Peanutbutters Oil

the posters here said they knew what oils were used in the mix they received from the op, and they would have that opportunity to use it or not. People buy mystery oil every day at the dispensaries that only say "RSO" or CBD or similar. They typically do not disclose the solvent or the technique used. The mystery oil sold in the community has made people sick to their stomachs, with diarrhea and gastric disturbances, I've read about it and know two patients who had the experience in the past. Who knows the harm that may have been done? Creams, balms, tinctures, lip gloss, candy, muffins.....all sold at the same places. "ingredients" are subjective, and not held to any standard in our state yet. Some find instant release while others feel sick for instance. not sure where that leaves us here, but some thoughts to ponder possible related even

Sounds to me like if you're going to sell a claimed medical product to the at-large public, you ought to be able to disclose manufacturing methods, ingredients, etc.  I'm all for that.

let me clarify.

if a person hates on PB, his position(s),and supports chemo/radiation, then the poster could be called a PB hater possibly.

With all due respect (and I totally mean that) I'm stil not understanding where you are coming from.  Your answer, "If a person hates on PB" and "could be called a PB hater" is kinda circular. 

intended. you're picking apart a moot piece of my observation is all. the details of why or how someone is a hater here is irrelevant in my opinion of this matter. There are "haters" here, and everywhere, some pop up when needed, some only "hate' on others for the typing experience. I care less why someone is "hating"( a slang net term now) on PB. I do however wish he could speak about his experiences with this oil here. He might be on to something, you never know. He might have no clue how to market or finance or protect his discoveries, and may grasp for straws when threatened, maybe a sick old man even. I don't know, him, his story, or his motives.

What I do know is the attention he gathers on to him when ever his name is mentioned. That piques my interest. I don't think anyone will support a false experience here or anywhere about this oil. I tend to believe our members when they say it was positive. We can speak of dangerous ingredients, mi labeling, copyrights or ill marketing efforts, but the users say it helped them as intended. interesting in the least.

intended. you're picking apart a moot piece of my observation is all. the details of why or how someone is a hater here is irrelevant in my opinion of this matter. There are "haters" here, and everywhere, some pop up when needed, some only "hate' on others for the typing experience. I care less why someone is "hating"( a slang net term now) on PB. I do however wish he could speak about his experiences with this oil here. He might be on to something, you never know. He might have no clue how to market or finance or protect his discoveries, and may grasp for straws when threatened, maybe a sick old man even. I don't know, him, his story, or his motives.

What I do know is the attention he gathers on to him when ever his name is mentioned. That piques my interest. I don't think anyone will support a false experience here or anywhere about this oil. I tend to believe our members when they say it was positive. We can speak of dangerous ingredients, mi labeling, copyrights or ill marketing efforts, but the users say it helped them as intended. interesting in the least.

I'm not picking apart anything.  You introduced the term, "hater" in recent comments on this thread.  So I asked you what you meant by that.  And I still don't have a clear answer.  So maybe we can just discuss pros and cons and not attach any lables?  "Hater" is among the worst and should be avoided.  Let's agree on this and then build from there.

we all know there are some haters on here, people cant even make a post that some hater dont complain about the others veiw etc!

right now there are only a few active, it seems they come and go, it also seems like some of them are either doing it for some one or they make another name and do it, we all know there are ways to hide your i.p!

alot of folks that get accused of being haters are not realy haters they just want to point out there veiw of the subject they are responding to, unless there is personal name calling or some one trying to belittle some one under the guise that the only one that notices is the one they are belittling!

I used to be pretty good at that  :lolu:

No offense to the people who have just joined last summer, but you realy havent read everything p.b and all of us have written, people were pretty relentless with the people they didnt like, most threads were very kaotic beleive me, Ive seen all of the posts by p.b and all the other people that some of these things are popping up about including my own, ive been in here since 09 unless you can go into archives and see all that was written you realy have no clue,  this site updated and I am unable to find threads I started from my first yrs in here,

If the archives are still available I would appreciate it if some one could tell me how to get into them!

The thing we need to remember is most of us are disabled and are on disability and living well below poverty (oh I heard we were getting a coa raise on ssi an ssdi whoo hoo) and we most def get cranky, we wake up on the wrong side of the bed, we have mental issues, it goes with long term disability!  alot of us are guilty of nit picking including myself,,,sometimes I just have to shut off my pc or go some where else so I dont blow up on some one who may not deserve it, but because im not in a good mood I would take it out on some one who dont deserve it!

so if you dont feel some one is a good person dont ever like their post, whether it is a good post or not, even the best of us make bad posts, you know what I mean, even if the person you think is rude most of the time writes something nice dont like the post, the so called haters will soon see if they have no likes they must be the ones people are talking about!

Peace

Lions won we are 6 - 2 only 2 more wins and we cant go below 500 lol!

1. the posters here said they knew what oils were used in the mix they received from the op, and they would have that opportunity to use it or not. People buy mystery oil every day at the dispensaries that only say "RSO" or CBD or similar. They typically do not disclose the solvent or the technique used. 2. The mystery oil sold in the community has made people sick to their stomachs, with diarrhea and gastric disturbances, I've read about it and know two patients who had the experience in the past. Who knows the harm that may have been done? Creams, balms, tinctures, lip gloss, candy, muffins.....all sold at the same places. 3. "ingredients" are subjective, and not held to any standard in our state yet. Some find instant release while others feel sick for instance. not sure where that leaves us here, but some thoughts to ponder possible related even

1. I read the thread and didn't see any1 who bought the oil say that they knew what was in it. Can you show me where that is?

2. UR kinda making the point for the haters on this one. You seem to be sayin that just becuz other mystery oil is sold and makin peeps sick then that should make it ok for pb.

3. I don't know what that means. Ingredients are objective. The maker knows what they put in the oil.

In reading the thread thru I see that malamute said there is an ingredient in pb's oil that would cause skin burns on him(or sumpin like that, I don't remember). I see a post by I think wild bill that says an ingredient is dangerous to prego women. I don't see any post where a user said they knew what is in the oil. I don't know how they would know anyway with no list of ingredients. Maybe some know from readin here but how many peeps bought it at dispensaries and used the oil that didn't visit this thread?

Dunno how any1 can make a serious argument that some1 is a hater cuz they're against selling a mystery oil that can harm some peeps.

Ya know what's funny? I didn't actually go back and read this thread over.  But as soon as I seen this thread dug back up I was "Oh hell, not again!".

There has been at least 100 threads on this topic of hash oil, RSO, PB oil and I can't believe it is still being brought up.

:-)

Hash oil= we all know

RSO= a ridiculous name for naptha/ISO extracts.

PB oil= (don't make me post the list again) but it has zero cannabis in it. Although pb would LIE about it and charge people ridiculous amounts of money for it.  At one point he would say it had "cannabis" in it,... but it was only Hemp SEED oil.  It was the deception that always bothered me. The claim that his oil cured cancer.  Cured wide open burns. etc etc etc etc etc etc etc, and I truly mean ETC.

But, ya tell me pb is such a great guy when, as he said,  he has "the cure for cancer!" and he was unwilling to give the recipe to people that were dying unless they paid him ALOT of money buying his crapola.

sigh'

I had people BEG me for "pb oil" or the recipe because Wonder Gersh had made them think it would cure their loved one of cancer. None of this possibilities stuff would he say:  "might help them" or "can trigger free radical dieoff" or ANYTHING like that. 

So yea,... I gave out the recipe to anyone that wanted it.  I never seen it cure cancer once in my life yet,... but hey,... if it makes ya feel better, possibly helps,.. why not.  But be honest about it. 

So yea,... snake oil salesman will always be my term for the man. :-)  Not because the oil doesn't help a person necessarily,... but because of the lies, deception and callousness of it.

So,.. yea,... I don't even need to go back and read the original 20 some pages of this topic,... but I will stand by wtvr I said as I almost always do. :-)

PB is gone for a reason,... actually MANY good reasons.  The fact it needs to be explained as to why is rather shocking for anyone that seen the trainwreck.

Alright fine, I just went back and scrolled through the topic.  I actually thought this was his other thread that was way more pages long.

This was when the light finally shined and pb finally crawled into the sunshine.  He did go back and delete all his posts for the most part though. Or completely changed them much later. Very hard to follow through because of it.

Anyhow,... yea,... luckily for you guys, I reposted several of his posts because I realized he was starting to delete them. :)

Enjoy.

I stand by all of MY posts in this thread.

Alright fine, I just went back and scrolled through the topic.  I actually thought this was his other thread that was way more pages long.

This was when the light finally shined and pb finally crawled into the sunshine.  He did go back and delete all his posts for the most part though. Or completely changed them much later. Very hard to follow through because of it.

Anyhow,... yea,... luckily for you guys, I reposted several of his posts because I realized he was starting to delete them. :)

Enjoy.

I stand by all of MY posts in this thread.

Pshaw bro. The big thing is I rejoined here just to contact pb to get some oil. I have a problem I was hoping it could help with. First thing I did after I joined was message Zap to get contact info for pb because he couldn't get messages here. Then I did some reading and found this thread and others and I soured quick like. Didn't know how anypony (yeah I stole that from wuf, it's funny) would not tell you howta make the oil if it was so maggy mag mag magnificent. I thought it was weird how he wouldn't give the content and when he did (but later deleted them) peeps spoke up about some ingredients weren't safe for some people. Don't know how anypony with any stitch of caring for fellow peeps could do that when certain ingredients can be bad for some. That be scary mary not contrary.

Haters gonna hate. Real peeps gonna care. Don't know how any1 can support some1 who don't care. Not givin support to some1 who don't care about health and well being of fellow peeps isn't hatin, it's lovin.  So if ur a hater for not likin pb for this then I guess ur a lover of every1 else. I'll choose the later over the former anyday.

Hey pb, I hear there is no such thing as bad press!

This thread is #5 in this mornings google search, lol.

So people... shall we keep it alive or... let it die?

What say you on the value of this thread?

Let it live. Might actually do someone some good.

Peanutbutter oil is not really anything special...

But if you happen to be looking for a way to use cannabis as a topical you can make/buy some pure cannabis oil and choose any of the products on the market to mix it with to help subtances penetrate the skin. You could even mix it with ICY HOT and make a nice cannabis topical. I have heard emu oil works. Coconut oil works. Olive oil works. But it's the cannabis oil that really is the active ingredient that counts. There aren't any magic recipes that somehow make cannabis oil magical. It just the same old cannabis oil that has been around before your great grandma was even born. Re discover it for yourself, it's easy and it's all natural if you want it to be. There are people here who can answer any question you could possibly think of to help you with your own cannabis topical ointment FOR FREE.  That's right, the information is all FREE from people who just wanna help you. And you don't even need to know some special name to get the info, just ask about CANNABIS TOPICAL and everyone knows what you want. 

do people normally decarb for topical use?

My cannabis gets decarbed a couple times in the extraction process. If you somehow created some extract without any heat then you could heat it a little and try to see if decarbing did anything to enhance it. Doesn't seem to me like it would matter though.

do people normally decarb for topical use?

fresh=not decarb'd

dried= decarb'd

heated = decarb'd more ?

how much more?

I always use gentle heat to infuse

the concentrate with the carrier for topical applications. If it mixed into solution without

the heat I probably wouldn't use the heat. maybe? (waiting till the "decarb'd more" question gets answered.)

Hippies oven baked fresh material because it wouldn't give very good effects fresh. Interesting though that if left to dry after a few days it did give them the desired effects, but left for too long the effects changed to sluggish, couchlock feelings sometimes describing cannabis use and users the same.

they heated it to facilitate drying and decarboxylation, without even knowing it. like "dude, if we heat this first to dry it, we'll get better effects from it, and dried flowers taste better than fresh ones in brownies too."

Our horses liked either, whatever was closest to their mouths. My bunnies never ate any dried buds/leaves but went crazy over fresh harvested. They enjoyed fresh grass as well as dried grass for thought. My chickens ate only the dried scraps, but never the fresh. confusing, but like everything cannabis, we'll get through it just fine.

Decarboxylation is a chemical reaction that releases carbon dioxide (CO2). This begins while drying, and given enough time, will complete. This means a chemical reaction takes place in which carboxylic acids loose a carbon atom from a carbon chain. This process converts THCA to THC, the much loved compound with many medicinal and psychoactive effects. When the cannabis drys, it very very slowly begins to decarboxylate and converts THCA to THC.

Cannabis produces phyto cannabinoids in a carboxylic acid form that are not orally active at least at the CB-1 receptor sites, because they don’t readily pass the blood brain barrier in their polar form.

To enable them to pass the blood brain barrier, they must first be decarboxylated, to remove the COOH carboxyl group of atoms, which exits in the form of H20 and CO2.

Decarboxylation occurs naturally with time and temperature, as a natural function of drying and curing, but we can shorten the amount of time required considerably, by adding more heat. The more heat, the faster it occurs, within reasonable ranges, and in fact occurs spontaneously when the material is burned or vaporized.

There is another mechanism at play however, which suggests that we need to control the decarboxylation temperatures carefully.

When we heat cannabis to convert the THCA and CBDA into THC and CBD, we are also converting THC to CBN at a faster rate. At about 70% decarboxylation, we actually start converting THC to CBN at a faster rate than we are converting THCA to THC, so as you can see by the following graph, after about 70% decarboxylation, the levels of THC actually start to fall sharply.

That of course means that the CBN also begins to rise and the medication is becoming more sedative.

http://skunkpharmres...ecarboxylation/

^^^To enable them to pass the blood brain barrier, they must first be decarboxylated

We are talking about topicals, usually used in localized areas, not to eat and go to the brain. That's why I said it might not matter.

That was another thing that was a problem with peanutbutter, he kept telling people to eat topicals. Would not quit. It's not a good thing to eat a topical, it's for applying TOPICALLY.