Peanutbutters Oil

Okay, I suppose I am going to stir the chit pot then be done with this thread.

There was a time when a member here accused me of 'hawking peanutbutters snake oil' (not verbatim but close).

My skin was still very thin then and since has grown thicker.

Funny thing at the time of being accused of this... I had no idea wtf that person was talking about and had never

even met Gersh.  I didn't know how to defend myself against the gang mentality of the persons who also participated

in that thread (this was @ a diff site that phaq mentioned yet, all were members here 1st.). 

I won't name you all, you know who you are and I feel that time has marched on and left us in a better place.

I am of the opinion that this thread should die and blame grassmatch for digging it up in the first place!  lmbo buddy... I am playin with ya! :angel:

He has no copyright or patent claim to anything he has posted publically. Which he has; and before he got greedy, actually gave the recipe to cancer patients for free.  Then he charged people for his recipe and refused to give it to cancer patients at that time unless they paid.  ZThen deceptively lied about its contents....

Don't matter if he posted it publicly he still can't copyright it. And he doesn't have a patent but even if he did posting ingredients here ain't a patent violation. Patents are public info and if he had a patent then any1 could look up the patent and get the ingredients. A patent doesn't keep things secret it only stops someone else from profiting off your idea.

From www.copyright.gov, the US Copyright Office:

Copyright law does not protect recipes that are mere listings of ingredients. Nor does it protect other mere listings of ingredients such as those found in formulas, compounds, or prescriptions. Copyright protection may, however, extend to substantial literary expression—a description, explanation, or illustration, for example—that accompanies a recipe or formula or to a combination of recipes, as in a cookbook.

Don't matter if he posted it publicly he still can't copyright it. And he doesn't have a patent but even if he did posting ingredients here ain't a patent violation. Patents are public info and if he had a patent then any1 could look up the patent and get the ingredients. A patent doesn't keep things secret it only stops someone else from profiting off your idea.

From www.copyright.gov, the US Copyright Office:

Copyright law does not protect recipes that are mere listings of ingredients. Nor does it protect other mere listings of ingredients such as those found in formulas, compounds, or prescriptions. Copyright protection may, however, extend to substantial literary expression—a description, explanation, or illustration, for example—that accompanies a recipe or formula or to a combination of recipes, as in a cookbook.

I think this is the kind of thing he'd like to see deleted.

I asked him on FB and just got a reply. I got his permission to post this.

"I was an admin over that thread. I tried to delete it when it only had about two pages. I was blocked from doing so.

I have requested it to be removed several times.

They still haven't removed it."

After seeing his reply, I have decided it is time for me to take a break.

Now don't ya'll party too hard over it :P  I'll be back LOL

Don't go for to long we need more people like you as jim has said the heaters will take over

It's not easy to be a activist and the pay is high ( Not $$$ ) something money can't buy

hey now.....I was kindly contacted via pm by an avatar named PB. He was very polite and asked intelligent questions. I google matched him here at this thread and wondered if anyone is using the oil, and what the haters had to say too. I know what the oil is, and do not doubt it's intentions and efficacy, could care less if he profits on it or not. I thought it was actually a good idea to package it the way he described with controlled ingredient to be added by the end user. genius. reminded me of the Medical Brownie Mix I saw in High Times Magazine. "Just add near any amount of active ingredients as you wish and bake". another winner I bet.

what if his formulation performs as he and others claim today? something something flush the baby with the bathwater.

what if his formulation performs as he and others claim today? something something flush the baby with the bathwater.

I don't care if'n he profits neither. But readin through this topic it looks like some of the ingredinets can be dangerous to certain peeps. It's a matter of common courtesy and consideration of other's health to make ingredients public. Don't mean he's gotta say how he prepares it but come on.

hey now.....I was kindly contacted via pm by an avatar named PB. He was very polite and asked intelligent questions. I google matched him here at this thread and wondered if anyone is using the oil, and what the haters had to say too. I know what the oil is, and do not doubt it's intentions and efficacy, could care less if he profits on it or not. I thought it was actually a good idea to package it the way he described with controlled ingredient to be added by the end user. genius. reminded me of the Medical Brownie Mix I saw in High Times Magazine. "Just add near any amount of active ingredients as you wish and bake". another winner I bet.

What do you mean by "haters?"  I haven't seen anyone on this board hate on PB but I have seen some people step up and ask hard questions and offer constructive criticism.

What do you mean by "haters?"  I haven't seen anyone on this board hate on PB but I have seen some people step up and ask hard questions and offer constructive criticism.

Yo bro! Askin what's in sumpin you want other's to use ain't hatin. How wouldit be if drug makers wouldn't tell us what was in their stuff? Same thing here.

In all fairness to PB, when I discussed his oil with my attorney/investor friend, his thought was that PB oil would be good to go if offered as an herbal supplement and not a medicine or cure. But that "if" would have required some serious revised approach.

If'n ya read the thread bro it looks like peeps are sayin you don't need to show ingredients for herbal supplements but ya also can't claim a herbal supplement takes away pain or cures other things otherwise it's considered a drug and then ya do need to show ingredients.

Anywho who who, time to light up and go work on my lawn tractor in this beeyooteefull weather.

The op did disclose his ingredients, I saw them here. I think he freely shared those here, could be wrong, I may have seen the list at his website or a facebook quote. We cant ask him now because he cant answer us. In any case our own garden products are not held to the standards of big pharma, why should his mixture of essential oils be at this stage of his game ?

highlander-Haters would be opponents. or those who helped ban, or those who wish to keep banned, non believers, chemo/radiation supporters, etc.

I have no dogs in this race and wish he could answer this stuff for himself. It's got my interest already.

The op did disclose his ingredients, I saw them here. I think he freely shared those here, could be wrong, I may have seen the list at his website or a facebook quote. We cant ask him now because he cant answer us. In any case our own garden products are not held to the standards of big pharma, why should his mixture of essential oils be at this stage of his game ?

highlander-Haters would be opponents. or those who helped ban, or those who wish to keep banned, non believers, chemo/radiation supporters, etc.

I have no dogs in this race and wish he could answer this stuff for himself. It's got my interest already.

GM bro, read this thread from top to bottom. He refused to disclose ingredients and then the "haters" made him. Then he deleted his post that disclosed them then malamute reposted them then mods deleted them. And now on his facebook page he says it's a "new" formula. None of his bottles that are sold are labeled with ingredients.

why should his mixture of essential oils be at this stage of his game ?  Maybe cuz some of his ingredients are harmful to some people? Ain't hard to understand this bro.

A lot of your questions were asked and answered (or answers avoided) in years past.  I agree that our garden products are not held to the standards of big pharma, and they should not be.  Our garden products should be held to the standards of the maximum of five people who use them.  A CG is accountable to each of his customers.  If any of the five has an issue with his/her meds, than it is on the CG to fix it. 

Should a mix of herbal oil be held to a pharma standard?  I dunno. 

But if someone wants to sell a mixture of herbal oils to anybody, then he takes on the burden of trying to satisfying everybody.  

So my answer is that a mixture of herbal oils should at least be held to the standard of the folks it is marketed to.

Please clarify.  If someone supports chemo or radiation, they are a "hater?"

"hater" of PB ideals, perhaps. or, opposite of what PB has been said to support. 

I don't exactly know what PB's ideals are.  I'd like to get away from any PB-specific discussion if and until he can also weigh in.  But if we want to roll up our sleeves and talk the difficult talk, please understand that PB himself posted on this very website about having a little cancerous tumor surgically-removed.

So, what exactly is it that he supports and what, exactly is the opposite of that?

GM bro, read this thread from top to bottom. He refused to disclose ingredients and then the "haters" made him. Then he deleted his post that disclosed them then malamute reposted them then mods deleted them. And now on his facebook page he says it's a "new" formula. None of his bottles that are sold are labeled with ingredients.

why should his mixture of essential oils be at this stage of his game ?  Maybe cuz some of his ingredients are harmful to some people? Ain't hard to understand this bro.

the posters here said they knew what oils were used in the mix they received from the op, and they would have that opportunity to use it or not. People buy mystery oil every day at the dispensaries that only say "RSO" or CBD or similar. They typically do not disclose the solvent or the technique used. The mystery oil sold in the community has made people sick to their stomachs, with diarrhea and gastric disturbances, I've read about it and know two patients who had the experience in the past. Who knows the harm that may have been done? Creams, balms, tinctures, lip gloss, candy, muffins.....all sold at the same places. "ingredients" are subjective, and not held to any standard in our state yet. Some find instant release while others feel sick for instance. not sure where that leaves us here, but some thoughts to ponder possible related even