Peanutbutters Oil

ok. maybe we can make one gram edibles and be legal ?

That's what the COA seems to suggest...as long as limits are followed. So if you are good on plant count and have no drying or dried meds and are a patient and CG to five others it would seem you could mix an oz of bud into 14 oz of chocolate and be OK. Seems doable, especially for the CG with a weekly harvest.

Well,HL,I agree and thank you. We have had 7 jrts at one time. You already have a Fox Terrier,you can easily handle a JRT. We had to separate 2 of them for years,but once you stick to a schedule,it works. Our little garage has never had a car in it because we needed the kennel  in there. I don't know much about Akitas,just that they are pretty and real tough dogs. I have so much respect for Wozer for taking her in,treating her,all this costs money. Hubs and I are getting old now,his Dad is dying from melanoma at 95,we need folks like you to step up. You want Foxies? Hell yes! I have a rescue friend in Nashville. We are all over the country and work together including transport. If you ever need some help,or want to help,just ask. We take Rescue very seriously and like you,prefer the company of animals. OOPS off topic,sorry.

Well, since the original topic has been deleted it would seem that any discussion Is fair game at this point. The last few years around the holiday season I have tried to give a little to others. In addition to helping humans I've gone to the local pet stores and bought dog treats, etc. There is a store near flint where we have gotten good deals on broken chew sticks, etc. my daughter and I have enjoyed shopping for deals and then delivering the treats to the local animal shelter. It's refreshing, as you know, to see even the most beat-down dogs perk up when given even a sliver of human love. Dogs are awesome. I just got home and mine greeted me with an amount of affection that is probably far beyond what I deserve. We humans can learn much from dogs. As you know.

I'm also looking to you for guidance. My terrier is beyond awesome. Last year I bought her a life jacket and took her kayaking. She loved it. She just sat proudly on the nose of my kayak and even fell a few times and swam about before I scooped her out of the water. A couple weeks ago my kids and I were unloading kayaks from my truck and carrying them to the barn. My toy foxy kept jumping on the front of my kayak, obviously recalling the fun times we had last year. Probably Phaque knows of lake solitude just east of Tawas. My kids and dogs and I paddled all over that lake and also in Tawas bay last summer.

So here is my problem. I have about two acres fenced in. I bought the $500 wireless containment system for fear that the whippet (a dumbed-down hound....so yeah not a bright dog.....) would do her site hound thing and run off, never to return. One shock was all it took, and now she stays close to home...but the terrier is somewhat unaffected. I know her shock collar works but when the neighbors go to the street to get the mail she sometimes ignores the warning beeps and the mild shock, she just keeps going. I'm afraid she'll get hit by a car because she has no street smarts. All this worry because these little digs can wriggle through and under the fence.

But back to my question. I think both dogs would eventually be OK with a big dog in the mix. The terrier is full of it and pretty much refuses to back down to any human stranger. But add a big dog, and she rolls over and shows her belly. So, I'd like to add a couple big dogs to the dog family here and not give them wireless containment collars since they can't squeeze under the fence. How would the little dogs deal with this, being confined close to the house while the big dogs have two acres to run free? And what breeds would one look for to find a big dog tolerant of the little ones? My best dog ever was, I think, a pit/lab mix that showed up on my dad's porch in flint as a high strung pup about 9 months old. He fed her a few times and then she yelled at me every time it came to visit. Then I took her to my place. We had other dogs and rats, cats, and ferrets. She knew they were part of them family and would gently nibble on them, but was never aggressive even though she killed a few wild animals that wandered into the yard. Sadly, after 14 good years, she moved on.

But again, back to my question. How do I go about finding a couple of big dogs to join our dog family without upsetting the balance, particularly with the terrier?

GM I think you read too much into garyfisher's comments.  He was trying to make the point that "biploar" is a mental health condition that afflicts people and that molecules are either polar or non-polar.  There is no such thing as a bipolar molecule.

Ok, I'm no authority on the subject, and am definitely not trying to raise more issue or hard feelings. On my educational travels, because the subject matter became interesting as I was reading more and more, I found this. You say "there is no such thing as a bipolar molecule", and that every occurrence of this wording is in error.

Here is some info that may amaze.

Bipolar electrochemistry is a phenomenon in electrochemistry based on the polarization of conducting objects in electric fields. Indeed, this polarization generates a potential difference between the two extremities of the substrate that is equal to the electric field value multiplied by the size of the object Utilisations[edit]

The phenomenon of bipolar electrochemistry is known for several decades and is used in industry in some electrolytic reactors. The interest of the scientific community for this concept seems to increase a lot since Martin Fleischmann and co-workers demonstrated that water splitting was possible using micrometer-sized bipolar electrodes.[4] Recently, several applications in such domains as synthesis of dissymmetrical micro- and nano-structures[5][6] analytical chemistry [7][8][9] material science,[10] microelectronics [11] and microobject propulsion[12][13] have been developed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bipolar_electrochemistry

and then this

Bipolar Electrochemistry: From Materials Science to Motion and Beyond

ACS ActiveView PDF

Hi-Res Print, Annotate, Reference QuickView

PDF [1472 KB]

PDF w/ Links[519 KB]

Full Text HTML

Abstract

Figures

Reference QuickView

Citing Articles

Add to ACS ChemWorx

Gabriel Loget , Dodzi Zigah , Laurent Bouffier , Neso Sojic , and Alexander Kuhn *

Univ. Bordeaux, ISM, UMR 5255, F-33400 Talence, France

CNRS, ISM, UMR 5255, F-33400 Talence, France

Acc. Chem. Res., 2013, 46 (11), pp 2513–2523

DOI: 10.1021/ar400039k

Publication Date (Web): May 29, 2013

Copyright © 2013 American Chemical Society

E-mail: kuhn@enscbp.fr.

Biography

Gabriel Loget received his Bachelor degree in Chemistry and his Master degree in Molecular Chemistry from the University of Rennes (France). He recently completed his Ph.D. at the University of Bordeaux (France) under the supervision of Pr. Alexander Kuhn. His Ph.D. focused on developing new concepts for the synthesis of Janus-type objects and the locomotion of particles. He is currently a postdoctoral researcher in the group of Pr. Robert M. Corn at the University of California Irvine.

Biography

Dodzi Zigah has a Master degree in electrochemistry from the University Denis Diderot (Paris, France). In 2009, he obtained a Ph.D in electrochemistry from the University of Rennes (France). After a postdoc position at the University of Texas in Austin, he joined the faculty of the University of Bordeaux in 2010 as an assistant professor. His current research focuses on localized surface modification and characterization using electrochemistry in order to design original sensors.

Biography

Laurent Bouffier received a Master degree in molecular chemistry and a Ph.D. in organic chemistry from the University Joseph Fourier (UJF) of Grenoble (France). After a postdoctoral position at UJF, he joined the University of Liverpool (U.K.) for two PDRA positions. In 2010, he has moved to the University of Bordeaux (France) as a CNRS scientist. His background includes organic synthesis, electrochemical biosensors, molecular electronics, and micro/nanomaterials. His current research is dedicated to the preparation of hybrid materials by bipolar electrochemistry and the development of new electroanalytical biosensors.

Biography

Neso Sojic received his Master degree in Electrochemistry at the Université Pierre et Marie Curie (Paris, France). He graduated with a Ph.D. in Bioelectrochemistry at the Ecole Normale Supérieure (Paris). After postdoctoral studies at the University of Texas at Dallas, he joined the faculty at the University of Bordeaux (France). His research interests include bioelectrochemistry, spectroelectrochemistry, and fiber optic sensors.

Biography

Alexander Kuhn obtained a Master degree in Chemistry from the Technical University of Munich (Germany) and a Ph.D. in Physical Chemistry from the University of Bordeaux (France). After a postdoc position at the California Institute of Technology, he moved to the University of Bordeaux as an assistant professor and is since 2000 a full professor. His main research interests are in electrochemistry, surface modification and nanoscience. In recent years, he has made contributions to the fields of bioelectrochemistry, electroanalysis, and the rational design of electrode surfaces, as well as the synthesis of complex micro- or nanoobjects.

CAS

Section:

Electrochemistry

Abstract

Abstract Image

Bipolar electrochemistry, a phenomenon which generates an asymmetric reactivity onthe surface of conductive objects in a wireless manner, is an important concept for many purposes, from analysis to materials science as well as for the generation of motion. Chemists have known the basic concept for a long time, but it has recently attracted additional attention, especially in the context of micro- and nanoscience. In this Account, we introduce the fundamentals of bipolar electrochemistry and illustrate its recent applications, with a particular focus on the fields of materials science and dynamic systems.

Janus particles, named after the Roman god depicted with two faces, are currently in theheart of many original investigations. These objects exhibit different physicochemical properties on two opposite sides. This makes them a unique class of materials, showing interesting features. They have received increasing attention from the materials science community, since they can be used for a large variety of applications, ranging from sensing to photosplitting of water. So far the great majority of methods developed for the generation of Janus particles breaks the symmetry by using interfaces or surfaces. The consequence is often a low time-space yield, which limits their large scale production. In this context, chemists have successfully used bipolar electrodeposition to break the symmetry. This provides a single-step technique for the bulk production of Janus particles with a high control over the deposit structure and morphology, as well as a significantly improved yield. In this context, researchers have used the bipolar electrodeposition of molecular layers, metals, semiconductors, and insulators at one or both reactive poles of bipolar electrodes to generate a wide range of Janus particles with different size, composition and shape.

In using bipolar electrochemistry as a driving force for generating motion, its intrinsic asymmetric reactivity is again the crucial aspect, as there is no directed motion without symmetry breaking. Controlling the motion of objects at the micro- and nanoscale is of primary importance for many potential applications, ranging from medical diagnosis to nanosurgery, and has generated huge interest in the scientific community in recent years. Several original approaches to design micro- and nanomotors have been explored, with propulsion strategies based on chemical fuelling or on external fields. The first strategy is using the asymmetric particles generated by bipolar electrodeposition and employing them directly as micromotors. We have demonstrated this by using the catalytic and magnetic properties of Janus objects. The second strategy is utilizing bipolar electrochemistry as a direct trigger of motion of isotropic particles. We developed mechanisms based on a simultaneous dissolution and deposition, or on a localized asymmetric production of bubbles. We then used these for the translation, the rotation and the levitation of conducting objects. These examples give insight into two interesting fields of applications of the concept of bipolar electrochemistry, and open perspectives for future developments in materials science and for generating motion at different scales.

and more very credible references concerning these bipolar molecules

I have no clue to understanding this, but the free version seems pretty interesting so far. This guy speaks of bipolar molecules also. do you still believe these people are all in error, and you are correct about this information?

Bipolar electrochemistry in the nanosciences

Gabriel Loget and Alexander Kuhn

Copyright Year:2013

Ok GM I'll admit that I didn't read any of your post. I assume you found a credible source for bipolar molecules. My chemistry training is older than my kids. And having kids, I have limited time for such discussions. So I will concede the point and assume that the new vernacular includes bipolar chemistry. Done. I was 100% wrong.

In case you didn't notice this is now the dog rescue thread. So please keep limit any discussion to topics related to rescuing dogs, and thank you for your service to the MMJ community.

Labs are always good with other dogs. But intro them slowly because your dogs rule the roost and see it as their territory. Last thing you need are 2 alphas fighting it out.

Do you know if labs are prone to run? When I was a kid we had chow chows and if those danged dogs found a hole in the fence, they would go for it. I'm hoping to find a breed that stays home.

About 20 years ago I had what looked like a lab mix stray show up at my office. We fed her, and she hung around. Then she got hit by a car and ended up with a broken leg. I paid about $400 to get her fixed then offered her up for a small re homing fee. About ten minutes before her new parents came to get her, I was foolish enough to let her off her leash. She ran like nobody's business and almost appeared to be gone forever. Luckily she came back. So, I have a fear of breeds that might just run away.

I can say one thing......I have NEVER seen the electric fence work with a Jack Russell Terrier. They don't care about the shock. All they care about is that varmint they want to kill. It's their job. Foxys are THE terrier of the terriers. The most tenacious breed . Since you have 2 females,a male is your best bet. Size means nothing to her. She will romp with the big dogs.Unless you really need to have a Lab,or another purebred dog,we have found that the best dogs are the mixed big mutts. The shelters are full of them,all ages. There are Rescues for every breed there is. Your girl terrier sounds like she is more submissive than alpha because of her exposing her belly to a strange dog. Is she still a pup or an adult? Does she boss around the Whippet? If you would like you can PM me so we don't take up room on the forum. J

I can say one thing......I have NEVER seen the electric fence work with a Jack Russell Terrier. They don't care about the shock. All they care about is that varmint they want to kill. It's their job. Foxys are THE terrier of the terriers. The most tenacious breed . Since you have 2 females,a male is your best bet. Size means nothing to her. She will romp with the big dogs.Unless you really need to have a Lab,or another purebred dog,we have found that the best dogs are the mixed big mutts. The shelters are full of them,all ages. There are Rescues for every breed there is. Your girl terrier sounds like she is more submissive than alpha because of her exposing her belly to a strange dog. Is she still a pup or an adult? Does she boss around the Whippet? If you would like you can PM me so we don't take up room on the forum. J

Thanks for your help.  I elected to keep the conversation here rather than PM so maybe others can benefit, and besides, as I said since the OP deleted his original post, this is now the dog rescue thread.  I've had the terrier for about three years.  I'd guess he is about 4 years old.

Thinking more about my terrier, a few weeks ago, my son and I were taking kayaks from the truck to the barn.  The truck was parked within range of the wireless "fence."  So no dog shocking going on.  We went to grab my kayak, and  that danged terrier kept jumping onto it.  Eventually, we just let her sit on it while we carried it out to the barn.  I totally spaced out that the barn was outside the "non-shock" zone.  She sat proudly on that kayak all the way to the barn, and then I realized that she was getting shocked for about 200 feet.  I've seen both dogs push these boundaries.  The whippet is a huge drama queen and acts like its the end of the world even when the warning beeps go off.  The terrier seems to react more like she is getting stung by mosquitos....she shakes her head and just keeps going. 

I’m not sure how to describe the terrier as alpha or not.  She acts bossy most of the time.  For example, recently my brother was over.  She hasn’t seen him in a long time.  He got out of the car and she had a fit…barking, snarling, eventually running up to him and biting his pants leg.  But anytime she exhibits this behavior towards a person or another dog, it seems that a quick smack-down dethrones her.

When I get home, she wants attention, but it seems she works just as hard to keep the whippet away from me.

I’d be all for grabbing a couple of larger mixed mutts.  I’m sure the whippet would be OK with it.  I just need some guidance on how to determine if the terrier will make a huge fuss and how to integrate her with big dogs.  I kinda think she’d fall right into line but I hate to risk it until I’m sure.

Edited by Highlander

Airedales seem like they would need daily grooming.  When I was a kid and we had chow chows, I recall that they needed daily brushing/coat care and that they'd get kinda mad at me when I tried to groom them.  A positive quality of my foxy and my dim-witted whippet is that they have short hair.

Labs can be easily trained, even as adults. Stopping any dog from running off is a matter of training. They're naturally curious. But it doesn't take much. Make sure they know you're the boss and a lab generally won't be disobedient. I have 2 black labs. They're great bird dogs and they train so easily.

If your complaints aren't fixed I'd steer clear of a male or it'll give new meaning to BBC when they're in heat. Also if you hava garden or anything you don't want everything getting peed on, including your house.

G.M  I heated my own bho on a cup warmer, I put the p.b oil in the nuker for like 5 seconds, I added 3 grams to half of the bottle he gave me, Im thinking I doubled the bho instead of following directions lol,,,,,I like to do over kill!   I did not even try to smoke it, it is a topical,,,,,I put some on my mother's ankles and knees and she found releif the first day, I put some on my pops diabetic soars on his shins, he felt it helped the first day!

I used some on my pt to help ease her migrians, im afraid that did not help, I have used it on spots on my skin that looks like melinoma,(i have not had it looked at by a dr.) and it seemed to help heal the soar, I truly do not know if it was skin cancer though!

as far as my parents, with my pops being a retired leo I beleive they had a talk after I tried it on them and decided to just use their reg narco's  If I was living closer to them I would have put it on them more,,,,Im good at getting them to do things (im the baby) lol!

I hope this helped with your questions!

It is my beleif that mm is not the cure all, but it sure does make you feel good eh?  I have seen many video's and testaments to different treatments of mm on children and adults and I would like to beleive the are not a fake testiment, Im sure it helps some more than others, just like modern meds, but the difference is I dont beleive you can die from mm but you can die for rx's,  So I would most def try mm on something before narco's,,,due to the fact I almost died coming off of narco's, and I have never had a problem not having mj, So I rely on my own experiences with mm and like to read others experiences,

I do know when I took 3 grams of my oil I did not feel any pain and my brain was totaly at ease , it was the best I have felt since may of 98 when I became disabled!

Peace

Is this how we are handling this? Lots of different kinds of aggression in this thread.

Peanutbutter was banned for three reasons:

1) The naphtha thing Highlander noted above. There is more here, but I think he has it figured out now. This is not an ongoing reason for the banning, but was at one time.

2) He has been unable, despite repeated requests, to stop promoting cannabis oil as a cure for cancer, specifically by addressing chemotherapy as a killer.

3) Blaming cancer patients for the return of their cancer, based on not following the Rick Simpson protocol for "maintenance doses."

It is important to understand that as fervent as some want to be regarding cancer patients treating with cannabis oil, it is completely inappropriate at this time to promote it as an alternative to currently accepted treatments, especially working treatments. Most cancer patients in the program are not looking for a cure, but relief from the symptoms of chemotherapy. To come to this site and see a relentless attack on the therapy that is working for them is unacceptable. I have a deep respect and appreciation for those that make themselves available to treat cancer patients, especially in the last days of life, but they know enough people by now whose lives have been saved by chemotherapy that they should respect any patient's personal choice.

To be perfectly clear on this point, any post on this site proclaiming that chemotherapy is poison and that patients should stop chemo and start cannabis oil will be removed and a private discussion will begin regarding future posts. If we can't work it out, posting privileges will be suspended.

The Rick Simpson protocol, at best, is an experimental protocol with an infinite number of variables. To hold a patient responsible for the return of their cancer due to not following this "prescribed" regimen is patently ludicrous, and extremely offensive. I can't make any other statement on the subject other than to say that if anybody else engages in this same practice, we'll be having a similar discussion to the one noted above.

These private discussions have been had, and a resolution has not been reached. I do not know why this is becoming an issue again, but here we are. Obviously the discussion is open on this, but I doubt many will defend the practices I mentioned above.

As to any intellectual property issues regarding the recipe for peanutbutter's oil, well that is a silly conversation from the beginning. Recipes cannot be patented, and what's more, peanutbutter himself has claimed the recipe to be a variant of a biblical preparation. Peanutbutter's oil would not be seen as novel within the patent office.

Please note that I have not claimed it is ineffective, and I have tried to be as respectful as possible on this issue. I have removed posts listing the recipe at peanutbutter's request, even after his banning. However, it certainly seems to be fun for some to poke and prod at this issue, and how could I take down a variant of the recipe claiming improved results, etc? It is an intractable problem, invented by peanutbutter's claim of intellectual property.

Despite peanutbutter's morning Facebook rant regarding reporting the site to Federal authorities, I refuse to manage this problem that is entirely in his head.

Thank you

We had all three of our dogs pass away this summer.  They were all quite old, and all had separate distinct ailments, but it has been a long summer, especially with no one to keep the deer herd at bay.  We had two golden retrievers (male and female) and a male st bernard.  Great dogs all....

Now we are looking at those very large Alaskan malamutes..... guess who gave me that idea?  lol.... and German german shepherds that are also large....

But taking the plunge is proving more challenging than it has in the past.  I am not quite over missing my friends.....

We had all three of our dogs pass away this summer.  They were all quite old, and all had separate distinct ailments, but it has been a long summer, especially with no one to keep the deer herd at bay.  We had two golden retrievers (male and female) and a male st bernard.  Great dogs all....

Now we are looking at those very large Alaskan malamutes..... guess who gave me that idea?  lol.... and German german shepherds that are also large....

But taking the plunge is proving more challenging than it has in the past.  I am not quite over missing my friends.....

Very sad to hear of your loss Hayduke. (((HUGS)))

There is a nice Akita that needs a home ;)

G.M  I heated my own bho on a cup warmer, I put the p.b oil in the nuker for like 5 seconds, I added 3 grams to half of the bottle he gave me, Im thinking I doubled the bho instead of following directions lol,,,,,I like to do over kill!   I did not even try to smoke it, it is a topical,,,,,I put some on my mother's ankles and knees and she found releif the first day, I put some on my pops diabetic soars on his shins, he felt it helped the first day!

I used some on my pt to help ease her migrians, im afraid that did not help, I have used it on spots on my skin that looks like melinoma,(i have not had it looked at by a dr.) and it seemed to help heal the soar, I truly do not know if it was skin cancer though!

as far as my parents, with my pops being a retired leo I beleive they had a talk after I tried it on them and decided to just use their reg narco's  If I was living closer to them I would have put it on them more,,,,Im good at getting them to do things (im the baby) lol!

I hope this helped with your questions!

It is my beleif that mm is not the cure all, but it sure does make you feel good eh?  I have seen many video's and testaments to different treatments of mm on children and adults and I would like to beleive the are not a fake testiment, Im sure it helps some more than others, just like modern meds, but the difference is I dont beleive you can die from mm but you can die for rx's,  So I would most def try mm on something before narco's,,,due to the fact I almost died coming off of narco's, and I have never had a problem not having mj, So I rely on my own experiences with mm and like to read others experiences,

I do know when I took 3 grams of my oil I did not feel any pain and my brain was totaly at ease , it was the best I have felt since may of 98 when I became disabled!

Peace

Wow ! great for you Jim another great story by phaquertoo

Brandy Zink did the story about a year or so ago

Rep. Jeff Irwin (D., Ann Arbor), said Michigan spends about $325 million each year enforcing marijuana laws. That funding could be allocated to education or road maintenance, he said.

“There are also practical reasons that move us in this direction, mainly that marijuana prohibition isn’t working,” Mr. Irwin said. “Here we are spending hundreds of millions of dollars on a project that isn’t working.”

According to marijuana seizure statistics from the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration, marijuana arrests in Michigan increased 371 percent from 2003 to 2011. The DEA doesn’t track how many of those arrests — 140 in 2003 and 659 in 2011 — were related to medical marijuana operations. The Michigan State Police also do not maintain that information.

Read more at http://www.toledoblade.com/State/2013/05/27/Legal-questions-cloud-medical-marijuana-use-Copy.html#jwE5QsX1kXScHAUO.99