Peanutbutters Oil

I know from personal experience that PB's topical Oil works for muscle spasms, psoriasis, and ulnar neuropathy. I don't know about diabetic ulcers but I doubt it would be very helpful and CERTAINLY not a substutute for traditional medical treatment. Dr. Bob is right and we need to be careful about making unwarranted claims.

However, snake Oil salesmen usually make a financial killing and then move on to the next town.

Calling PB a snake oil salesman is like calling Santa Clause a selfish jerk because he only gives away free stuff one day a year.

All the world's a stage.

Oh, wait. Stage refers to a platform where actors come out and entertain audiences. Therefore, all the world cannot be a stage. Sheesh was that Shakespeare an idiot . . .

(It's called a metaphor. Look into it . . .)

Edited by CaveatLector

I am not sure your description of a snake oil salesman is inaccurate in this case.

My description is someone that hawks a 'cure all' for everything from hemorrhoids to nightmares, replaces traditional medicine in situations that could cost people their limbs, and has 'secret ingredients' that only he possesses.

Nuff said, this thread has been answered, and things settled.

Dr. Bob

I am reserving all rights to manufacture the base oil.

More power to you.

One wonders why you went through this thread and heavily edited your content in the past day or 2.

Parenthetically, I recently listened to an appearance you made on a Flint radio station back in 2009. In that appearance you, yourself admitted that:

-some people may be allergic to your oil

-your oil could present a danger to pregnant women

-your oil could aggravate symptoms of epilepsy

Despite those admissions there I have never seen you initiate warnings to people regarding its use. I have, however, seen others bring up these issues and you remain mute. Why is that?

Here is a link to the radio show referenced above. http://michiganmedmarijuana.blogspot.com/2009/09/peanutbutters-oil.html?zx=78afc22635db7ac6

Edited by CaveatLector

Hmmm, Since it is public information posted by pb and is in the cache still:

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:29 AM

The list of ingredients is this:

Olive oil

Osha Root

Hemp seed oil

tincture of myrrh

oil of peppermint

oil of clary sage

oil of oregano

Which then gets activated with cannabis.

The "base oil" by itself has medical properties. The effect of the oil is amplified with the addition of cannabis.

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:01 PM

If you decide to produce this material there are a few things that I would ask.

Give it away, free of charge.

The majority of my oil is given away, free of charge. More than 75% of the oil I make is received by the patient for free.

The oil that I do sell, pays some of my bills and gets me from one location to the next.

Next, encourage people to report back here with what it did for them.

Don't change the formulation, please.

Adding more cannabis does seem to help the effect the oil has.

AND I claim to have discovered an undocumented source of cannabinoids.

Osha. Also called Bear Root.

It is called "Bear Root" is because of how the bears react to it when waking up from hibernation. They would dig up and eat all they could. Then they would chew some up and rub it into their faces.

It's supply is limited. It grows naturally in the Rocky Mountains. Higher up.

It is considered a sacred herb by Native Americans. It is used commonly in ceremonial smoking mixtures. It is also used to cure tb.

I started out holding back to try to work at the supply side. I was told that five tribes had agreed to increase production. I hope my information is correct.

Some folks thought I was pure BS about the herb. After releasing this, there could be a rush on the herb.

It has been rumored that it has been grown in Michigan. That would be nice. I have seed. And seed can be purchased. I urge our better growers to master this herb.

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:38 PM

I consider Osha to be a cannabinoid bearing plant. This is why.

I presumed that such sources of cannabinoids existed in nature. The task is to identify it.

Quick and dirty is to look for cannabinoid kinds of activities.

If you look at a chart of cannabinoid activity, you'll see that different cannabinoids function in some areas better than others. Each has it's own cluster of activities of the various cannabinoid interactions with the human body.

In cannabis, these compounds exist in clusters. Very rarely with a large amount of one and little else. When that happens it is because of a breeding program.

This cluster produces the entire cannabinoid picture of cannabis as it is presented to the body.

Until 2008, it was presumed by the cannabis folks that cannabinoids existed ONLY in cannabis. It was a truism that everyone repeated.

When it was reported that there was one, bce, that had been found to exist outside the cannabis plant, I realized the experts had placed blinders on themselves. That gave me a head start.

They hadn't started to do the quick screening work to identify more cannabinoid sources.

How to screen for cannabinoid activity?

I made a list of medical marijuana activities:

Anti viral

Anti biotic

Anti fungal

opens up breathing

opens blood vessels

kills pain

kills nerve damage pain

anti inflammatory

anti spasm

anti cancer

Those activities depend on the full natural spectrum of cannabinoids in the plant material.

I figured that any other herb that did most of those things were probably interacting with the endocannabinoid system of the human body.

I consulted with someone that worked with herbs in the Native American community.

I expected to present my list of activities and they might tell me about one or two herbs that matched up with 8 or 9 of the ten.

One herb matched the entire list. Osha.

And just because i personally would take the time to research all ingredients before using them in any fashion:

Osha Root Benefits

Osha root has been an important herbal medicine for native Americans. Osha plant is also known as 'bear medicine', as bears have been found to be greatly attracted to this plant. Bears are usually observed to search for osha and consume its root whenever they are wounded or sick or after the winter hibernation. Osha plant is also used in some native American ceremonies. The plant is known to possess anti-microbial, expectorant, diuretic, diaphoretic, decongestant, anesthetic, emmenagogue, and stimulant properties. The native Americans also use osha root for some health benefits, which are enlisted below.

•Osha root is known to have antibacterial and anti-viral properties. It can prove quite effective for treating cold and flu, especially if taken early. It can also help to provide relief in upper respiratory infections.

•Osha root is used for the natural treatment of bronchial infections and sore throat as well. Due to its numbing effect, it can soothe sore throats.

•Osha is known to boost the immune system and enhance its ability to prevent infections and diseases.

•This herb can be used for relieving cough and congestion as well. It basically helps to make the cough productive. It can be mixed with honey to make a syrup to get faster relief from cough.

•Osha root has a bitter taste, but it helps to stimulate appetite. It is a common herbal medicine used by the native Americans for indigestion and upset stomach.

•Osha root is also used for toothache. It acts like a mild anesthetic and numbs the area to reduce toothache.

•A tea prepared from the root of osha plant can be used topically for small cuts and wounds, due to its antibacterial properties.

•Apart from these, root of the osha plant is sometimes effective for the alleviation of tonsillitis, sinus congestion, stomach pain, asthma, and allergies, pharyngitis, bronchial inflammation, rhinitis, nausea, vomiting, and pneumonia.

Osha Root Side Effects

Osha root is not known to have any major

side effect. However, osha plant can look quite similar to some other plants including, poison hemlock. So, proper identification of osha plant may pose a problem. Moreover, some people can be allergic to osha, in which case its ingestion can produce allergic reaction. Osha root is not recommended to be used in high dosage for a prolonged time period. Use of this root for extended period of time can adversely affect the kidneys and the liver. On the other hand, osha can pass into human breast milk and it is usually advised to be avoided by the pregnant and nursing women. Ingestion of a high amount of osha root or its preparations during pregnancy can cause uterine contractions.

Hope by now, you have got a fair idea about osha root uses, benefits and side effects. Osha plants can be mainly found in open meadows and dry and upland ravines. Osha roots are harvested from the wild to prepare whole or powdered dried roots, which are used as herbal medicine. You can also find osha root complex syrup in the market, that is primarily used for cough and congestion. Though considered as highly effective for curing several ailments, the root of the osha plant should be taken after consulting a herbalist and a certified physician. To avoid any adverse effect, it should be used only in the appropriate dosage.

Research and understand what you are using and possible side effects or contraindications that may exist. Please research the other ingredients as well. Myrhh can seem harmless to everyone, but it can be dangerous to some.

Research and understand what you are using and possible side effects or contraindications that may exist. Please research the other ingredients as well. Myrhh can seem harmless to everyone, but it can be dangerous to some.

This is a very important point.

Whenever you use any herbal compound it is always wise to first try each herb individually to make sure you have no allergies.

If you are allergic to one of the herbs it will be impossible to know which one it is once they are compounded.

Whenever you use any herbal compound it is always wise to first try each herb individually to make sure you have no allergies.

If you are allergic to one of the herbs it will be impossible to know which one it is once they are compounded.

Priceless advice.

I find it quite disturbing that peanut would market this stuff as safe but refuse to divulge ingredients. Granted he did divulge them at one point but after the thread had become inactive he went back and edited them all out. What was the purpose of that? Did he deem it enough time for people to know what was in the oil? So those who participated in the thread, or who read it, knew what was in the oil but those that came by later don't get that benefit?

I find it particularly disturbing that peanut markets this stuff as "safe" without disclosing the necessary precautions. Just look at that bathtub post he made somewhere above. He bills his oil as something you can bathe in but includes zero warnings as to known possible dangers. Is it not telling that he would edit the ingredients as well as other important info but leave the advertising picture with him on a park bench hawking his oil?

I think it is important so I will restate it here--peanut knows of possible dangers to pregnant women, etc. He, himself, brought those dangers up on a radio show he did in 2009, as linked above. Yet I have never once seen him disclose dangers on this website during his continual hawking of his oil. Why is that peanut? I know you are here reading this. Heck you just edited this thread 2 days ago. So please tell us why you continually bill your oil as a cure-all but do not disclose dangers. Wild Bill disclosed a known danger in post 77 in this thread. Why is it HE had to disclose this? Why wouldn't YOU disclose that danger? Seriously man, I'm not attacking you, I just want answers. Of all of the advertising I have seen you do on this website I have never once seen any precautionary statements made. You have told people that they can get your oil at certain dispensaries but never followed that up with precautions. Why? I know it may be difficult for you to answer those question but how about you play a little Lance Armstrong, suck it up, man up, and tell us?

Further;

Some of these ingredients make things go through the skin faster and in greater quantity. They have properties that make them get quickly through the barrier of your skin. They take what they are mixed with into your body. So even a slight alergy can be very bad when you combine it with these barrier breakers. It's a risky business that has to be monitored when you first start using an aggressive topical. Never drink a topical concoction either. It's a ridiculous thing to do when the ingredients are there so it can better go through your skin.

I am an Ordained Priest. Not that it makes a shiite bit a difference.

Convince yourself of whatever you believe,... i call it out for what it is. If me telling the truth destroys your house of cards, maybe the light of day was what was needed.

Edit: I am avaialble for Weddings :-)

yea my nephew who is a cop in daytona florida on the beaches is an ordaned minister also, He married his sister and her husband peter, Im not sure if the kid ever has been in a church, he got is liscense online!

If all of you guys think this thread shouldnt be here, quit coming in here and agruing, its like looking back in time and seeing what an butt head I was!

Peace

Jim

P.s pb, just keep doing what your doing, dont play into their game, its obvious they just are going to follow you around and act like a holes!

P.s pb, just keep doing what your doing, dont play into their game, its obvious they just are going to follow you around and act like a holes!

If a holes are people who insist on the labelling of a product so people know what they are using then I am a proud a hole. If a holes are people who are concerned about the safety of others then I am a proud a hole.

How anyone could get "a hole" out of the insistence of keeping people safe is beyond me. No one has called for peanut to NOT sell his oil. The issue is keeping users of it safe. Does that matter to you at all Jim? Even a little bit?

Malamute, on 04 January 2013 - 05:45 AM, said:

I am an Ordained Priest. Not that it makes a shiite bit a difference.

Convince yourself of whatever you believe,... i call it out for what it is. If me telling the truth destroys your house of cards, maybe the light of day was what was needed.

Edit: I am avaialble for Weddings :-)

yea my nephew who is a cop in daytona florida on the beaches is an ordaned minister also, He married his sister and her husband peter, Im not sure if the kid ever has been in a church, he got is liscense online!

If all of you guys think this thread shouldnt be here, quit coming in here and agruing, its like looking back in time and seeing what an butt head I was!

Peace

Jim

Dudeism - The Church of the Latter Day Dude

burn victims do suffer... horribly.

we do agree - you should not put topical ointment (PB oil or any other home remedy) on yourself that wasn't tested and approved through the FDA with clinical trials to determine not only side effects but the efficiency at which the cannabis will help bolster the immune systems defense mechanism.

once established and shown to be effective this is a study i would stand behind..

however.. soap box medicine is not a good idea..

there is an established process in our county to offer a product up for sale... any and every product to include topical solutions (especially those making sensational claims).

these laws were established to protect consumers...

very much like what folks are trying to do in this thread.

Gersh while i empathize with your position, i do not recommend putting your solution on people to "experiment" and see what your concoction "ends up working" on.

maybe it will end up being the ultimate cure to everything as claimed.. however you can't skip the process.

get it tested

label it

market it

then bombard the consumers with it..

but, follow the rules....

please

that way fewer people get hurt through the process.

my grandma kept a plant around for burns and sun burns, so know one should use some vinegar on them if they have a bad sunburn, im thinking that isnt on the bottle for uses lol,,phaq i cant think of the plant name, but it helps for pain on burns all kinds of burns, I bet there are several in this town in peoples homes,,,,,,,prob the native americans used it, my pa used to use them milk plants that grow all over sandy area for his arthritis, he claimed it worked, we had to bring some home if he didnt go up to the cottage with us (his cottage in houghton lake) he also made his own after shave, That man looked the same as he did when he died as he did when i can 1st remember him. he made the after shave out of some kind of acid that the pharmacys used to have, they dont have it any longer,,,,my old man had a little bottle of mercury in our basement that me and my bro and sis would find it, we would put it in our hands, drop a little and watch it scatter into lil bb shape peices! just think of all of the different stuff we grew up thru, esbesto's, mercury every where in paints also, I grew up in detroit, we had like maybe 6 t.v channels on our black and white tv.s and the remote was me the kid,lol

we went from sending monkeys in space to men on the moon, bag phones with a huge battery to tiny lil phones with tiny lil 33 gig cards smaller than what my hands can handle easy, my first p.c had only 10 gigs of hard drive, a gateway custom made to order, remember them, my first test of the internet was web t.v on my 50" screen def not a plasma lol it was bulky but very lite!

people my age have seen so many things change, we done so many of grandmas cures for this and that!

Im totaly not against p.b's oil, in fact im not against it at all, Im trying to find the right person to treat, I need to see them every day. no I would not pour it in any hole on a pt, Only a topical oil, it does have some pain releiving effects, ive seen it my self, I just cant keep my ginny pigs on it if im not there, (they were more than willing to try it) also I noticed about his oil that you get, it probably would pass any tests by the fda as an oil whether it be for a topical oil on you or a cooking edible oil! none of the ingrediant are considered dangerious, not saying there are not people that it wont hurt! people have allergys, nothing works for every one, if it did, we prob would not have any expensive rx's.

when p.b starting writing in his thread about japans nuclear shcitt in michigan, i started teasing on that thread, when this thread started, I beleive p.b was a mod for a day or 2, but my point is, its the 1st time he posted what he uses in his oil, sure made me feel better about seeing what this can do, I make bho hopefuly alot more often soon, I mixed mine in with p.bs oil, it mixed realy well following directions he gave me, and ive seen it work a little bit, like i said, i have to be close to some one to make sure it gets used long enough to see if it works, i can only tell you what happend on the first day, my mom did more than she ever does and my dads leg lost most of the swelling realy quick, i put it on a sore he has, he has diabetes, I never tell people not to do the medication that your dr gave you for it, unless you think you dont need it after using this for a while, didnt get that far!

oh yea the name of granma's plant was aloe!

Peace

Jim

Ehh... phaq it dude,.... let's go bowling.

Now that sounds like fun, you all the way over by celli? Id love to bowl, I bet you will beat me! :bong2::yahoo-wave:

Peace

Jim

{P/s Im serious, that would be fun, a little bowling, a little medicating, I have a bowling alley in my town, wow no bunny muffin, i beleive it has 12 lanes, ive only been there once to drop the kid off for a party,,,,realy realy will ya take me bowling!!!!!!!

edit= can we bring friends, lets use up all the alleys maybe the owner is a pt and we can locke the doors and have a great time, they have a bar and food or either or!

Edited by phaquetoo

Peanut paid Jim a visit a while back and Jim has been on the peanut band wagon ever since. Doesn't matter what is written, he's just going to say whatever to help his mentor, peanut. You get these folks from the audience with the snake oil sellers. It's just part of the plan. They come and go.

You know resto I was actualy going to pm you and ask you what your about! Yes p.b was genorious enough to send me some of his oil free, he told me how he has been using it, i been reading about it for yrs, i even pm'd pb once to ask what is in his oil, he ignored me, when he put his ingredients on here, I wrote him again, and talked on the phone, Im a big boy, I can think for my self, and actualy me and pb had a great converstation, hey ive teased almost every one, I dont know maybe im getting older or my head meds are working well because im doing them as prescribed, well i dont realy know, I just know I use to come unglued alot rotglmfao!

Im still gonna pm ya, because Ive not realy talked to you in here about what every one else is doing, im not against you, I may not agree with all you say, and you may not agree with me, but ive had respect for you in here most days! if I havent im sure someone with copy and paiste my old nasty negative talk! Ive got a whole lot to say about not only p.b but this site in general, I was in the other site while the old admin ruined this site, and I gotta tell ya, I didnt see it coming (how the site is changing and which way it is heading) ive been over on the other side, but like their, im pretty much just a guy who fills in some spaces here, the people in charge and I dont mean zap or any of the mods, shoot i cant even blame the owner! he dont have time for this site, he is busting but making this law work, hopefuly!

any how you can think what you like about me and p.b, I think he is a good guy, we all do what we have to do to make sure mine and me are good! I dont see the hurt people acuse pb of causing!

but I can see that no matter what the man talks about there are the same few in here bashing on him, non stop, just non stop, at least when i did my blasting of people, I got rude crude nasty and I was done,and after I though of what i said I usulay appoligized, we all have bad days!

No one knows me or what i do, ive been accused of lots of things, if you were my neighbor you would laugh your donkey off shcitt if you were my mom an dad you laugh your arse off about the things ive been acused of, unless of course it was ilegal! :yahoo-wave:

I am what I am and thats all that I am! lmao

Peace and my head meds are working well!

Jim

Hmmm, Since it is public information posted by pb and is in the cache still:

And just because i personally would take the time to research all ingredients before using them in any fashion:

In case it wasn't noticed. I retracted my permission for anyone else to make this.