Michigan Cannabis Coalition Legalization Initiative

Their initiative does not touch or mention the act

sorry, bolded now for clarification of my point.

mcc mentions the act, but does not supersede it, we agree.

sorry if i'm being pedantic. i've been reviewing proposals and theres some flip switched on in my brain that looks for inconsistencies. trying to turn it off.

This is indicative of their goal to restrict home grows. 12 plants should be a minimum , this is a practical and reasonable amount to learn to grow and perfect the opp. Anything less is a move to restrict home grows

The board , chosen and anointed by the gov, speaker and leader will lead to further political cronyism. Do we want the fknrepublican dictating the laws on MJ....the MJ they have been At WAR with for 40 years..Hell No

There are no specifics on fees, taxes, service charges, licenses. They are going to make MJ unaffordable.

The same War on Drugs folk want to now write the rules.

This bill is too vague and has too many Grey areas that will be exploited by the republicans.

This bill gets a solid........No

Fix these issues and get back with us after nov 2016

This is indicative of their goal to restrict home grows. 12 plants should be a minimum , this is a practical and reasonable amount to learn to grow and perfect the opp. Anything less is a move to restrict home grows

The board , chosen and anointed by the gov, speaker and leader will lead to further political cronyism. Do we want the fknrepublican dictating the laws on MJ(gm)....the MJ they have been At WAR with for 40 years..Hell No

There are no specifics on fees, taxes, service charges, licenses. They are going to make MJ unaffordable.

This bill is too vague and has too many Grey areas that will be exploited by the republicans. (gm)

Right On

The board , chosen and anointed by the gov, speaker and leader will lead to further political cronyism. Do we want the fknrepublican dictating the laws on MJ....the MJ they have been At WAR with for 40 years..Hell No

This bill is too vague and has too many Grey areas that will be exploited by the republicans.

Both partys have been fighting the war on drugs for 40 yrs!

The only place that will maybe be rid of repubs in 2016 will be MI, any repub can run for prez and beat hillary or any one they have to offer up,

Tell me what is so great about obama...............I must be missing something,  Oh is it the Nobile peace prize he got just for being elected, I wonder what the 1st woman prez is gonna win something for nothing!

I bet you love Jimmy Carter still sticking his nose where it dont belong, or maybe you are not old enough to know who jimmy carter is, I would never allign myself with some one like him, ,,,,you must be aligning with people like him because of all your hate spewed at fnrepubs,,,,,do you have anything bad to say about dumbecrats?

Only a Fool believes that they are NOT all one in the same once elected!

Alot of good people go into politics,,,,,,But alot of bad come out!

Peace

"The commission created by Richard M. Nixon to study the "marijuana problem" concluded the following:

The National Commission on Marijuana and Drug Abuse (a.k.a. "the Shafer Commission"), formally made its recommendation on March 22, 1972 advising Congress to remove criminal penalties on the possession and nonprofit distribution of marijuana. 

"Neither the marihuana user nor the drug itself can be said to constitute a danger to public safety," concluded the report's authors, led by then-Gov. Raymond Shafer of Pennsylvania. "Therefore, the Commission recommends that the possession of marijuana for personal use no longer be an offense, and that the casual distribution of small amounts of marihuana for no remuneration, or insignificant remuneration no longer be an offense."

Despite the commission's recommendations, Nixon and Congress ignored the report. Since then nearly 100 million Americans have been arrested on simple possession of marijuana charges for nothing. FBI statistics indicate that one marijuana smoker is arrested every 42 seconds in America! 

End the lies and legalize."

This is a cut and paste but apropo  Kudos to the author

Edited by beourbud

Maybe one day you will realize that both party's suck!

Peace

Or maybe one day you will realize one party sucks a lot more.  The GOP,  Banksters and Warwhores

Decriminalize Completely and we can have disp, farmers markets, roadside Cafe, etc, but this obvious attack on home grows thru restrictive ords and fees and discouraging outdoor grows.  It is all meant to eliminate regular folk like you and me to grow our own.  

The repubs are holding all the cards and playing us for fools

Free the Weed    Decriminalize

Edited by beourbud

Every single ilegal drug was once legal!  over nite they make them ilegal w/o any ones vote or input!

If uncle sam cant make a fortune from it they make it ilegal.

We dont realy have a say!  Dont you wish all people or most would vote the same like we did on prop 1?

Peace

Friend  Our Vote is Our Say

Our Vote = Uncle Sam

We Be He

No the electoral college is the real vote! and it is not spit up evenly enough! our individual votes dont mean anything in federal elections, we be nothing but numbers to he!

we are $ to all politicians!

Im not happy with any of them! I group all politicians together, no matter what party they are part of, untill people can vote across party lines for the right reasons and not pork barrel spending it will never end!

Peace

This is a cut and paste but apropo  Kudos to the author

"Look, we understood we couldn't make it illegal to be young or poor or black in the United States, but we could criminalize their common pleasure. We understood that drugs were not the health problem we were making them out to be, but it was such a perfect issue ... that we couldn't resist it."

- John Ehrlichman, White House counsel to President Nixon on the rationale of the War on Drugs.

Doesn't this say it all?

• 3 weeks later...

The difference is in the limits. Although any adult is allowed to possess up to 1 ounce, non-residents of Colorado will be restricted to purchasing no more than ¼ ounce (7 grams) in a single transaction. So no Oz

jan 1 I believe, so what has the location have to do with price? They appear to purchase product from the same ops the rest do at least until they opened their own grow op.

So should we charge out of state tourists more for bread and milk or alcohol...I don't understand your reasoning.

Do we need to gouge them just because we can?

One thing that stands out, colo is a very progressive state, the republican house, senate and gov are keeping Michigan in a Permanent state of Reefer Madness.

imo,  voting for any of these legalization efforts (if making the ballot) will be another case of the 'lesser of 2 evils' vote.

it is unfortunately. I don't think we have the numbers to stop both. It comes down to the apathy of general voters. They will vote to legalize one way or another imo.

bill schuette wants marijuana illegal.

why do you stand with him??

i cannot believe i would see the day of patients and caregivers standing on schuettes side.

i'm not sure what fear that legalization or this quasi-legalization has fraught you with, but it must be very strong and articulable. i understand the fear of legislature changing the mmma, much like changes have begot oregon, washington and colorado. but i know the reality of what is happening right now, marijuana arrests at an alarming rate.

am i more afraid of current reality or future fear? current reality.