Peanutbutters Oil

me neither hun, until the aid stalker relentlessly challenged you at every turn maybe. I wont stand for jokes about people with disabilities("lets put lithium in our water") any more than I would stand for a twit to make cancer jokes too. Sometimes ignorance, no offense garyfisher, needs a tap on the shoulder. A reminder that bullies generally pick on people smaller than them.

To even suggest in this thread, in context, that polarity is related to bipolar sick people is ludicrous. I wont be held to any higher standard that the twit who suggest it is so.

You have a kind heart, and should hold tightly to your ideals. Me, not so much. I'm hardened, old, and tired of the voices of ignorance. This guy may be successfully treating cancer in hundreds of people. I suggested maybe not microwaving it first. The creator likes my remark, and reasoning. The challenge serves only to detract from possible fine work being performed by the op. I don't even know either of them, but seriously wonder why one can post, and the other cannot? its not what you know, its who you know evidently. Historically these very few have caused ignorant trouble for anyone attempting to educate or even help fellow community members only to be cyber bullied. take it if you like it, I challenged nobody and refuse to be pushed by a coupe of self professed devils advocates here. Are they bots maybe? that would be understandable at least.

peace

GM I think you read too much into garyfisher's comments.  He was trying to make the point that "biploar" is a mental health condition that afflicts people and that molecules are either polar or non-polar.  There is no such thing as a bipolar molecule. 

and that molecules are either polar or non-polar.  There is no such thing as a bipolar molecule.

really?

read on

Covalent bonds may result from atoms sharing electrons, but the sharing may not be completely equal: atoms with more protons may be able to hold their own and other atoms' borrowed electrons more strongly than their partner atoms can, so that electrons spend more time around the larger atom in a covalent bond. This can create slight charge differences across whole molecules or parts of molecules - areas that electrons spend more time in are slightly more negative, while areas where they spend less time are slightly positive. Molecules with such partial charges are called polar molecules. Water, with a big oxygen toward one side and little hydrogens toward the other, tends to be slightly negative on the oxygen end and slightly positive on the hydrogen end. This makes it bipolar, but not every polar arrangement is so neatly 2-ended. In water, however, this is perhaps the most important feature of the molecule, responsible for much of makes water a unique substance. http://faculty.fmcc.suny.edu/mcdarby/Majors101Book/Chapter_03-Chemistry/02-Bonds.htm

Water is a simple chemical compound with a bipolar structure because of the geometric arrangement of the covalent bonds between H+ and O-. basic water chemistry. please do not be afraid to use google, to prove me wrong, right, or even to defame me. I can handle the criticism. what is difficult to swallow though is the fact that so many people are misguided by a silly piece of advice I gave about not microwaving essential oil, a very astute observation of higher energy healers, and that this escapes some of the brightest minds here. unbelievable. o worries though, I still love everyone of you, and I don't want to kiss no shiny butts eithr!

My point is:  observations can be made and discussions can be had with out derogatory comments being slung at each other, that's all :)

I am not absolved of this behavior, believe me but... I really try to be more accountable these days.

When I feel myself typing a reply off the cuff and it is snarky... I re-evaluate and end up deleting (a count to 10 thing I suppose or ruminating

as another member calls it :D ) it to come back later... or not.

Another thing... when I make a reply that follows another, I am not necessarily replying to the post above.  I will use the quote for a direct reply.

Jiffy Pop is the shiznit!

My point is:  observations can be made and discussions can be had with out derogatory comments being slung at each other, that's all :)

I am not absolved of this behavior, believe me but... I really try to be more accountable these days.

When I feel myself typing a reply off the cuff and it is snarky... I re-evaluate and end up deleting (a count to 10 thing I suppose or ruminating

as another member calls it :D ) it to come back later... or not.

Another thing... when I make a reply that follows another, I am not necessarily replying to the post above.  I will use the quote for a direct reply.

Jiffy Pop is the shiznit!

You are so stupid. Jiffy pop sux. It's fried in bad oils. Air popped or micro popped is best!

Rethought it. You can love jiffy pop, that's ok. I personally don't care for the saturated fat.

Is he banned?

Or did he just get tired of the same narrow minds arguing with anything he said?

Lots of quality people don't bother to come here anymore due to a few @ssholes who won't stop being @ssholes.

Remember when there was grow information on this site? The mmma is a shadow of its former self.

If you look around the other sites are in the hole too. 

I fully agree and it is a shame how the few can ruin it for the many.

Edit: I see that PB is around. If you hadn't noticed, he liked many recent posts here. 

Too bad he is not posting due to the negativity and harassment. I must admit, PB and Rick Simpson have motivated me to make oils to the best of my abilities. I can't thank either one of them enough.

I didn't know what medicinal marijuana was until I started making oil. PB helped point me in that direction.

Thanks again PB!

Edited by GrowGoddess

really?

read on

Covalent bonds may result from atoms sharing electrons, but the sharing may not be completely equal: atoms with more protons may be able to hold their own and other atoms' borrowed electrons more strongly than their partner atoms can, so that electrons spend more time around the larger atom in a covalent bond. This can create slight charge differences across whole molecules or parts of molecules - areas that electrons spend more time in are slightly more negative, while areas where they spend less time are slightly positive. Molecules with such partial charges are called polar molecules. Water, with a big oxygen toward one side and little hydrogens toward the other, tends to be slightly negative on the oxygen end and slightly positive on the hydrogen end. This makes it bipolar, but not every polar arrangement is so neatly 2-ended. In water, however, this is perhaps the most important feature of the molecule, responsible for much of makes water a unique substance. http://faculty.fmcc.suny.edu/mcdarby/Majors101Book/Chapter_03-Chemistry/02-Bonds.htm

Water is a simple chemical compound with a bipolar structure because of the geometric arrangement of the covalent bonds between H+ and O-. basic water chemistry. please do not be afraid to use google, to prove me wrong, right, or even to defame me. I can handle the criticism. what is difficult to swallow though is the fact that so many people are misguided by a silly piece of advice I gave about not microwaving essential oil, a very astute observation of higher energy healers, and that this escapes some of the brightest minds here. unbelievable. o worries though, I still love everyone of you, and I don't want to kiss no shiny butts eithr!

I, too can find a bunch of on-line materials that inappropriately use the term "bipolar" rather than "dipolar." So we could have a posting/pissing contest where you post 100 websites that use “bipolar” to describe a water molecule and I can provide a truckload of material that shows that “bipolar” isn’t a term used in chemistry in any credible circles.    I can’t refute the fact that many web posters use “bipolar” instead of “dipolar.”  When I earned a minor in chemistry, this is one of the CHEM 101 things that were taught to us.

If I read (for the sake of clarity in written communication, I’ll differentiate between “read” pronounced “red” and “read,” pronounced “reed.”)  any "scientific" contribution that uses the term, "bipolar" to describe a molecule, I immediately look the other way and give no credit to the author.  This fundamental error in nomenclature would indicate that the author is either an undereducated, maybe self-described chemist or a journalist who doesn’t understand the difference.  Either way, in the eyes of anyone with chemistry credibility, using the term “bipolar” to describe a molecule is immediate material for comedy and loss of credibility. 

Let's be clear.  "Bipolar" is a mental condition.  "Dipolar" refers to a molecule, like water, that has two poles - like a battery.  The term, “bipolar” does not exist in any reputable discussion of chemistry.  

I or you could post an endless list of on-line articles that mistakenly use the term “bipolar” rather than “dipolar.”  This doesn’t give “bipolar” a wedge into scientific nomenclature.  It simply shows that the author is an amateur, at best, and that the internet isn't the best place to gather real scientific knowledge.

I could “read on” as you suggest.  And I did.  But is doesn’t matter. “Bipolar” is a mental condition.  “Dipolar” is a chemical property.

Proliferation of a misused term doesn’t give it any added credibility.  Proliferation of this misused term, though, is a pretty good indication that the user doesn’t have a real chemistry background. So, if the user doesn’t have a chemistry background, how much credence should be afforded to his/her position?  The scientific process would say “zero.”  I would tend to agree.

You are so stupid. Jiffy pop sux. It's fried in bad oils. Air popped or micro popped is best!

Rethought it. You can love jiffy pop, that's ok. I personally don't care for the saturated fat.

Did you really need to call me stupid though?  I don't even eat popcorn bc it is all friggin gmo (well, mostly nowadays).

I thought it was the shi t when I was a kid though just because it was fun to watch!

Edit: I see that PB is around. If you hadn't noticed, he liked many recent posts here. 

Too bad he is not posting due to the negativity and harassment. I must admit, PB and Rick Simpson have motivated me to make oils to the best of my abilities. I can't thank either one of them enough.

I didn't know what medicinal marijuana was until I started making oil. PB helped point me in that direction.

Thanks again PB!

I agree GG, it is a shame.  Unfortunately it seems the way of life in general.

Did you really need to call me stupid though?  I don't even eat popcorn bc it is all friggin gmo (well, mostly nowadays).

I thought it was the shi t when I was a kid though just because it was fun to watch!

Twas a joke bunny muffin!  And no that isn't a word filter I am really calling you a "bunny muffin!!!!"  Don't know what that is but it sounds cute!!!

:D

I, too can find a bunch of on-line materials that inappropriately use the term "bipolar" rather than "dipolar." So we could have a posting/pissing contest where you post 100 websites that use “bipolar” to describe a water molecule and I can provide a truckload of material that shows that “bipolar” isn’t a term used in chemistry in any credible circles.    I can’t refute the fact that many web posters use “bipolar” instead of “dipolar.”  When I earned a minor in chemistry, this is one of the CHEM 101 things that were taught to us.

If I read (for the sake of clarity in written communication, I’ll differentiate between “read” pronounced “red” and “read,” pronounced “reed.”)  any "scientific" contribution that uses the term, "bipolar" to describe a molecule, I immediately look the other way and give no credit to the author.  This fundamental error in nomenclature would indicate that the author is either an undereducated, maybe self-described chemist or a journalist who doesn’t understand the difference.  Either way, in the eyes of anyone with chemistry credibility, using the term “bipolar” to describe a molecule is immediate material for comedy and loss of credibility. 

Let's be clear.  "Bipolar" is a mental condition.  "Dipolar" refers to a molecule, like water, that has two poles - like a battery.  The term, “bipolar” does not exist in any reputable discussion of chemistry.  

I or you could post an endless list of on-line articles that mistakenly use the term “bipolar” rather than “dipolar.”  This doesn’t give “bipolar” a wedge into scientific nomenclature.  It simply shows that the author is an amateur, at best, and that the internet isn't the best place to gather real scientific knowledge.

I could “read on” as you suggest.  And I did.  But is doesn’t matter. “Bipolar” is a mental condition.  “Dipolar” is a chemical property.

Proliferation of a misused term doesn’t give it any added credibility.  Proliferation of this misused term, though, is a pretty good indication that the user doesn’t have a real chemistry background. So, if the user doesn’t have a chemistry background, how much credence should be afforded to his/her position?  The scientific process would say “zero.”  I would tend to agree.

Oooooh that stings!  He's callin you out GM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

GM's a good dude though.

Thanks again PB!

OK, well let's be clear on this Peanutbutter topic.  He continually defended the use of naphtha to make cannabis oil and chastised some of us who used other methods and even went as far as to say that we were "teaching people to blow themselves up."  (Do a search and you’ll find the exact conversation.)

Then, it was pointed out to Peanutbutter that there is a difference between light naphtha and heavy naphtha and that many of the harmful petroleum compounds in heavy naphtha boil off above the boiling point of THC...so in other words, if you used heavy naphtha to make an extract, you would have two choices:  1.)  boil off the heavy petroleum compounds and with them, most of the THC or 2.) boil at a lower temperature and therefore boil-off some of the petroleum compounds and have the end result of most of the THC but also many of the residual petroleum compounds. 

It was clear from Peanutbutter’s responses that he really didn’t have a handle on the difference between light and heavy naphtha and that this question caught him off-guard.  Or that he did know there was a difference before and, when called to task, didn’t admit that maybe he was a little bit wrong and could maybe learn something.

I asked him point blank “what naphtha did you use” and got no reply.  Any health-minded person would have to take the conservative route and conclude that his extractions were made using paint thinner from the local hardware store.  Seriously though, if you were about to ingest a cannabis oil extract and the maker would not disclose what chemical he used to make the extract, what would you think?  I would think, “Run the F away.”

It was also pointed-out that naphtha sold here in the US is usually of the heavier variety, which is not the same as the naphtha normally sold in Canada which is more likely to be of the light variety and more likely to be what Rick Simpson used.

At one point, I asked Peanutbutter to tell this board exactly what naphtha he used.  We never got an answer.  So we don’t know what paint thinner he used for his extractions and what residual compounds might be present and what harm might apply.

At the end of the day, I don't exactly know why he was banned, but I don't miss him and his partial information.  Your mileage may vary.

Highlander

I am giving credit where credit is due. Yes, I agree the naphtha issue was questionable. My statement has nothing to do with that issue.

The point was in regards to the awareness of the oil and how clean it can be made and the cleaner it is it can make a big difference.

I would love to see some pictures of your product and to know how you make yours. I am only interested if pictures are included though.

I do not use naphtha due to the safety concerns in my opinion. That does not mean PB is right, wrong, or bad. Same goes for answering every question asked. Just because he didn't answer does not mean he was doing something wrong. That is making assumptions and we all know what is to come of making assumptions. There are plenty of questions people can ask me, and I may not answer. Should I be judged or assumptions be made because I chose not to answer?

I am not perfect, nobody is, except for one, and that would be Jesus Christ in my opinion. :P

I had no idea about the naptha thingy. It's funny that u mention it tho because I was away form this site for like 2 years when I was out of state for work (and banned by joe cain). Recently I came back to the site and state and the first thing I did was look up peanutbutter to get info on oil. I think I may have even posted asking about him, don't remember.

I messaged him on here or maybe tried to message him. Maybe it didn't go through because he wasn't accepting messages I don't know. But then I started reading archived stuff and I saw a lot of things about him that kinda disturbed me. Didn't catch the naptha thingy but there was a lot of other shady stuff. And I ain't assuming, I read it.

But I'll say that if ur making oil and someone asks a question about your procedure that involves safety that is basic 101 stuff that should be revealed so not revealing it is not good. Don't need to assume he was using heavy naptha but you can go on what you KNOW which is that he won't answer basic safety questions. That in itself would scare the bejesus outta me. I mean if it was joe 6-pack babbling about how he makes oil it's one thing but when you're openly trying to make sales then I think an answer to that question is super duper important. I mean if I asked a used car salesdude if the car was a flood car with a salvage title from a hurricane and he wouldn't answer me straight up would I buy the car? I could assume it was a salvage title car but I don't need to do that to not buy it. Fact that he wouldn't answer dropped his credibility down to da worms. So I don't need to assume anything I just need to know he's sketchy and I'm outta there!

Highlander

I am giving credit where credit is due. Yes, I agree the naphtha issue was questionable. My statement has nothing to do with that issue.

The point was in regards to the awareness of the oil and how clean it can be made and the cleaner it is it can make a big difference.

I would love to see some pictures of your product and to know how you make yours. I am only interested if pictures are included though.

I do not use naphtha due to the safety concerns in my opinion. That does not mean PB is right, wrong, or bad. Same goes for answering every question asked. Just because he didn't answer does not mean he was doing something wrong. That is making assumptions and we all know what is to come of making assumptions. There are plenty of questions people can ask me, and I may not answer. Should I be judged or assumptions be made because I chose not to answer?

I am not perfect, nobody is, except for one, and that would be Jesus Christ in my opinion. :P

Well, I don't think JC was perfect, but that's my opinion and a different discussion for a different thread if not a discussion for a different website altogether, so we can agree to disagree on the religion point.  If JC would simply agree to heal us all, there would be no need for this sort of discussion.  But it seems Jesus and his dad still want us to wriggle our way through this maze....so here we are...uncured and hoping for some other cure since JC didn't hand us an easy one.  Sometimes it seems that Jesus is more of an obstacle to us that our own human laws.  Again, a discussion for a different day on a different forum. 

And I'd tend to agree with you, in general, regarding his (PB's) answering/lack of answering the question.  It does not mean that something is wrong.  But as person seeking a medical solution, I, as I think many would, think that any question is fair game.  PB put himself out there with his oil (cannabis-infused or not) and pretty much openly pissed/and/moaned that the new COA decision against dispensaries would effectively smack his oil business back to zero.  He obviously had a commercial interest.  I recall a post where he had a fantasy that circuit courts all over Michigan would make some Disney-like declaration that PB Oil (as a brand) is SWEET and would be exempt from any legal interference.

Don't get me wrong.  PB might have/may have stumbled on a great and comprehensive cure-all with some commonly-obtainable mix of bought-off-the-shelf oils. 

But his legacy on this website has been that he was an active proponent of MMJ, he showed up to a lot of cannabis-related discussions in full support, but his final words on this website revolved around his “secret formula” that cured cancer and a number of other afflictions.  He seemed to think of himself as a benevolent healer but in the end he postured himself as a profiteer.  This was his decision.

Highlander,

You should know that "bipolar" has more meaning than a supposed brain disease. google that for clarity.

So the plethora of scientific websites referring to bipolar water molecules is wrong, and your recollection of chem 101 is right?

If I show you a CHEM website that also lists this way, will that remain wrong in comparison to your class memories. recall that just a few years earlier your class also taught tat the earth was flat(hehe, ok not that old maybe)

for instance, form the faculty of a CHEM 101 class quoted paper from http://faculty.fmcc.suny.edu/mcdarby/Majors101Book/Chapter_03-Chemistry/02-Bonds.htm

"Molecules with such partial charges are called polar molecules. Water, with a big oxygen toward one side and little hydrogens toward the other, tends to be slightly negative on the oxygen end and slightly positive on the hydrogen end. This makes it bipolar, but not every polar arrangement is so neatly 2-ended. In water, however, this is perhaps the most important feature of the molecule, responsible for much of makes water a unique substance."

http://www.sciencesuperschool.com/Water---Facts-About-Dihydrogen-Monoxide.phpsays the same thing of bipolar water molecules.

maybe your old school dipolar is now also acceptably called bipolar? I dunno. The entirety of my defense will rely on "science superschool" and the chapter in a chem book copy pastes. I'm no chemist, nor did I claim to be. but I do sense when I am being attacked, not asked for clarification. The meaning or misunderstanding of dipolar vs bipolar has lost all of my interests really. The fact that this is deterring from the relevant thread is a disservice to the community. I said no microwave. that's it. if you agree, don't use one, if not, be my guest. if you think microwaves do your food good, then so be it, we could agree to disagree maybe. I am unable to argue this point any longer without copy pasting facts from science, sound technology, water physics, etc, simply because I know nothing of any of those. But I do know that microwaves are not a healthy choice for warming foods, blood, or oil. maybe we disagree ? I don't care, do you ?

btw, why do others need to often defend those that attack posters I wonder? often the same few are attacking, and the same few are defending. whats up with that ?

btw, why do others need to often defend those that attack posters I wonder? often the same few are attacking, and the same few are defending. whats up with that ?

Bro, if you're listing me among a defender of an attacker then ya got the wrong category. What I said was just a quip. Just jokin around. I don't hava clue what's bipolar, dipolar, north polar, south polar, polar bear, polar plunge, polar icecap, or polar vortex.

Lighten up doughboy! :D

:wub:

I don't know why Phaq said that,it was mean spirited and he can take a flying leap.  Glad I found out now. Like I said liars are not to be trusted.   Phaq should have said something to me first,instead he chose the hebitch way. So be it.  I won't STALK YOU anymore.

I'd like a 420 chick stalker actually :wub: !'I suspect ole Phaq was tuggin your chain. I might even bet on it. he'll let us know, and we'll square up on that joint later.... :lol:.

Habenero

aint got nuttin to do with you buddy. 

I don't know about that science either, just that I don't think that microwaving essential healing oils before use or for processing is a good idea.

seems like good advice to me, and a few million other people. I've read some countries have actually outlawed microwaves . that's enough for me to avoid them.

gw pharms uses naptha, but they also use a rotational evaporator to assure all solvents are removed, and terpenes remain. The bath water that the vessel spins in is digitally controlled. I used to have a chem store version, they are cool to use. https://www.google.com/search?q=rotational+evaporator&biw=1366&bih=638&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=tQZHVOu1DYLIsASmnYCgAw&ved=0CCoQsAQ

those in the pic are expensive ones, but sweet!

Edited by grassmatch

Highlander,

You should know that "bipolar" has more meaning than a supposed brain disease. google that for clarity.

So the plethora of scientific websites referring to bipolar water molecules is wrong, and your recollection of chem 101 is right?

If I show you a CHEM website that also lists this way, will that remain wrong in comparison to your class memories. recall that just a few years earlier your class also taught tat the earth was flat(hehe, ok not that old maybe)

for instance, form the faculty of a CHEM 101 class quoted paper from http://faculty.fmcc.suny.edu/mcdarby/Majors101Book/Chapter_03-Chemistry/02-Bonds.htm

"Molecules with such partial charges are called polar molecules. Water, with a big oxygen toward one side and little hydrogens toward the other, tends to be slightly negative on the oxygen end and slightly positive on the hydrogen end. This makes it bipolar, but not every polar arrangement is so neatly 2-ended. In water, however, this is perhaps the most important feature of the molecule, responsible for much of makes water a unique substance."

http://www.sciencesuperschool.com/Water---Facts-About-Dihydrogen-Monoxide.phpsays the same thing of bipolar water molecules.

maybe your old school dipolar is now also acceptably called bipolar? I dunno. The entirety of my defense will rely on "science superschool" and the chapter in a chem book copy pastes. I'm no chemist, nor did I claim to be. but I do sense when I am being attacked, not asked for clarification. The meaning or misunderstanding of dipolar vs bipolar has lost all of my interests really. The fact that this is deterring from the relevant thread is a disservice to the community. I said no microwave. that's it. if you agree, don't use one, if not, be my guest. if you think microwaves do your food good, then so be it, we could agree to disagree maybe. I am unable to argue this point any longer without copy pasting facts from science, sound technology, water physics, etc, simply because I know nothing of any of those. But I do know that microwaves are not a healthy choice for warming foods, blood, or oil. maybe we disagree ? I don't care, do you ?

Are you serious?  So now Bipolar and Dipolar are the same thing?