Out Door Grow Is This Legal

you might be able to cut the plants down and count them as whole plants, instead of the weight on the plants. just hang the entire plant, no cutting buds off.

only cut a bud off when you use it. otherwise it stays on the large plant.

so each plant has more than 2.5oz on it but its just counted as a plant?

its kind of up in the air at this point in the law.

In Wayne County, doing this makes you super mega vulnerable to charges of selling 5 to 45 kilos (that's how it's charged, as if you had actually completed a sale of 5 to 45).   In raids, leo don't take pics, meaning its [your word vs leos] as to whether plants were hanging and [were usable or unusable bud].  If you rock as above, you must take continuous video of the hanging plants and the usable in jars, while sending the video offsite for storage.  (When Wayne County leo finds pics the defense could use, they destroy them).  In Wayne, it is up to you to prove your case.  Minus such documentation, you are (on leo's word), guilty.  Of something, anything, whatever.  But they're sure you are guilty.  In Wayne it is not gray, your a black sheep to be harvested and your scalp added to those hanging on leos belt.

I know my post sounds cynical, sarcastic and bogus, but not to those who've had it happen to them.  Unless you have maintained video time-stamped just seconds before leos shown bursting in, you get burned and branded on leo's scale that only shows guilt. 

So GDP, how much of your $2k budget is for video?

MSP is chopping down plants that have no wire on top in my area. Less painful to put wire on top and not have leo stopping in.

Just my opinion.

Are they charging folks for no top or are they just chopping plants because they know you won't do anything about it?

I have heard of 3 grows that were visible from the road. Leo told them they could not be seen. They did not indicate a top was required, no charges. Unfortunately a grower from Colorado refused to conceal the plants after no less than 3 warning from Leo.

He is gone ,the other 2 have taller fences now. Still no top.

Truth is Master Growers have been growing Cage Free for centuries. Families have built rural empires pharming cannabis.

It would behoove everyone to bring them into the program. Until there are no more grey areas to be used against them they will continue to fly under the radar.

In light of what the fknrepublicans are trying to do to our good law does anyone blame them from not participating?

Last year Leo confiscated about 1% of the guerilla grows. The projections for this year Are record high. The demand for Cage Free is skyrocketing, leo/ courts and the majority in Lansing has made it clear they are corrupted and colluding to run the program into oblivion if they cannot control the program from seed to sale.

This is unacceptable , and will not work until the Cage Free folk are allowed in

Folk are tired of the double standards . Alcohol ,cigarettes and pharmaceuticals, all proven killers are laying around the house of most prosecutors and judges easily access able to anyone in the house. Some of the largest parties I have seen were by a coke dealing son of a prosecuter who knew he was untouchable, and in that small town. He was. Leo staggering out of bars without fear of prosecution, their kids always get special treatment.

But be a child of color and there is a very real chance you will be gunned down without provocation or bent backwards until your spine snaps.

There is a growing mistrust of our majority, They have proven themselves corrupt and lacking Compasion for the people of Michigan and humanity in general.

Snyder can poison Flint but the Ag and fknrepub legislators will defend him. We have courser gamrats running the Capitol lying and cheating their collegues constituents and spouses.

Most Cage Free Pharmers have more integrity in their pinky finger than all the majority in Lansing combined.

Call it civil disobedience if you want but these folk ain't bending one inch on this. They feel the majority wants everything and anyone who gets between them and the $$$ should be caged.

If Less Painful is what you desire, Vote every repub Out of office, every chance you get.

Sign the gov recall petition, don't worry about the Lt gov. He got to go to..

We need to send a strong message to Lansing.....Enough!

Rep. Cavanaugh (democrat) is a Canna Hero, He knows the benefits of the Outdoor Grows and he knows the definition of Outdoor and insisted it be included in the law. He stood up for We the People!

The law is Plain and Clear, an Outdoor Grow must be enclosed on all sides and cannot be portable.

There is No Top Side of a Outdoor Grow/garden.

Free the Weed

you could be right beourbud, the police just want a fence so tall that they cannot reach over.still i'd put some cheap wire over it.

That should be you prerogative just like locking up your cigarettes, alcohol and pharmaceuticals . ( all proven killers)

There is an obvious bias against the medicine that has never killed anyone...Cannabis

The majority cares only about the money, they couldn't care less about the people of Flint or patients and caregivers growing meds for the sick and those too poor to seek adequate treatment.

These unconscionable and indefensible regulations are a scourge on humanity

In Wayne County, doing this makes you super mega vulnerable to charges of selling 5 to 45 kilos (that's how it's charged, as if you had actually completed a sale of 5 to 45). In raids, leo don't take pics, meaning its [your word vs leos] as to whether plants were hanging and [were usable or unusable bud]. If you rock as above, you must take continuous video of the hanging plants and the usable in jars, while sending the video offsite for storage. (When Wayne County leo finds pics the defense could use, they destroy them). In Wayne, it is up to you to prove your case. Minus such documentation, you are (on leo's word), guilty. Of something, anything, whatever. But they're sure you are guilty. In Wayne it is not gray, your a black sheep to be harvested and your scalp added to those hanging on leos belt.

I know my post sounds cynical, sarcastic and bogus, but not to those who've had it happen to them. Unless you have maintained video time-stamped just seconds before leos shown bursting in, you get burned and branded on leo's scale that only shows guilt.

So GDP, how much of your $2k budget is for video?

if you know court cases or charges against people, you should post them

I have had an outdoor grow in a residential lot for 3 years now and no problems. I have close neighbors both 2 story houses.   I sunk four 4 x 4 posts cemented 5 feet deep, wrapped it with fence.  The top I covered with chicken wire.  I also used fiberglass tent poles from corner to corner creating a bubble effect.  Then I cover the top with 6ml plastic that I had painted with diluted flat exterior paint about 50/50 paint to h20.  the plastic also is wrapped over the fence on the sides as well.  I have a boards about a foot off the ground and a foot from the top the go all the way around and plastic on sides is in between the boards thus creating a open space from the ground to about 12 inches up and same gap on the top about 6 to 7 feet up.   This allows air flow to come in bottom and flow out the top.   my top cover over hangs on all sides and I have about a foot gap on all top sides for air flow.   Last year i added a industrial outdoor fan to move air and i put 2 osculating fans in there as well. The 6ml painted plastic cover top as well with tent poles making nice canopy no dripping h20. 

And i did dwc outdoor. buried four 50 gallon drums in my 11 feet by 12 feet out door grow.  Ran 3 air stones in each 50 gallon drum feed via through pvc pipe from my garage.  I can put plants out a bit early they wont get the frost and i have kept a plant one year until early November.  

Don't think i have read or seen anyone doing outdoor dwc. 

I was buzzed last year and the year before last year they made 3 or 4 passes.  I thought for sure the knock on the door was coming any minute never came.   Must of figured if this guy went through all of that he must be in compliance.  My 1 and half car garage sits only feet away from out door grow and back of garage looks like swiss cheese with all the vents cut in the garage so po po had to know i was a grower.

With it being an election year I think I will go with no plastic this year and plant tomatoes i wonder it leo will mistake them for pot plants and give me a knock to find tomatoes.

I have had an outdoor grow in a residential lot for 3 years now and no problems. I have close neighbors both 2 story houses.   I sunk four 4 x 4 posts cemented 5 feet deep, wrapped it with fence.  The top I covered with chicken wire.  I also used fiberglass tent poles from corner to corner creating a bubble effect.  Then I cover the top with 6ml plastic that I had painted with diluted flat exterior paint about 50/50 paint to h20.  the plastic also is wrapped over the fence on the sides as well.  I have a boards about a foot off the ground and a foot from the top the go all the way around and plastic on sides is in between the boards thus creating a open space from the ground to about 12 inches up and same gap on the top about 6 to 7 feet up.   This allows air flow to come in bottom and flow out the top.   my top cover over hangs on all sides and I have about a foot gap on all top sides for air flow.   Last year i added a industrial outdoor fan to move air and i put 2 osculating fans in there as well. The 6ml painted plastic cover top as well with tent poles making nice canopy no dripping h20. 

And i did dwc outdoor. buried four 50 gallon drums in my 11 feet by 12 feet out door grow.  Ran 3 air stones in each 50 gallon drum feed via through pvc pipe from my garage.  I can put plants out a bit early they wont get the frost and i have kept a plant one year until early November.  

Don't think i have read or seen anyone doing outdoor dwc. 

I was buzzed last year and the year before last year they made 3 or 4 passes.  I thought for sure the knock on the door was coming any minute never came.   Must of figured if this guy went through all of that he must be in compliance.  My 1 and half car garage sits only feet away from out door grow and back of garage looks like swiss cheese with all the vents cut in the garage so po po had to know i was a grower.

With it being an election year I think I will go with no plastic this year and plant tomatoes i wonder it leo will mistake them for pot plants and give me a knock to find tomatoes.

I bet leo never knocks on your door. they seem more interested in non compliant growers, a small percentage of our registry to date thankfully. Keep safe!

When leo cut down plants in my area, they did not charge property owners with anything. They just cut the plants down and hauled them away.

All this cause of no wire on top of outdoor grow.

I only covered top of outdoor grow last year with chain link fencing. I would rather not take any chances as heli's fly over quite a bit.

When leo cut down plants in my area, they did not charge property owners with anything. They just cut the plants down and hauled them away.

All this cause of no wire on top of outdoor grow.

I only covered top of outdoor grow last year with chain link fencing. I would rather not take any chances as heli's fly over quite a bit.

So how many square ft was your garden?

I do not understand why beourbud is so hung up on a "roof" , either cover it or not, your choice, I have had enough run-ins with the cops over the years, I covered mine with chicken wire and what I grow is not rank, no problem from the chicken wire, no worse than a goose crapping on your plants as they fly over  :>), plus spider crap, beetle crap, fly sh*t all over everything, the world is not sterile and neither are any of us!! If you eat food, you eat bug parts and their sh*t, it's in the can,pkg.,jar,etc. allowed by federal law. So, for me a drip of water off my chicken wire is, at most, the least of my worries. I would rather just grow it in my garden, tried it once, leo said no,no bro. If you do not want to cover it then do not do it, quit trying to force your ideas on other people, you do what you want and I will do what I want( or feel a need to do ). I have better things to do with my money than hire an attorney, pay fines, daily jail fees, etc. and most of all, my free time is all that I have that is really mine!! 

Farmer Brown

over the years here I've noticed some posters are confused between what is true, what they might want readers to read and what they want law makers to read. They use posts like a sounding board for votes, maybe hoping their ideals result in positive changes in our laws. No foul play there really.

If I had to cage it anyways, I'd put a top on it to stop thieves/children/cops or other passerby opportunists. Greenhouses have been covered forever and do exceptionally well with cannabis, vegetables and fruits for all of us. I can come up with more reasons to have a top than not to. Civil disobedience? sure if you can afford it, carry on and make this a better place for all of us, thank you.  the majority of mj circles I know are content to stay under the radar, follow the rules mostly, and carry on just like they did 10 yrs ago. pushing the envelope is good for activists, politicians, cops and attorneys maybe.....but not for me.

Stay safe, dont blow it.

If you are worried about arrests maybe you should focus on illegal transfers at dispensaries and testing labs.

They both blatantly disregard the law and promote illegal activity here on the forums.

Not surprising, they are the same criminals fighting a top on an Outdoor Grow.

Can you link me to a Outdoor grow that was specifically charged for no top?

I'll get my busted dispensary list prepared, Might take a while there are quite a few.

The dispensaries have lost face and favor. They are both a nuisance to their communities and the MMMP

Free the Weed, Cage the Greed

If you are worried about arrests maybe you should focus on illegal transfers at dispensaries and testing labs.

They both blatantly disregard the law and promote illegal activity here on the forums.

Not surprising, they are the same criminals fighting a top on an Outdoor Grow.

Can you link me to a Outdoor grow that was specifically charged for no top?

I'll get my busted dispensary list prepared, Might take a while there are quite a few.

The dispensaries have lost face and favor. They are both a nuisance to their communities and the MMMP

Free the Weed, Cage the Greed

http://www.lenconnect.com/article/20140410/News/140419969

Illegal transfers were never outlawed by legislation.  It is a court opinion.  OPINION.

However, the legislature passed law deciding the parameters of outdoor grows:

Marihuana plants grown outdoors are considered to be in an enclosed, locked facility if they are not visible to the unaided eye from an adjacent property when viewed by an individual at ground level or from a permanent structure and are grown within a stationary structure that is enclosed on all sides, except for the base, by chain-link fencing, wooden slats, or a similar material that prevents access by the general public and that is anchored, attached, or affixed to the ground; located on land that is owned, leased, or rented by either the registered qualifying patient or a person designated through the departmental registration process as the primary caregiver for the registered qualifying patient or patients for whom the marihuana plants are grown; and equipped with functioning locks or other security devices that restrict access to only the registered qualifying patient or the registered primary caregiver who owns, leases, or rents the property on which the structure is located. Enclosed, locked facility includes a motor vehicle if both of the following conditions are met:

How many sides does a cube have?

A:
QUICK ANSWER

A cube has six sides, which are also called faces. There are four faces on the sides of the cube, and the top and bottom each have one face. An example of a cube is a standard die with sides numbered from one to six.

http://www.ask.com/math/many-sides-cube-e8f09baafbd0f960

Edited by garyfisher

“In the instant case, the defendant’s marijuana was growing outside the facility to the point that it was up against the neighbor’s fence and could be picked from the adjoining property without entering defendant’s backyard,” Leon stated.

He was breaking several aspects of the law as indicated above.

But, the top was not an issue. His fence just wasn't tall enough .

Neighbors able to see, able to pick passing....sure, A regular cop magnet

But again no mention of top

Next

Edited by beourbud

http://www.lenconnect.com/article/20140410/News/140419969

Illegal transfers were never outlawed by legislation.  It is a court opinion.  OPINION.

However, the legislature passed law deciding the parameters of outdoor grows:

Marihuana plants grown outdoors are considered to be in an enclosed, locked facility if they are not visible to the unaided eye from an adjacent property when viewed by an individual at ground level or from a permanent structure and are grown within a stationary structure that is enclosed on all sides, except for the base, by chain-link fencing, wooden slats, or a similar material that prevents access by the general public and that is anchored, attached, or affixed to the ground; located on land that is owned, leased, or rented by either the registered qualifying patient or a person designated through the departmental registration process as the primary caregiver for the registered qualifying patient or patients for whom the marihuana plants are grown; and equipped with functioning locks or other security devices that restrict access to only the registered qualifying patient or the registered primary caregiver who owns, leases, or rents the property on which the structure is located. Enclosed, locked facility includes a motor vehicle if both of the following conditions are met:

How many sides does a cube have?

A:
QUICK ANSWER

A cube has six sides, which are also called faces. There are four faces on the sides of the cube, and the top and bottom each have one face. An example of a cube is a standard die with sides numbered from one to six.

http://www.ask.com/math/many-sides-cube-e8f09baafbd0f960

I get your cube analogy, and i even used this as an example before.

But think about it this way:

If you have a fenced enclosure, is there a "side" on the top?  I don't think so.  I have a fenced acre enclosed by a six-foot chain link fence.  The fence is rectangular, so I have a north side, a south side, an east side, and a west side.  There isn't a top side, because fence structures don't have a side on the top.  I'm not advising anyone with this, just simply playing with the language to the benefit of outdoor growers same as LEOs will do the opposite. 

“In the instant case, the defendant’s marijuana was growing outside the facility to the point that it was up against the neighbor’s fence and could be picked from the adjoining property without entering defendant’s backyard,” Leon stated.

He was breaking several aspects of the law as indicated above.

But, the top was not an issue. His fence just wasn't tall enough.

Neighbors able to see, able to pick passing.... A regular cop magnet

But again no mention of top

Next

Consider this.  I'm not trying to be all about enforcing a top.  But you could envision a situation where a grower grows auto-flowers outdoors within a 4-foot fence, and maybe the plants never get over 3 feet tall, but just about anyone could reach over the fence and pinch-off some buds, so this sorta grow wouldn't be secure from the general public?

Consider this. I'm not trying to be all about enforcing a top. But you could envision a situation where a grower grows auto-flowers outdoors within a 4-foot fence, and maybe the plants never get over 3 feet tall, but just about anyone could reach over the fence and pinch-off some buds, so this sorta grow wouldn't be secure from the general public?

The qualifier being Reach.

I would suggest their plants were too close to the fence.

The plants should not be seen by neighbor and out of reach.

No problem plant then out of reach and a fence tall enough

Edited by beourbud

the very next sentence reads to restrict access to anyone but the grower.   Obviously a fence without a top is in noncompliance of this reqirement.  If you kept chickens and wanted to keep access from critters out, you'd bet your darn donkey that you'd consider the top a side to restrict access to.

Not worried about critters...kinda dilutes the discussion

Chicken wire doesn't stop humans. If the ripper is there for your plants the chicken wire will hardly be an inconvenience

Obviously, if a top was an issue, a top would be mentioned specifically as the sides and base are.

Edited by beourbud

Not worried about critters

Chicken wire doesn't stop humans

Right-0  Chicken wire won't stop humans, but the law kinda seems to say that growers have some heightened responsibility to keep petty thieves out.  Actually it doesn't really say that.  But LEOs expect you to do that.  If I have a kinda secure outdoor grow that's one thing.  LEO wants me to to have my grow secured in a military or prison sort of way.  So I'm charged with the responsibility of keeping punks out of my grow, but I can legally leave a bottle on Tramidol on my deck? 

It isn't my responsibility to make sure that thugs can't access my grow.  That responsibility falls first on the wayward thugs and second on LEO. 

Not my job to enforce the law.