothing of any of those. But I do know that microwaves are not a healthy choice for warming foods, blood, or oil. maybe we disagree ? I don't care, do you ?"

appears I was actually asking you if this was possible, not that you cared to read it that way maybe.

OK, well I'm sorry if I depart from your version of what you think is relevant to this tread.  But you asserted your position as higher than that forwarded by garyfisher. So now it is on you to support your own position.  GaryF kinda laughed at you because you seemed to get all mussed-up and confused the difference between bipolar and a dipolar molecule.  He asserted his background, and now you still seem to be clinging to your previous position.  At some point, you’d gain some credibility if you’d simply acknowledge the difference between bipolar and dipolar.  The choice is yours.  Again, I can find 100 websites that use the term “bipolar” when the intent is “dipolar.”  This is a discussion about chemistry and semantics.  You challenged him on the semantics. So its your turn to deliver.

"

I'm all for a thread on whether to microwave or not.  But you took the dicussion past that.

too cool man ! I never knew anyone else who had the dyslexic typo with the word "form/from"....cept me, and now you....well ruffle my feathers. that is of course if was just a one time thing......

Not a one time thing. I can't type worth a ... well you know.  But when I review what I type I am always fixing from/form. And other words that get mixed around. That one slipped by.

I'm all for a thread on whether to microwave or not.  But you took the dicussion past that.

The words used to defend my posts were selected as individual debates. I'm not one to be bullied, so

each word was explored, and taken the discussion to new heights, and lows. ask me a question, and blame me for answering, alrighty then.

I only said don't microwave the oil. the rest were great answers to trivial questions, meant to attack.

Jointed one I see you blocked me from pm'ing you, are you going to change your phone number also?  I did not mean harm when I said that, I think you took my words out of context,,,but im ok with that if you want to not be friends, I have enough b.s in my life to try and explain things to some one I dont even know!

Peace

edit= I am glad we could talk this morn,,,,I want to be your friend and you mine!

Edited by phaquetoo

you seem to have missed this part of that post. here ya go friend."maybe your old school dipolar is now also acceptably called bipolar? I dunno. The entirety of my defense will rely on "science superschool" and the chapter in a chem book copy pastes. I'm no chemist, nor did I claim to be. but I do sense when I am being attacked, not asked for clarification. The meaning or misunderstanding of dipolar vs bipolar has lost all of my interests really. The fact that this is deterring from the relevant thread is a disservice to the community. I said no microwave. that's it. if you agree, don't use one, if not, be my guest. if you think microwaves do your food good, then so be it, we could agree to disagree maybe. I am unable to argue this point any longer without copy pasting facts from science, sound technology, water physics, etc, simply because I know nothing of any of those. But I do know that microwaves are not a healthy choice for warming foods, blood, or oil. maybe we disagree ? I don't care, do you ?"

I didn't see this before. Often when I see a post that was copy/pasted I won't take the time to read the material, especially if there is no source quoted or the source is suspect. That paragraph above was put after a large block of pasted text and blended right it. It wasn't obvious where the paste stopped and the original material began.

I also missed your question (copied below) so I'll answer below:

Q: btw, why do others need to often defend those that attack posters I wonder? often the same few are attacking, and the same few are defending. whats up with that ?

A: you seem to be equating attacking a poster and disagreeing with a post. When you recognize that someone is attacking a post rather than the poster, you'll see that it isn't that "same few are attacking and the same few defending". It is more like the same few asking questions and trying to sort out the good info from the bad. Sometimes this gets feelings hurt. From what I could see in this thread, your copy/pasted info was challenged, you defended it, there was debate leading to some personal bashing, which you participated in (maybe started as I recall you saying something about eating the sex organs of one's ego, or something like that).

People who post a lot and post lots of copied information are asked more frequently to defend their positions. I don't see this as an attack.

Edited by Highlander

interesting .

if you're going to attempt to moderate and discuss post, it would be fair to assume you care enough to know the totality of your stance. Please read before commenting to avoid confusion, especially when posing in the middle of a personal attack, and a soft poster sharing concerns of microwaving essential healing oils.

Or, you could just let accusers handle their own accusations for thought?  Everybody wants to be a lawyer eh. I get it. help the underdogs when they slip up. but don't judge me for my defense.my post was not inflammatory, name calling, or even addressed to anyone except as directed. nothing to do with you, or gf, or resto or any of the team. Only my opinion as to the microwaving of oils. That's it man. the rest was gf and your show. 

please carry on with the essentials of "pb oil" for an educational experience.

interesting .

if you're going to attempt to moderate and discuss post, it would be fair to assume you care enough to know the totality of your stance. Please read before commenting to avoid confusion, especially when posing in the middle of a personal attack, and a soft poster sharing concerns of microwaving essential healing oils.

Or, you could just let accusers handle their own accusations for thought?  Everybody wants to be a lawyer eh. I get it. help the underdogs when they slip up. but don't judge me for my defense.my post was not inflammatory, name calling, or even addressed to anyone except as directed. nothing to do with you, or gf, or resto or any of the team. Only my opinion as to the microwaving of oils. That's it man. the rest was gf and your show. 

please carry on with the essentials of "pb oil" for an educational experience.

Let people handle their own accusations?  I don’t understand what you mean by that. So if you see content you disagree with but someone else already says “hey that isn’t right” and you happen to be educated on that topic, you’re just supposed to sit back and not weigh in? 

Looking back over the pages, it is pretty easy to see that you were among the first, if not the first, to hurl insults.  But no, I'm not here to try to moderate.  I was trying to make one point - that molecules aren't bipolar, which is important because if someone cuts/pastes an article without actual knowledge (as you said was the case yourself) and that article is suspect, someone who recognizes the error should point it out.  We are all here to learn.  Maybe some articles say "bipolar" rather than "dipolar" because they are written by an amateur or a journalist or maybe they were translated poorly.  In any case, this sort of error tells the trained person that there might be an issue with the article's content.  If Dr. Bob saw a similar basic error in a medical article, I'd hope he would point that out.  I'm sure there are similar examples in the tissue culture world where it would be obvious to you that there was a credibility issue - the other 99% of us would have no clue and might just accept the bad information. 

I'm not defending GF.  I don't even know the guy.  I probably would disagree with him on lots of things and maybe have.  And I'm not piling on or worming into someone else's argument.  If the argument were just between you and GF as you say, then none of the rest of us would have seen it.  So if you choose to debate on an open forum, you kinda have to expect that you might get other input.  You got some other input, and the matter seems to have run its course.  Now people know it is OK to point out misuse of "bipolar" and it isn't making fun of mental illness.  Since I like to get the last word on a topic, I thought it was more than a little ironic that you chastised GF as if he was using a mental illness to make fun of someone.  Then a few posts later, you used "dyslexic" referring to the form/from typo.  Just so ya know, I used to work with a guy with dyslexia and he was offended when people compared his condition to these common slip-ups.  He said it makes light of his challenges.

But this is the peanutbutter oil thread, and the OP deleted his original post and others.  So what thread is it now?  And what is peanutbutter oil? 

Let’s start this entire discussion back to GM’s recent post that resurrected this thread. 

As I recall from years past, peanutbutter oil was a mix of several herbal oil extracts.  It seems at one point, it was firmly stated that the oil contained no cannabis.  But I also seem to recall that the originator of the oil then wouldn’t answer either way if there was cannabis in it.  So when we say “peanutbutter oil,” what are we talking about?  Any blended herbal oils?  Or a specific mix?

I have met several people who have made and used blended herbal oils.  So in order for this discussion to proceed intelligently, we need to be clear what we are talking about.

To answer GM’s inquiry as to experience with PB oil, I got some a long time back and shared it with a patient who followed the instructions and found no benefit.  A second patient also got oil from PB and tried it (both patients had crohn’s)  and did not find any relief.  I noticed no difference myself either.  I talked to a few others with similar experiences with the oil.  I will not say it doesn’t work or does work.  Plenty of people seem to have found some benefit.  I have not met one of those people.

Highlander

I am giving credit where credit is due. Yes, I agree the naphtha issue was questionable. My statement has nothing to do with that issue.

The point was in regards to the awareness of the oil and how clean it can be made and the cleaner it is it can make a big difference.

I would love to see some pictures of your product and to know how you make yours. I am only interested if pictures are included though.

I do not use naphtha due to the safety concerns in my opinion. That does not mean PB is right, wrong, or bad. Same goes for answering every question asked. Just because he didn't answer does not mean he was doing something wrong. That is making assumptions and we all know what is to come of making assumptions. There are plenty of questions people can ask me, and I may not answer. Should I be judged or assumptions be made because I chose not to answer?

I am not perfect, nobody is, except for one, and that would be Jesus Christ in my opinion. :P

Well, we all know what it might mean in legal circles if we write an on-line confession, complete with pictures, which will have embedded meta data that is traceable to the serial number of the device that shot the photo…a traceable smartphone or other camera one buys and then registers the serial number to himself for warranty purposes etc….or edits the photos on a computer, which also embeds info in the metadata.  So I’m not a big fan, to say the least, of photos.

And since we also know that the COA says cannabis oil is illegal, it would be a bit risky at this point to post any specifics.

If I ever made oil in a parallel universe where it is legal, I’d be happy to share methods and results.  But I have a number of good reasons not to do that at this point.

Peanutbutter himself elevated the scrutiny of his methods.  He made his PB oil concoction and marketed it, even showing up at a legislative hearing with it.  He touted it as a cure for cancer but then had his own minor tumor surgically removed.  Go figure.  That was a wise move.  Gamble a little on new cures, but bet the farm on the best available cure, which at this point, by far, is still conventional medical treatment.

Anyway, what I’m getting at is that any oil I might have made, might be making now, or might make in the future is between me and the people I might try to sell it to.  I say “sell” because that was PB’s motive – sell oil to make money.  I have no problem with that.  At one point I talked to an investor who was, for a brief period, interested in funding a large-scale PB oil business.  I don’t even know PB but thought that if he had the right business minds and dollars behind him, maybe he could really get somewhere.  The investor lost interest for a number of reasons, some of which have already been discussed in this thread.

Getting to my point, PB made his “base oil” and also offered advice on extracting “simpson oil” to add to his non-cannabis base oil.  He wanted to make some money on his oil, and rightfully so.  I support that.  But as part of his marking effort, if he was going to offer instructions on making a cannabis extract to be enhanced by his oil, then any instructions he provides fall back on him.  If I make oil to deliver to five patients, I will surely give full disclosure to those five patients and take constructive criticism.  If I got on the internet and tried to sell oil to everyone in Michigan, then I owe it to everyone in Michigan to be able to back up my claims fully.

At this point in the legal circus we have in Michigan, any oil discussion I’d have about my own methods would be purely fiction and done in private. 

I’d be interested to know why you’d like my input but only with photos?

Zap, what do you think about starting an herbal oil forum?  I was about to try to reset the discussion with a new thread but didn't see a good place for it.  The PB oil t hread is not a good place for this discussion.  There sould be some specific posting guidelines to avoid the issues you presented above.  If possible, it might be nice to allow PB to post in that forum.  I think he would have a lot to add if appropriately moderated to prevent discussions of "cures" and business interests.

What are we doing on this site that would warrant the FEDS being notified? That ISN'T something you joke around about,dang!   Zap,I am GLAD you put this in public. Screw these veiled threats. Calling the Feds is unforgivable..................Liars hate truth. Once exposed,they will scream like little babies. Your post made a few things much more clear to me. Don't ever stop standing for what you believe is right.

What are we doing on this site that would warrant the FEDS being notified? That ISN'T something you joke around about,dang!   Zap,I am GLAD you put this in public. Screw these veiled threats. Calling the Feds is unforgivable..................Liars hate truth. Once exposed,they will scream like little babies. Your post made a few things much more clear to me. Don't ever stop standing for what you believe is right.

You and I have had some disagreements, but when it really matters I think we're on the same page.  This is like when kids get into a fight and then one of them runs off to tattletale and involve a parent.  " I didn't get my way, so I will now employ the services of an authority figure."

...makes we just want to hang out with my dogs.  They seem to understand me better.  I got my (mixed?) toy fox terrier from the Humane Society.  She’s loyal to a fault and still has trouble accepting the (mixed?) Whippet who acquired me through the county animal control last year.

I’m getting pretty far off-topic…but now I’m thinking about Wuzerdozer and that poor Akita.  When I got my little dogs, I didn’t have much room.  I now have 10 acres with two acres surrounded by a six-foot chain-link fence.  I’d love to add a handful of big rescue dogs to my new home, but the terrier thinks otherwise….not sure what to do about that.

Well,HL,I agree and thank you. We have had 7 jrts at one time. You already have a Fox Terrier,you can easily handle a JRT. We had to separate 2 of them for years,but once you stick to a schedule,it works. Our little garage has never had a car in it because we needed the kennel  in there. I don't know much about Akitas,just that they are pretty and real tough dogs. I have so much respect for Wozer for taking her in,treating her,all this costs money. Hubs and I are getting old now,his Dad is dying from melanoma at 95,we need folks like you to step up. You want Foxies? Hell yes! I have a rescue friend in Nashville. We are all over the country and work together including transport. If you ever need some help,or want to help,just ask. We take Rescue very seriously and like you,prefer the company of animals. OOPS off topic,sorry.

will someone kindly post the law that makes marijuana extraction illegal?

I stated that some time ago and was quickly corrected by respected members, then this.

I understand the confusion with medicated brownies packaged for sale, but thought that made medicated brownies illegal. aw heck, I hope someone clears this up, once again.

I suffer from dyslexia myself, as I've stated. I find it amusing that I often type form/from , but catch and repair other words mostly. It took yrs of therapy just to type, read and write for me. One friend of mine was missing his middle two fingers on a hand. He was always introduced by our circle to strangers as "part of our friend JoJo". Anther very close friend of all of ours was missing all of his fingers on both hands, a real tragedy, (both happened at the same shop!). For the following 30 years we all heard the "all thumbs" jokes, towards him, and from him. there was no offense ever meant of course, and no reason to believe so. The thumb guy was an awesome bass guitarist in a band and we all had a great time, even at each others expense, with love. "Bipolar" molecules, an obvious acceptable terminology according to Chemistry 101 books, and scientific websites, could very well be semantics.

I would like to see the actual terms exposed as wrongly stated and used. I see reference to both dipolar, and bipolar, and even some that interchange the terms.

I starts a no microwave advice, the microwave safety gets challenged,  then on to scientific studies proving the dangers of microwaves, to choosing one semantic term to exploit in order to justify microwaving healing oils. awesome!   I love hamster wheels. 

I spread good wishes, to microwave users and everyone else too. even garyfisher

I stated that some time ago and was quickly corrected by respected members, then this.

I understand the confusion with medicated brownies packaged for sale, but thought that made medicated brownies illegal. aw heck, I hope someone clears this up, once again.

I suffer from dyslexia myself, as I've stated. I find it amusing that I often type form/from , but catch and repair other words mostly. It took yrs of therapy just to type, read and write for me. One friend of mine was missing his middle two fingers on a hand. He was always introduced by our circle to strangers as "part of our friend JoJo". Anther very close friend of all of ours was missing all of his fingers on both hands, a real tragedy, (both happened at the same shop!). For the following 30 years we all heard the "all thumbs" jokes, towards him, and from him. there was no offense ever meant of course, and no reason to believe so. The thumb guy was an awesome bass guitarist in a band and we all had a great time, even at each others expense, with love. "Bipolar" molecules, an obvious acceptable terminology according to Chemistry 101 books, and scientific websites, could very well be semantics.

I would like to see the actual terms exposed as wrongly stated and used. I see reference to both dipolar, and bipolar, and even some that interchange the terms.

I starts a no microwave advice, the microwave safety gets challenged,  then on to scientific studies proving the dangers of microwaves, to choosing one semantic term to exploit in order to justify microwaving healing oils. awesome!   I love hamster wheels. 

I spread good wishes, to microwave users and everyone else too. even garyfisher

I kinda feel slighted that I didn't get a specific shout-out, LOL. 

Anyway, burying the hatchet...

People vs. Carruthers:

Our interpretation also does not preclude the medical use of marijuana by ingestion of
edible products; to the contrary, that use is authorized by the MMMA, within the statutory
limitations, provided that the edible product is a “mixture or preparation” of “the dried leaves
and flowers of the marihuana plant,”rather than of the more potent THC that is extracted from
marijuana resin.

http://caselaw.findl...ls/1638420.html

By contrast, however, the definition of “usable marihuana” under the MMMA does not include “all parts” of the cannabis plant. More to the point, it specifically does not include “the resin extracted from” the cannabis plant. Nor does it include “the resin extracted” from mature stalks of the plant. Further, it does not include “every compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture, or preparation of the plant or its seeds or resin.

Rather, and in stark contrast to the MMMA's definition of “marihuana,” it includes only “the dried leaves and flowers of the marihuana plant, and any mixture or preparation thereof.” [MCL 333.26423(k) (emphasis added).] The word “thereof” as used in this definition refers back to the immediately preceding phrase “the dried leaves and flowers of the marihuana plant.” Therefore, to constitute “usable marihuana” under the MMMA, any “mixture or preparation” must be of “the dried leaves or flowers” of the marijuana plant. - See more at: http://caselaw.findl...h.YQ4oBOHi.dpuf

ok, love to you too, but I included you in the microwave users, by assumption. good one?

so that reads like edibles infused with oil are prohibited, not oils themselves?   nice discussion that would be!

I tossed my microwave when it became too crusted with exploded food to make it even worthwhile to clean it. 

The Carruthers ruling squashed cannabis oil:

By contrast, however, the definition of “usable marihuana” under the MMMA does not include “all parts” of the cannabis plant. More to the point, it specifically does not include “the resin extracted from” the cannabis plant

Edited by Highlander

so one could legally mix the dried leaves and flowers with butter, cocoa, and sugar and eggs with no issues?  or maybe include buds inside of oil containers, like an olive oil bottle filled with buds and olive oil preparations maybe?

Maybe.

But I think they still consider the entire weight of the edible as being cannabis since they can't determine how much material is actually contained in the preparation.

In the case of the olive oil if any resin was extracted into the oil, using the COA's logic, the leaf matter would be usable but the oil would be an illegal extraction.

Defendant's counsel at the preliminary exam also stated that the brownies were “not made from ground up leaves [of marijuana]” but rather were made with a THC extract called “Cannabutter.”

But, how would they know it was in there at all unless you told them? Carruthers had his brownies wrapped and individually labeled.